2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem with that forcast is that the riding areas are effected completely different. as anyone knows 10 mins down the road from valemount is a completely different ball game either good or bad. i beleive there is enough snow in the alpine its the lower access that needs a good dump. so if you think its going to snow 1-2ft in the next week then by all means it should be ok. thats what im hoping for. just going through my pics from last year this weekend had at least 2-3ft extra.

bingo !

Braedend

Reaction score
Hey Guys we were up there yesterday for the day. The trail up wasn't fun at all and even worse on the way down a lot of rocks roots etc..The snow wasn't anything special for this time of year was definitly better last year was probably 3ft in most places at the most i would say. These were taken in Allen Creek by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 859
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 856

mxracer328

Reaction score
lookin like valemont might be the place for my first ride of the year this year.

Braedend

Reaction score
haha no we didnt end up seeing your sled might have been further back than we made it. We didn't go to far back just hung around not far from cabin dropped down past the cabin and what not. Yah the snow was okay need a couple more feet for sure. The old trail was pretty rough, alot of rocks still showing, definitly gonna wait a couple weeks before we go up again.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year was a pretty stellar year for sure. I used to get out on the long weekend every year and have decent snow. Im a little wiser now and will let the rich guys be the first ones up. The rocks need at least 6 feet just to cover them in base and then you can ride the pow. Wise guys will wait...

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
awesome...hopefully we get a bit more snow there in the next couple weeks to make for some real good powder riding!! Keep the updates comin!!

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled into the cabin tonight and saw more sleds at the best western than I expected. I got pretty excited when I hide Mt Robson, as there was a fair bit of snow in the pass, but when I got into Vale, it was pretty dry. Looks like everything in town melted in the last day or two as there was still water dripping off some of the logs. I didn't bring the sled up yet, thinking it would be a rock ride up, but if there was snow in town recently, maybe the trail is shaping up? Keeps the pics coming guys. Good work.

COLBEE

Reaction score
so how far are you allowed to drive up the trail to unload at allen creek? or are u allowed at all?

Summit1

Reaction score
We road Clemina today better than Allen. Still need a lot more snow, it was snowing pretty good when we came down tonight so hopefully soon:beer::beer::beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how far did you have to drive up clemina to find snow!

its raining up a long ways, some guys said they were parked at 6km and still road gravel, others said they road goat ridge........although i have never see that trail broken until early december for years and this year is worse that most..................would love to see some pics.................;)

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how far are you allowed to drive up the trail to unload at allen creek? or are u allowed at all?

there is a motorized restriction on allan to protect the alpine, i will check into the exact legalities, but as far as i know no one has gotten into heat from driving from 1-3km up the main trail...........like i said i will look into in on monday, but hopefully by then, we will not have to worry about it

Weather Forecast: Valemount, British Columbia - The Weather Network

Top Bottom