18 Cat

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Those are some pretty sick prices! I bet the guys trying to trade up for an 18 are in love with this... That would put a trade in value on a used 16 at what? 6 grand? I cant see someone wanting to pay more than $7000 if they can get a new one for $9100. Same thing when the XM 174's were selling for $10,000 ish...

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Its exceiting this things working so well... Imagine what the selds are going to do now? Instead of just two brands going head to head.... Nothing against cat but they didnt really have a bulls-eye on their backs for the last few years. Things are going to get pretty impressive. I havent read anything about it yet but Im just going to assume everyone is pretty impressed with the oil/fuel consumption?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those are some pretty sick prices! I bet the guys trying to trade up for an 18 are in love with this... That would put a trade in value on a used 16 at what? 6 grand? I cant see someone wanting to pay more than $7000 if they can get a new one for $9100. Same thing when the XM 174's were selling for $10,000 ish...
Heard you can only get $9k on trade for a 17 G4?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard you can only get $9k on trade for a 17 G4?

The 2017 G4 unfortunately is going to carry the same "stigma" of the 2012 Cat M8000......while both models have a lot of "good and trouble free" sleds, the problems that occurred on more than a few G4's will affect future buyers/sellers just like the 2012 M8000 suffered.

Cracked bulkheads, hot clutches, belt blowers, coolant losing is a tough act to follow (even though many had none of these issues)......and now, if you start adding warped clutch plates and/or crank issues.....holy fawk.....these will not only be hard to sell, they will become boat anchors......

I sure hope the dealers are pressuring BRP to step up not only by saying the problems are magically fixed on the 18 G4's (while yet on the 17's they say...what problems?)....the dealers need to pressure BRP to bite the bullet and take care of their existing clients.

or, BTW, :D you can snow check a 162 Mountain Cat with 4 year warranty for ~$14,700 before taxes.....great price!! (a bit more for ES)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Troll away man...Biggest problem with the internet now days... Trolls like you, and everyones lazy... Nobody deals for themselves anymore and can't get out of the computer chair and go in and talk face to face and make a deal of their own....just makes assumptions off of "I heard" lol. I wouldn't take a G4 on trade right now... Im not sure why ANYONE would want a trade in value on a sled in the beginning of spring... I cant think of too many dealerships that are going to pay alot for something they are going to sit on for a long time. What are people trading G4's in on right now? Another 17 G4? There is no sleds to trade it on yet... So unless some dealer is going to buy it from you? Of course you are going to get a low #. Same with the cat trade values... HUGE bonus if you are looking to buy new non current... Not so much if you are looking to trade or sell.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The 2017 G4 unfortunately is going to carry the same "stigma" of the 2012 Cat M8000......while both models have a lot of "good and trouble free" sleds, the problems that occurred on more than a few G4's will affect future buyers/sellers just like the 2012 M8000 suffered.

Cracked bulkheads, hot clutches, belt blowers, coolant losing is a tough act to follow (even though many had none of these issues)......and now, if you start adding warped clutch plates and/or crank issues.....holy fawk.....these will not only be hard to sell, they will become boat anchors......

I sure hope the dealers are pressuring BRP to step up not only by saying the problems are magically fixed on the 18 G4's (while yet on the 17's they say...what problems?)....the dealers need to pressure BRP to bite the bullet and take care of their existing clients.

or, BTW, :D you can snow check a 162 Mountain Cat with 4 year warranty for ~$14,700 before taxes.....great price!! (a bit more for ES)

With freight and PDI? Good prices

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Troll away man...Biggest problem with the internet now days... Trolls like you, and everyones lazy... Nobody deals for themselves anymore and can't get out of the computer chair and go in and talk face to face and make a deal of their own....just makes assumptions off of "I heard" lol. I wouldn't take a G4 on trade right now... Im not sure why ANYONE would want a trade in value on a sled in the beginning of spring... I cant think of too many dealerships that are going to pay alot for something they are going to sit on for a long time. What are people trading G4's in on right now? Another 17 G4? There is no sleds to trade it on yet... So unless some dealer is going to buy it from you? Of course you are going to get a low #. Same with the cat trade values... HUGE bonus if you are looking to buy new non current... Not so much if you are looking to trade or sell.

Not sure if your calling me a troll or your comments were directed at someone else....your post is directly after mine.....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
$15,400 ish out the door. Thats pretty good! What are the snow check options? Is the 4 year an option or is that just what it comes with?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$15,400 ish out the door. Thats pretty good! What are the snow check options? Is the 4 year an option or is that just what it comes with?

the published program states.....with 4 year warranty or 0% financing for 60 months or 2 year warranty/$700 Cat cash

I think based on a new engine design...even though it is getting awesome reviews, I would be leaning towards the 4 year warranty....but that's just my small opinion

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
the published program states.....with 4 year warranty or 0% financing for 60 months or 2 year warranty/$700 Cat cash

So what happens if you pick the 0%? 1 year or 6 months warranty?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
geez, I don't know....shouldn't you know your what your competitor offers????.....lol

I am assuming you get 2 years if you pick the 0% but I did not ask....

I do... Some of the fine print stuff I figured I could pick up on here without getting sass... lol.
Kind of hard for me to go wander into a cat dealer and find out. I ASSUME it dropped back to whatever the factory warranty is.. 1 year I thought... 4 year OR 0%... Or cat cash AND a two year. But the zero percent didn't mention warranty. Ill figure it out sorry for asking lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Who's the troll? A skee dew salesman has the most posts in a Cat thread.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

And you post more in the ski-doo threads than me... And yamaha and polaris and suzuki and honda and kawasaki......
Whats your point?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
And you post more in the ski-doo threads than me... And yamaha and polaris and suzuki and honda and kawasaki......
Whats your point?
No point.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom