08 Tnytro bogging out

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I was riding and halfway up the trail i noticed my nytro would start bogging once I started building boost. I thought it might just be a elevation thing so I continued to ride it and when I got to the alpine It was still bogging out. It runs fine until the needle gets above 0psi boost then it starts bogging out and no power. I checked for exhaust leaks or boost leaks and found nothing. Then the weird thing is just before we were going to head down for the day It started running fine and I pulled a couple hills and it was running flawless then out of no where it was doing it all over again. It has a purelogic fuel controller so maybe something's wrong with it? I've never touched the fuel controller and it was running perfectly for the past two days.

Any input?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a attitude controller on my Tapex and we had ridden all day in deep powder all of a sudden as I would build boost I would get a lean pop so I changed plugs thinking maybe a bad plug. Still the same. On Thursday I replaced it with a pure logic and now it works flawless again. The controller do get wet and act intermittant. If you have access to a new or used one , I would try it.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a attitude controller on my Tapex and we had ridden all day in deep powder all of a sudden as I would build boost I would get a lean pop so I changed plugs thinking maybe a bad plug. Still the same. On Thursday I replaced it with a pure logic and now it works flawless again. The controller do get wet and act intermittant. If you have access to a new or used one , I would try it.

Thanks. Maybe ill just let it dry out in the garage for a couple of days and see if it still does it.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today I was riding and halfway up the trail i noticed my nytro would start bogging once I started building boost. I thought it might just be a elevation thing so I continued to ride it and when I got to the alpine It was still bogging out. It runs fine until the needle gets above 0psi boost then it starts bogging out and no power. I checked for exhaust leaks or boost leaks and found nothing. Then the weird thing is just before we were going to head down for the day It started running fine and I pulled a couple hills and it was running flawless then out of no where it was doing it all over again. It has a purelogic fuel controller so maybe something's wrong with it? I've never touched the fuel controller and it was running perfectly for the past two days.

Any input?
had a simular thing hapen to my s/c apex and code 84 would come up and the sled would lose power and almost shut down . This would happen on the trail a few times and then it cleared up once I got into the deeper snow.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score

Any input?
Make sure the small line from the Pure logic controller to the intercooler is not pinched or obstructed. If the controller does not sense boost then it will not add fuel. This line can also get plugged so look at it close.
Do you know what fuel regulator and injectors you have? Some of the regulators would take on water and then rust the spring inside so the fuel pressure would drop. If it starts and idles fine then that may not be it. If it is really lean at idle then check fuel pressure.

It sounds like fuel is not being added when boost comes on so the fuel controller or regulator is what I am guessing.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure the small line from the Pure logic controller to the intercooler is not pinched or obstructed. If the controller does not sense boost then it will not add fuel. This line can also get plugged so look at it close.
Do you know what fuel regulator and injectors you have? Some of the regulators would take on water and then rust the spring inside so the fuel pressure would drop. If it starts and idles fine then that may not be it. If it is really lean at idle then check fuel pressure.

It sounds like fuel is not being added when boost comes on so the fuel controller or regulator is what I am guessing.

It starts and idles fine. I just took it for a rip around the yard and I had it WOT a couple of times. I was pulling full boost at first and was running fine then it bogged down just like it was doing yesterday. It's in the garage now so I'll go take a look at the wires. Is it possible that maybe I hit a bump or something and the controller lost its programming or got reset or something? Or the settings changed slightly?

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing I should mention is yesterday when I had it full throttle it would say I'm getting 10psi boost but it was bogging and not going fast at all. I just thought that was weird.

Sent from a iPhone

NM

Reaction score
Another thing I should mention is yesterday when I had it full throttle it would say I'm getting 10psi boost but it was bogging and not going fast at all. I just thought that was weird.

Sent from a iPhone
They can't make boost without a good fuel supply. If you keep running it wide open when lean you will eventually hurt the motor.

I would run a fuel pressure gauge on it and put it up where you can see it while your riding.

Do the lights on the fuel controller change color when boost comes on?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't make boost without a good fuel supply. If you keep running it wide open when lean you will eventually hurt the motor.

I would run a fuel pressure gauge on it and put it up where you can see it while your riding.

Do the lights on the fuel controller change color when boost comes on?

Yes the lights do change color.

Thanks for your help by the way

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is the header cracked that what happened to my t nitro did the same thing

I checked and didn't find anything that looked cracked.

And if it was cracked I couldn't see how it could go back to running normal after bogging out all day. If it was cracked wouldn't it constantly be bogging and not clearing up at all?

Sent from a iPhone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And if it was cracked I couldn't see how it could go back to running normal after bogging out all day. If it was cracked wouldn't it constantly be bogging and not clearing up at all?

Sent from a iPhone

You would think so eh?

Sent from my mobile telephone

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride in alot of powder the fuel controllers do get wet. I did try to dry my attitude controller out with no luck but mine would lean pop not just bog out. I purchased a used controller and it totally fixed it no more problems I rode 320miles last weekend and it worked flawless. It does sound like you are running out of fuel.

NM

Reaction score

Sent from a iPhone
It could be a broken header. I know it is hard to see on the Alpine kits but they normally break around the collector right at the top of the header.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to put a Boost-it set up on.....lol.....then no problems! I have a NFG pure logic box right now and Im wanting a Boost-it box......but my bank seems to be closed lol

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to put a Boost-it set up on.....lol.....then no problems! I have a NFG pure logic box right now and Im wanting a Boost-it box......but my bank seems to be closed lol

I know, I really want the boost it set up but it wouldn't make sense to spend all that money because I maybe only have 2-3 more trips left for this year then I'm selling the sled. I would Forsure get boost it if I was keeping it for longer though.

Sent from a iPhone

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive seen alot of issues with headers over the last couple years. Im not sure what turbo your using but if its a rear mount the bellows and the clamps where the donuts are the prime spots for failure. My experience with exaust leaks is always a reduced boost at wide open throttle which slowly degrades as the leak gets worse. It can seem better down below because of the air density and lack of abiltiy to use wide open throttle on trail. Yours almost seems like a blown off charge tube which can also be a really bad exhaust leak.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called dean at alpine and he said it was definitely the fuel controller and he just had another nytro do the exact same thing. Ordered a new one in hopefully it works thanks everybody

Sent from a iPhone

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same with the MCX setup. at 10lbs starts to bog and sputter. Fuel Pump seems to be a bit louder when at an Idle from what i remember, going to check FP and pull regulator apart, if not maybe need new controller too

Top Bottom