2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got some reports that it was good after 3km? Is there any snow from the parking area yet?

ok trail isnt realli good till like 6km up....

Were you with the crew that had some bad luck up there ?

we were not with the group that went throught the lake but we could hear em in the distance.

hey dirtbiker how many feet of snow is my sled under

saying 2 feet would be pushing it. was all pow and felt deep on the sled....no base

relyks

Reaction score
Hey, coming to Valemount in the begining of December. Anyone have any good recommendations of a place to stay for five nights?

shellnekov

Reaction score
chalet continental or best western. check out the sponsor links on the website too. lots of good places to stay

Yes, support the businesses that support sledding. Best western,Alpine etc.
Nicely said . My dollar will only go to these businesses and let them know your staying there due to their support.

smurferdude

Reaction score
Rode Allen creek today and all I can say is...LAND MINES!!!!!! Lots of soft powder almost everywhere you go, but there is no base. Old trail up Allen creek ruff at best. Most of Allen creek is sitting at around 3 to 3.5 feet, but unless your willing to bust up your sled a little...might be best to wait for a couple more dumps up top.
Damage done on my sled for this weekend...Upper and lower A arms on left side, spindle, and a couple welds that will need to be redone. First ride of the season under the belt, only gets better from here.

RMKKing

Reaction score
We rode Allen today too, the trail up is pretty brutal lots of rocks and roots, looked even worse on the way down. Snow up top was pretty good but completely agree with smurfer, LOTS of landmines. Had to leave my buddies Polaris for the helicopter in the AM. Broken drive axle and wrapped the track around the drivers. Other than that it was a good first trip. Be back second week of December for sure. :beer:

tanner

Reaction score
I'm Thinking that was the Nytro that when through. He is thankful to all that came out to help him. Engine is full of water could be an expensive fix for the first time on the new machine.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would NEVER try westridge this early, but it sounds like it claimed a doos front end yesterday from a few guys that attempted........

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more reading I do the more I think I might hold off for a bit yet. Sounds like alot of smashed sleds?

Motogp

Reaction score
The more reading I do the more I think I might hold off for a bit yet. Sounds like alot of smashed sleds?

Good idea. If you have ever been in the area when it is not winter you know what is under the snow. Unless you have money to burn I think riding in the conditions that are being reported is pretty dumb (no offense to anyone who has been).

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that they start to groom on the first of december and if so dose any one know what trails

Its 100% snow dependant and we need more ! Allan Creek is usually the first one done.

Call me anytime during regular business hours (mon-fri for now)at 2505664817for direct info
thanks
c

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to Luke the Drifter to transporting my ride to Martin for me and hopefully another thanks to Maxwell for bringing the new girl back on friday !:d YAHOO

Top Bottom