15 hours 30 mins not smoking

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well started to stop smoking today going ok got a patch on im going to do it.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tip my hat to ya man! Keep it going....I quit for 9 months and started again like an idiot...guess I never had my mind totally made up. Stupid dumb expensive habit....gonna quit one day soon again!

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I quit smoking with the patch about 8 years ago. Best dreams ever, but I think your supposed to take it off at night.

Get past the first 3 days and your on your way. Then get through the next 3 years and you might have it licked.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck. I quit Dec of '94 cold turkey. Decided I like sledding in the mountains more.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You can totally do it! :wtg: It's been three years and four months for me. Don't be discouraged if it does not happen the first time either. I started again after quitting the first time for six months. :(
You will appreciate having the extra coin to do things and having the lung capacity to do some of those things too! :)

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bf smokes and i absolutely HATE it.... it is a dirty, stinky habit..... everyone will appreciate it if you can do it!! (including your bank account ) BEST OF LUCK!!!!:cheering:

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Awesome to hear. I have to say that I never have smoked, so I can't say how hard or easy, I assume harder than easier to do.

We lost my dad to it, he went blind, paralysed and the cancer actually ate his eyeballs. They were like rough craters that didn't fit in the eye cavities.

It did other horrible things too, but this is what sticks out the most when I think about him, as this is how we last saw him.
7 years later and image is still there and I know it is a horrid description,
but if it can help prevent your family from going through what Magnet, I and the kids did, it's worth it.

Good luck, nightmares do happen with the patch, but lessen for alot of people overtime.

There are also other ways too, if patch doesn't do it for ya.
Most importantly, you are wanting to do it. Good luck !!!!!!!
May I suggest changing some of your regular habits you would do while having a smoke ? This alone helped many of our patients to succeed.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm doing good thank you have not had one today

How long did you smoke before you quit? How much did you smoke? Were you a coffee drinker? Im setting up for the quit , very soon. Completely terrified!! Are you quiting with someone else?

Congrats, keep up the hard work!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I had gone an honest 2 months until the S&M camp-out. I had a couple over the weekend while drinking, ect..ect..ect...

I'm not back to full time smoking only a couple in the evening and and on weekends, I don't smoke in my car or durring the day anymore but it is as Sledderdoc said a slippery slope and I need to get back to not smoking 100% of the time.

The nicorette lozenges work awesome for cravings. they literally made it easy for me to quit for those 2 months after smoking 1.5 to 2 packs a day for over 20 years. and eventually you stop taking the pills without even really noticing. I easily go the day without a smoke or even a pill now, it's just the habbit part I have to work on....Unfortunately I like to smoke but that in itself is a stupid statement. and considering how easy it is to replace any given cigarette with a pill Iadmit I'm an idiot....I had 63 days in before I slipped.

Attachments

• nicortette.jpg
    nicortette.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 125

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long did you smoke before you quit? How much did you smoke? Were you a coffee drinker? Im setting up for the quit , very soon. Completely terrified!! Are you quiting with someone else?

Congrats, keep up the hard work!!

I smoked for about 10 years i started late im 31 i quit for a month last year. I was smoking about 30 a day even on saturday. Put the patch on and chew like 15 bits of chewing gum a day and im doing ok. Im doing it on my own its hard because my wife smokes.

Top Bottom