2 Sleds in a 7x14 Trailer?

ratpak

Reaction score
Does anyone have this set up? and does it work? Post some pics please.

I'm headed to the US next week to pick up a truck and I've found a few deals on trailers and thought of bringing one back. But I need to know if this'll work before I buy one.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the ski stance of your sleds? Multiply by 2 and divide by 12 and that will tell you how wide your trailer needs to be.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We fit my 162 and buddies 154 back to back as mentioned above but it was super tight, this is why I went 18.5 long, two is easy and 3 works even with gear and fuel and my wood stove up front

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as stated head to toe only way find the plastic gets scratched its tight sled decks only way to go i have 10 work trailers and still use a deck

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
We do it with a 7x16 but im not sure it would work with a 14 footer...sorry no pics, it wasnt a 'pic-worthy' ordeal but one backward, one forward, lots of space, but I dont think an extra 2' of space...

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 7x14 enclosed, they should fit. I've got shelving on the one side and front and still managed to get my mxz 800 and my buddy's xp in.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of room! I sell a 7 X 15 single axle that my customers use a nice light weight two sled hauler. It has 12' straight walls with a 3' v-nose. One forwards - one backwards and you have the 3' v-nose to store your gear. Have a safe trip!

Attachments

• 7 X 15 FTVSA35 #6.jpg
    7 X 15 FTVSA35 #6.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 880
  • 7 X 15 FTVSA35 #8.jpg
    7 X 15 FTVSA35 #8.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 743
  • 715DVNSA35 #1.jpg
    715DVNSA35 #1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 788

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned it will work. Last year I was using a 7x14 car hauler and had no issues with hauling two sleds. I actually could run both up fowards. Run the first one in and move it over as far as it will go, then the second as far as it will go on the other side and a couple feet back.

ratpak

Reaction score

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO do not go with a single axle if u blow a tire or wreck a bearing u are s!!t out of luck would not want to be stuck up Rodgers pass with no wheels tandem torsion axles only way to go if u lose a tire the axle stays high enough off the ground u can saftly limp it where u need to go

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO do not go with a single axle if u blow a tire or wreck a bearing u are s!!t out of luck would not want to be stuck up Rodgers pass with no wheels tandem torsion axles only way to go if u lose a tire the axle stays high enough off the ground u can saftly limp it where u need to go
X2. Allways tandem if your budget permits. I was following a single axle through golden last aug & he blew out a tire going downhill and i cant believe he kept it shinny side up, the trailer started whipping the truck around like it was a toy.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 7x 16 and 2 sleds with all gear is no trouble............ rat, I think firefly was sending you a suttle message. Those Legends are very nice trailers and I would look into that before you start messing with a US trailer and the border and all the BS. 020[1].jpg 018[1].jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the other thing is that if you are going to buy a trailer anyways why not just get a bigger trailer?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the other thing is that if you are going to buy a trailer anyways why not just get a bigger trailer?

I was considering something like mentioned above as well. biggest reason for me is no need for a 3/4 tonne or bigger. I get company vehicles V8 no problem but sometimes no hitch or even an SUV this way Im good to go. IMO anything over 19ft gets a bit heavey otherwise or your getting 4miles to the gallon in the pass lol

and the other big thing I was liking is I dont have to load my sled at 4am or 10pm just hook up and go oil tools all good to go!!!

How tall do these sit, I may even be able to get it in the garage

ratpak

Reaction score
Same here. I just want something small enough to pull with a half ton or SUV. I've thought of the triton sled trailers with a cap, but I'm not paying $5,000 for one of those, when I can get a "real" enclosed trailer that can be used for other things too.
I have a 12' open sled trailer with drive-off ramps, but I'm tired of cleaning road grime off my sled; even with a tarp...

Top Bottom