06 rmk 151"

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was curious on what you guys think and have to say about an 06 RMK 900 with about 1000kms..What are some pros and cons on this sled?
What should a sled like this one sell for.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should send a search out on Snowest, you will find a lot more about them.

The 06 was much better than the 05, if it hasn't had problems yet and has the updates it might be fine, otherwise known problems are just to name a few: motor mounts, cranks, pistons, TPS, clutch alignment, the list goes on....

H2O

Reaction score
If you know how to set them up they will work well.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my 05 900 151. zero problems and last belt last over 1300 miles well untill it got flat spoted from the e-brake lol. yes when set up the 900 they work very well. the only reason Im selling mine is to build a mod sled (would love a turbo or even nos lol) dont listen to anyone say these sleds are bad. ask the guys with the 800 last year how they liked getting towed back to the truck lol. every sled has their ups and downs but with a few tweeks the 900 RMK is great. a fair price would be what some one is willing to pay for it. I have seen them going for high 6 to low 7000 at the dealerships but private for a clean shape 900 (with proper add ons that make the sled work )should be around 4500-5500. with out slp add ons and updates not done, you couldnt give me one lol well maybe for $1000 lol. just my 2 cent!!! someone should build a 1050 plus big bore for this engine and make over 200 hp!

S

sldgy

I love my 05 900 151. zero problems and last belt last over 1300 miles well untill it got flat spoted from the e-brake lol. yes when set up the 900 they work very well. the only reason Im selling mine is to build a mod sled (would love a turbo or even nos lol) dont listen to anyone say these sleds are bad. ask the guys with the 800 last year how they liked getting towed back to the truck lol. every sled has their ups and downs but with a few tweeks the 900 RMK is great. a fair price would be what some one is willing to pay for it. I have seen them going for high 6 to low 7000 at the dealerships but private for a clean shape 900 (with proper add ons that make the sled work )should be around 4500-5500. with out slp add ons and updates not done, you couldnt give me one lol well maybe for $1000 lol. just my 2 cent!!! someone should build a 1050 plus big bore for this engine and make over 200 hp!

being on of the guys mentioned above again I say, I sure miss my 900

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my 05.... now.
Even with it's weight I think it's much easier to throw this sled around then the 02 800 Edge I had before this. I've got just over 4000 miles on mine.
The biggest problem I've had is some days it wants to foul the plugs. It's not happening all the time so I'm not complaining much.
Don't trust the digital gas gauge. It drops like a rock when there's actually more gas than you think. I run about the same mileage as an 800 rev on a tank. If the one you're looking at is bone stock, plan on spending money on skis (grippers), spindles (from an 08), upgrade track shock (220lb), a gas cap with gauge (from an 08 or newer), exhaust can (stock one is heavy), aftermarket air intake (stock is plastic, heavy and supposed to double as the belt guard (?), add some venting and I would recommend an aftermarket bumper (like Skinz). The skis and spindles are necessary more for the trail. My arms were sore getting this sled through the corners with the stock skis and spindles.
With the reputation these sleds have aquired (kinda like the RT1000) the resale is not good. I've seen them as low as $4k obo and as high as $7300 (sorry, that won't happen) recently.

I'll ride mine into the ground considering the mileage and the reputation. I don't have the time or energy to convince someone what I think it's worth.

Another season has started and just like a lot of other sleds, we'll see what happens and deal with it.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an '06 900 159 and I couldn't be happier with it. I will admit though, that I've done a fairly extensive list of mods which includes : Holz rear suspension and front spindles, Sly Dog skis, Boss seat, Walker Evans front shocks, SLP pipe and reflash, SLP airbox, V-Force 3 reeds, Diamond S mesh hood, and clutching and gearing changes. All in all, I dropped over 50 lbs. off the sled and combined with the extra power it has from the SLP mods, it absolutely rips. I rode it four full winters and 3500 miles and never had one engine issue. I'm currently overhauling the engine because of the mileage (just want to be safe). I have had a couple minor electrical issues, but other than that, it's been great. I must add something and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but if you're looking at buying one of these sleds, I hope you have reasonable mechanical abilities. I've been a licensed mechanic for 28 years, but what I call "minor electrical problems" may not be minor to some people. Some of these sleds were prone to electrical issues (and other "minor" issues), but if you're not comfortable doing most of the work yourself, the costs can quickly pile up.

Top Bottom