New vs old

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%. my 2015 gmc is full of rock chips and inside of doors is already rusting. I wash it constantly too. I washed it 3 times last week and every time I wash it I find more chips and more rust. The new paint is garbage

Guy at work has a new Chevy he had it for a month or two and was washing it. It was full of chips. I thought he bought a used truck but didn’t even have his first oil change yet. If it hits 200k it’s will be back to bare metal

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to make me puke to say this out loud but I bought a Tacoma this year. And….. I like it lol. Very nice little truck to drive, good power, comfortable and rides pretty good compared to the old dodge lol. See how it is pulling my boat around.

Tacoma's are cool with about 50g in mods. Guy with your skill, could probably fab some of this stuff.

Long_Travel_Black_Toyota_Tacoma_Desert3_8e95ad78-36e5-40a2-beda-b100105b8e43_1400x.jpg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went backwards somewhat. Ordered a 21 Ram 3500 back in May 2021 to replace my 2016 with 250k on it. Delay after delay and remove this package, add that package and it turned into a 22. In that time I sold my company and changed my role and use case for a truck. Instead of hauling skid steers and directional drills around, my only use for a truck is hauling sleds to the mountains now. So June 2022 I came across a 2011 Cummins Longhorn with an 8ft box, and built to last. Had 325k on the clock, but more or less solid. No rust, linex on the rockers, fenders inside and out, and bumpers from day 1. Immaculate inside. Head studs, nice turbo, brand new built transmission, solid bumpers. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Sold my 2016 SLT for 36, picked this Longhorn up for 35. Really happy with it minus being an automatic. So a step backwards, and up in trim. Was going to pay like 110 out the door on the Limited I ordered, which finally got to the dealer in August 2022. Really happy with that extra 75k in my pocket. I've put maybe 7 into this truck making it mine with a 60 gallon fuel tank, modern entertainment system, and some good lights and tires for the winter highways.

I don't regret it one bit.

20221022_104847.jpg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my mind it takes a lot of money in repairs to justify a new 100k plus diesel pickup. Especially if you’re handy and do a lot of your maintenance.

I bought my 2015 limited Cummins new for 65k. Plan on running it a long time. 120k on the clock.

I thought a guy buys a diesel to run it to 400-500k. People get to caught up in having the latest and greatest.

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely nothing unfortunately. i have a few trucks sitting in said lots. The only reason we are keeping the orders is because the units have secured pricing from the order. from 2022-2023 models the price increased and it will again for 2024 orders. By the time those units arrive we will be paying 10k+- less than if we were to order the same thing. Dealers will have those units sold 10x over if someone backs out of them. We have all of our 2023 models already before we received most of our 2022 models and GMC is no hurry as they have already been written off in their books. They will get to them when they get to them essentially.

Thanks for that info, I was hoping to get into something newer in a year or 2 deeply discounted similar with Arctic cats new non current model lol

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my mind it takes a lot of money in repairs to justify a new 100k plus diesel pickup. Especially if you’re handy and do a lot of your maintenance.

I bought my 2015 limited Cummins new for 65k. Plan on running it a long time. 120k on the clock.

I thought a guy buys a diesel to run it to 400-500k. People get to caught up in having the latest and greatest.
emissions have changed the game, the crazy cost of repairs on diesels that are caused by crappy emissions systems lower life span by 50% since 2008. Its getting better every year as far as reliability but the more ch!t they add the more problems.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
emissions have changed the game, the crazy cost of repairs on diesels that are caused by crappy emissions systems lower life span by 50% since 2008. Its getting better every year as far as reliability but the more ch!t they add the more problems.
True they are more complex but I don’t think catastrophic failures are common. My 07.5 6.7 Cummins had 320k and all I did was a head gasket at 300k and a turbo. It was stock until 250k then I deleted.

Guy I work with has 450k on his service truck not deleted. It’s been fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom