2009 800 Dragon

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of like the spot free rinse at the car wash... when does it really start?

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good one,

unless you designed the pump you cant confirm its 3L

No but it is easy enough to find pump schematics and make an educated guess that will easily be within +/- 0.5L, which would still not change the end octane rating when filling up a sled any meaningful amount. A bike that holds 8L is obviously a different story.

None of this is brain science, could be bordering on rocket surgery though... :beer:

pounder

Reaction score
BTW, new information suggests this was NO Fuel Issue and Someone screwed up on our 2010 update. Go Figure..... this issue has not been resolved. Just thought I would keep you all posted.

teeyesto

Reaction score
Hey there, was wondering if anyone has tried a programmer to fatten up the fuel mixture in the lean mid range.I have a SLP pipe and can of it as well. I am now on my third motor and trying to stop this from happening. Any help ot info would be a lot of help. Thanks

snowdrifter

Reaction score
Hey there, was wondering if anyone has tried a programmer to fatten up the fuel mixture in the lean mid range.I have a SLP pipe and can of it as well. I am now on my third motor and trying to stop this from happening. Any help ot info would be a lot of help. Thanks

A lot of people suggested a programmer would cure the problem but it doesn't. Had a PCV with autotune and MAG piston still crapped out after 500km. Have put "The Fix" from MTNTK in for this season. Will see if that cures the problem. Going to get egt temp gauge too to see what's going on in that stupid motor. If that motor still craps out, I guess I'll burn it. JK.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Wiseco has a fix for those motors. They have longer pistons and a plate that goes on the bottom of the cylinders.

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Wiseco has a fix for those motors. They have longer pistons and a plate that goes on the bottom of the cylinders.
Kit from Pure Mountain Sports. My buddy has had his 10 Dragon just done. Pistons were scored bad on the skirts, exhaust side. One worse than the other but he was glad he did the kit. We both looked at the pistons and said they needed to be changed. Pretty good for 480 miles!!!!! He has SLP pipe etc and PCV with autotune. Has yet to ride it , other than his yard. Seems to run smoother though and feels more responsive. Shitty when a dealer won,t back their work or product. Even shittier when the manufacturer won,t either !!! Best of luck to all the Dragon owners. Really hope this PMS kit fixes the issue for my buddy.
The ''FIX'' Performance Motor Sports Ashton, ID (208) 652-7738

Top Bottom