2008 xp 154 help

farmboy020

Reaction score
hey guys fairly new to sledding been riding my xp for a while now and thought i really liked it until i rode a cat yesterday and i can move the cat around way nicer. the sled is virtually stock. wondering what you guys are doing to make them easier to throw around or i might just have to bite the bullet and buy a cat. it is harder for me because im relatively small. let me know what you guys are doing thanks

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys fairly new to sledding been riding my xp for a while now and thought i really liked it until i rode a cat yesterday and i can move the cat around way nicer. the sled is virtually stock. wondering what you guys are doing to make them easier to throw around or i might just have to bite the bullet and buy a cat. it is harder for me because im relatively small. let me know what you guys are doing thanks

2013 Cats:

Tie rod location moved forward 0.625” for tighter turning radius.
Spindle machined to allow clearance for the sharper turn.
The option of choosing multiple tie rod locations has been omitted.

Ski stance changed to a narrower 38” stance.
HCR 800 Remains 42”

Steering range is 17.5% wider at the same degree of handlebar
throw. Steering effort is increased but still less than the old M.

Track width still a proven 15" but Lug Height Changed 2.6”

All this equals to more manouverablity

Last edited:

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could put in a t-motion kit, maybe get new the skies from the 2012+ models.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year was that cat you tried out? There are lots of thing you can do to your xp pending what you like to spend on it. Also what is your type of riding style?

farmboy020

Reaction score
it was a 2009 cat really like the way it handled. I try to ride fairly aggressive you ain't riding if your not thanks for your help

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

The rear suspensions are absolute crap in the 08. Its the biggest dissapointment with that year of XP. It will atribute to a hard to move sled. Stiffen everything in it.....it just collapses when pushed. You can do an experiment with it by lifting the rear end and putting a log under the front torque arm area. The rear will collapse and the whole suspension will dissapear into the tunnel. The track is also a piece of junk.....

farmboy020

Reaction score
just in hooked my sway bar today got my shocks set at 3 now have been playing with them for a bit now

farmboy020

Reaction score
definitely noticed a difference to start with buy wont know for sure till I get back out to golden this weekend

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when ur sidehillin ur xp keep ur hangin foot up in the air stepin ahead,dont drag it behind ,,she'll just wash out on ya

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour. Dont buy anything until youve ridden the 2013 Summit XM. Then decide. Seriously.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did a demo ride on a 2013 xm and all i can say is wow! that thing is almost too easy to sidehill!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour. Dont buy anything until youve ridden the 2013 Summit XM. Then decide. Seriously.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Can't agree more. I stepped up from a 09 to a 13 and wicked improvement. If you wait till the spring I would imagine the 13's will hit the market as everyone is chomping at the bit, suspected improvements on the 14's and the keeping up with the Jones' types will off load a number of them.

My 09 feels like a tank compared to the 13, and the etek will put a smile on your face with the response.

my ride

Reaction score
I ride a 09 xp and did the disconnect and the two wheel kit, set frount shocks at 2 andtrack shock almost as tight as it goes and limitor strap as lose as it can be and block set on 2 and i can side hill with the best of them. Do the wrong foot foword and good luck to you

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was a 2009 cat really like the way it handled. I try to ride fairly aggressive you ain't riding if your not thanks for your help
My friend had an 09 Cat 163 and what a tank!!. I am a big guy and I was played out after an hour of fighting with it...he hoped on my old Rev and kept cat-walking it..he said too much power haha. A cheap try on your 08 is to put a set of fat boy rear springs to stand her up a little.

Last edited:

zeeberg7

Reaction score
narrow your ski stance, it makes it alot more "flickable" in my opinion. Also loosen your limiter strap right off and tighten the front spring up as much as possible. My 08 handled like a dream. I bought the spacer bracket from MOTs Machining that adjusts the angle of the rear scissor in the rear skid and helps with the sag issue, it seemed to help a bit.

Top Bottom