18 Cat

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Hook line and sinker, you are very easy to set off.

PS You started the topic of sleds having a ****ty resale value, I just pointed out something you didn't like.

And the problem with the internet is liberal/millennials with hairpin feelings lol.

More so loser's that just go on forums and spend their free time baiting people into stuff "hook line and sinker". Uneducated people don't set me off. Try contributing something to the sport or the forum for a change. stop wasting your time acting like a 5 year old trying to piss people off and posting "I HEARD" crap all over the internet. This is why people stop coming on forums... Too hard to filter through all the preschool garbage to get any information.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
the published program states.....with 4 year warranty or 0% financing for 60 months or 2 year warranty/$700 Cat cash

I think based on a new engine design...even though it is getting awesome reviews, I would be leaning towards the 4 year warranty....but that's just my small opinion

Apparently its the same as BRP.. The financing drops you to factory warranty. I dont think I have EVER had anyone choose the finance option over the warranty. Most dealerships can get you in around the 5% mark anyways.. Plus there is a sign up fee for that they dont tell you about until you are almost finished lol... Everything adds up to tip the scales towards the warranty option. I saw the cat in person at the boat show, they did a good job. Im pumped at what its going to do to the big brands. The BEST thing that can happen to sledding is to have one brand come out with a wicked machine... Makes the other guys try and push the bar harder and faster!

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty sick prices! I bet the guys trying to trade up for an 18 are in love with this... That would put a trade in value on a used 16 at what? 6 grand? I cant see someone wanting to pay more than $7000 if they can get a new one for $9100. Same thing when the XM 174's were selling for $10,000 ish...
Hey now, I was smart and took that advantage

Unfortunately that makes my 14 xmx worthless, but I'm not selling it so it's ok for me

sent while drinking tea's

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Hey now, I was smart and took that advantage

Unfortunately that makes my 14 xmx worthless, but I'm not selling it so it's ok for me

sent while drinking tea's

Smart man! And if your buying a sled to keep for a long time.. why wouldn't you go non current same chassis...in most cases the changes are minimal.. it's a win win. 14's were awesome sleds. I was just commenting on what it does for resale and trade in values! It's all champagne taste for a beer price when the prices drop like that but when it comes time to get a new one... you feel it!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More so loser's that just go on forums and spend their free time baiting people into stuff "hook line and sinker". Uneducated people don't set me off. Try contributing something to the sport or the forum for a change. stop wasting your time acting like a 5 year old trying to piss people off and posting "I HEARD" crap all over the internet. This is why people stop coming on forums... Too hard to filter through all the preschool garbage to get any information.

Hmmm and by loser you would mean me? The guy that bought his last sled from you. I am sure there are a few more of us losers on this forum.

I was going to buy a 2017 G4 through you but I decide to wait for the first year bugs skidoo is famous for to get worked out. Lucky uneducated me.

And if you mean educated in terms of used sled prices a guy in my riding group bought a 2017 g4 from martins and went to snowcheck a 18 from martins and was offered $9500 for it.........

And if you mean educated in terms of education I don't think you wanna challenge me there either, I have my GED.

And now for my contribution: The 2017 skidoo summit is a lemon, you are not going to get a good trade in value or Kijiji resale value. The 2018 might be better, the 2019 will be good.

Go sell a boat.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at the new Cat at the Boat and Sportsman Show

I will try one this fall, and I don't even sled

What could go wrong Mike ########

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do... Some of the fine print stuff I figured I could pick up on here without getting sass... lol.
Kind of hard for me to go wander into a cat dealer and find out. I ASSUME it dropped back to whatever the factory warranty is.. 1 year I thought... 4 year OR 0%... Or cat cash AND a two year. But the zero percent didn't mention warranty. Ill figure it out sorry for asking lol
da4b67a58397740e21116f55461e15d7.jpg

Look at me helping.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2017 G4 unfortunately is going to carry the same "stigma" of the 2012 Cat M8000......while both models have a lot of "good and trouble free" sleds, the problems that occurred on more than a few G4's will affect future buyers/sellers just like the 2012 M8000 suffered.

Cracked bulkheads, hot clutches, belt blowers, coolant losing is a tough act to follow (even though many had none of these issues)......and now, if you start adding warped clutch plates and/or crank issues.....holy fawk.....these will not only be hard to sell, they will become boat anchors......

I sure hope the dealers are pressuring BRP to step up not only by saying the problems are magically fixed on the 18 G4's (while yet on the 17's they say...what problems?)....the dealers need to pressure BRP to bite the bullet and take care of their existing clients.

or, BTW, :D you can snow check a 162 Mountain Cat with 4 year warranty for ~$14,700 before taxes.....great price!! (a bit more for ES)
You seem very educated ;)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had seen the same thing when we were out with the new cat, very hard on fuel, even with a two gallon tank, first to run out

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many miles were ridden on it, it's likely ridden way more than other sleds in the group since everyone want to test it out...this is just a theory

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, we were with him all week and it just was the first guy to run out every day, and we all ride fairly even I had thought.. He was first to bring up the getting empty card each day..

Driove it a few times over the week, it had good Tq but track footprint was a joke in the chest deep snow and steering felt awkward and heavy, but then I am use to doo steering.. Watching him it was more of leg steering than bar.. Very flick able

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, we were with him all week and it just was the first guy to run out every day, and we all ride fairly even I had thought.. He was first to bring up the getting empty card each day..

Driove it a few times over the week, it had good Tq but track footprint was a joke in the chest deep snow and steering felt awkward and heavy, but then I am use to doo steering.. Watching him it was more of leg steering than bar.. Very flick able
How many KM? And if Dan was driving I understand lol.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How much air was in the center shock?

Funny the sidewinder has featherlight steering and a few extra pounds upfront.

Top Bottom