2004 Rev 800 fuel

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I use regular fuel in my sled or do I have to use premium fuel? Any input please Reg fuel $1.179 or prem fuel $1.349.:twocents::confused:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium only. Not worth a top end to cheap out. If u put regular in with octane boost it is leaning it out cause it takes the gas amount away

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly ran out of gas once and a guy with a cat gave me his jerry can and my 06 rev ran like a bag of chit on reg gas they dont like it!!!. drained it out when we got back to the house at the lake.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
Can I use regular fuel in my sled or do I have to use premium fuel? Any input please Reg fuel $1.179 or prem fuel $1.349.:twocents::confused:

You will detonate your sled. A higher Octane has a resistance to ignition. Burning Cooler allowing for higher horsepower sleds to burn at cooler temperatures with out pre-mature ignition. There is a great article underlying the fundamentals of octane and proper ignition in your cylinder at a correct rod angle. This is a formula that your sled is engineered around.

<<<<<

hope that helps,
Tanner

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go Hi test all the way. We get ours at Costco and save a few cents. I put purple farm gas in my old one and a top end later... I buy the proper fuel now

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Consider the cost difference. At .17 cents a litre difference that's about .70 cents a gallon. What does tour sled hold...about 6 to 8 gallons? Adds up to about $4 to $6 a tank more than low octane. Not much at all when you consider you're taking quite a risk running lower octane fuel. I always run the highest octane available in my 04 800. My vehicles don't even run decent on the low grade crap.

Last edited:

mil81

Reaction score
You can get the best of both worlds if you can find a place that sells marine fuel. High octane marked fuel at the price of regular!!! That's all I've ran in my rev and been doing it problem free for 6 years now

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My local gas station sells marked premium at the pump. It is always .02 cents cheaper than regular. Sleds, motorbikes, chainsaws, and lawnmowers all get it. Sometimes my truck gets a little slurp now and again as well :)

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool BC boys How much is marked premium these days? Do you have to have a number or anything to buy it? Here we have farm plates or an AFFDA number which allows us to buy off road fuel

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool BC boys How much is marked premium these days? Do you have to have a number or anything to buy it? Here we have farm plates or an AFFDA number which allows us to buy off road fuel
probly not but they will be the first to complain when they get ticketed. lol

mil81

Reaction score
No number required because it's made for boats. They aren't supposed to let you put it straight into your sled (have to fill a gerry can) but if you find the right station they'll let you. I just filled up for 1.19/l, but prices have dropps a few pennies since then

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The premium is crap these days, let alone regular. Many guys I ride with like to burn a little av and the life we get out of our motors is great. I will barely run regular in my quad.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marked gas in BC is meant for anything not driven on the paved roads. So the reason it is cheap is you are not paying the road tax. IT can LEGALLY be used in snowmobiles, boats, quads, chainsaws, lawnmowers, dirt bikes, etc.

Whoever posted on here that it is only for boats is wrong! I run it in every machine I have, why not it is cheaper than regular

You can run it in your vehicles but if you get dipped by the DOT you will be fined. Although when was the last time you had your gas truck dipped at a DOT check stop?

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Marked gas in BC is meant for anything not driven on the paved roads. So the reason it is cheap is you are not paying the road tax. IT can LEGALLY be used in snowmobiles, boats, quads, chainsaws, lawnmowers, dirt bikes, etc.

Whoever posted on here that it is only for boats is wrong! I run it in every machine I have, why not it is cheaper than regular

You can run it in your vehicles but if you get dipped by the DOT you will be fined. Although when was the last time you had your gas truck dipped at a DOT check stop?
Same as everyone I know with a tidy tank. I don't think most of there trucks have seen clear diesel since new!

Top Bottom