15 hours 30 mins not smoking

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I smoked for about 10 years i started late im 31 i quit for a month last year. I was smoking about 30 a day even on saturday. Put the patch on and chew like 15 bits of chewing gum a day and im doing ok. Im doing it on my own its hard because my wife smokes.

Even when I quit the wife still smoked.... I would still go outside with her, just popped a pill before going out...

I know my words are pretty empty considering I'm back on the smokes part time but I did manage 2 months and beginnig probably next week I will be back on the pills full time.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I'm doing good thank you have not had one today

Good on you John. I quit for 3.5 years then started with cigars which got be back to smokes. Decided earlier today that I am not buying another pack so tomorrow is my weedless Tuesday and time to stop for good. I'll be there with you and yes it can be kicked. It gets easier after 3 days then 7 days, but you just gotta stay at it and say to yourself that you are a non smoker.

I'll talk to you in a week when we're both past the first hurdle. It only gets easier from there on. :beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Good on you John. I quit for 3.5 years then started with cigars which got be back to smokes. Decided earlier today that I am not buying another pack so tomorrow is my weedless Tuesday and time to stop for good. I'll be there with you and yes it can be kicked. It gets easier after 3 days then 7 days, but you just gotta stay at it and say to yourself that you are a non smoker.

I'll talk to you in a week when we're both past the first hurdle. It only gets easier from there on. :beer:

I'm in...... Will post tomorow to update...

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im a non smoker lol hopefully. Good on you let me know how you get on:beer:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smoked for about 10 years i started late im 31 i quit for a month last year. I was smoking about 30 a day even on saturday. Put the patch on and chew like 15 bits of chewing gum a day and im doing ok. Im doing it on my own its hard because my wife smokes.

Congrats!! I smoked for 15 years before I quit in 2003!! found out that the new street bike I wanted, payments and insurance cost the same as my smokes were costing me every month. Made my decision alot easier.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats John s and welcome to your new life and you too bogger

i started smoking when i was 13 (now 47) i promised my dad before he passed that i would quit and am now 15 months smoke free hardest thing to do by far but worth the effort it will be harder if your spouse smokes but dont give in or give up if your ready you will quit good luck and watch out for twizzlers o fat but tons o calories my new mission have lost 8.5 lbs of the 30 i put on
:beer::beer::beer::beer:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good on ya guys for quiting
thats one thing i can thank my dad for i wanted to smoke when i was 11 he gave his freshly packed pipe told me to smoke that
havent touched a thing since

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
smart dad!!! I bet you were feeling pretty green after that. Good for you for not touching it again.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried it all, patch,gum,cold turkey. This is what worked for me. I smoked a pack a day so I started cutting down 3/4 then 1/2 a pack and so on, if you tell your self I will have a smoke in 2 hours then 3 hours it's easier. Then just keep spacing them out. I got down to 1 a day then to top it off the company I worked for said they would pay for hyponsis, so I have not smoked since... 9 years now. For me wheening them down was the ticket, cause it was at my own pace. Congrates to all of you! Step one done, U can and will succed. :beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is great for you to quit and stick to it.......

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be 7 months smoke free on the 1st. I smoked at least a pack a day, every day, but get a few drinks into me, and that doubled at least. I started 25 years ago, so I have had a lot of practice. I used the patch to help out, but what really worked for me (I know it's going to sound stupid, but try it) was wearing an elastic band around my wrist. Every time I got a craving, I would take a deep breath and snap the elastic. Took the craving away instantly. I also chewed a pack of pink Extra every day for a couple of months. I also look at my daughters and try to think of the their future without me because I was a selfish bastard and ended up dying of cancer. Chilling, but effective. Whatever you try, whatever works or doesn`t work, I wish you the greatest success, because it really is rewarding being a non smoker, you`re going to enjoy the freedom.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just recently quit myself, the hardest part of quittin for me is, as soon as i get into my truck i always lit one, an i drive my truck every day...or coffee breaks at work, i cant stop for break it'll drive me nuts, so used to being in the smoke pit
im ok though ( i need one now):rant:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just recently quit myself, the hardest part of quittin for me is, as soon as i get into my truck i always lit one, an i drive my truck every day...or coffee breaks at work, i cant stop for break it'll drive me nuts, so used to being in the smoke pit
im ok though ( i need one now):rant:

Im the same driving is hard i drive two hours a day its hard but im getting there.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you! I chew a pack of nicorette a day (4mg) during the week but when the wknd comes along with the beers the smoking starts again:mad:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Day 1 for me. Quit cold turkey!!! This sux.....LOL

How are you holding up John ???

Top Bottom