06/07 GM Duramax vs 07/08 Dodge Cummins - which one if you wanted to

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a Ford guy for over 20 years and before that GM. Just sold my 2011 F250 with 6.2 and never had one problem with it in 980000 kms.I wanted to try a new Duramax so ordered a 2012 hd 3500 and so far the only complaint i have is no inside room compared to the other.
Now just before my order came in i offered a fellow 30000 for 2007 classic crewcab long box loaded with only 68000 on it. Never in the oil patch and had lots of extras and never chipped.He was going to take the deal but decided to wait another year.
Will wait as he never uses it and sits in heated shop. I will end up with it just takes time.
I looked all over the states for the same truck and found one that was priced at 32000 with afew more kms. These trucks are very hard to find with low kms and in great shape.People are hanging onto these for a long time.
One other thing i have noticed is that the Duramax seems to hold its value better than than the other two .
Anyway as far as the 2012 it is getting between 13.5 and 14.3 kms per hundred with 800lbs in the back and driving 118 to 120. This isn't that bad for a new truck. We will see this winter when it gets cold what the urea is like but they say they have that problem fixed.
If not i will be getting rid of it no matter what the warranty is or isn't.
Dont think you could go wrong with either but i have never been a fargo fan but the new ones are looking good.
Good luck in your hunt and i did find a few short boxs in the 2007 classic but i didn't want one.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, way to overeact bud. No one is saying your truck is junk..... Yikes. Market value comes into play here too, and extra's...... I personally won't much more for them. You can say what you like but I never get anything worth worrying about more when I sell for for "extra's". Condition and cleanliness. And yes if it's clean, and well taken care of with documentation in the private market you will be above the rest.

The problem with asking too much is it can deter people as they know you won't move on it anyways..... And I wouldn't doubt just probably get all pi$$ed off and insulted.

But hey, like I originally said, ask whatever you want, lol.

You have never sold anything on Kijiji !! You price it $35000.00 and the a$$ clown offers pour in at $22000.00

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have never sold anything on Kijiji !! You price it $35000.00 and the a$$ clown offers pour in at $22000.00

I have probably sold more things on Kijiji than most of the members on this board......... I buy and sell a lot. I currently have 7 ads on there right now if you really want to know. All four vehicles I own were advertised and subsequently purchased from a Kijiji ad.....

About the only things I don't have from Kijiji are things I purchase new, obviously like my quad, my trailers, etc.

Yes you get lots of retard offers and you learn to ignore them! Or you have fun with them, then they get angry at you and try and threaten your life. I always give them my name, my phone number, my current location....... and the internet tough guys never show up. The best ones for that are the replies I get written in ALL CAPS WITH EFERY SACAND WERD SPELT RONG! Lol.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think now I am just going to hold out for a NBS, a 2011 would be nice but the 09/10's are in my current price range. Plus I don't want the urea.

Unless I find a super clean 06/07 that has lower mileage. I am glad I didn't jump on the 06 deal off the bat.

Thanks for all your input.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been a Ford guy for over 20 years and before that GM. Just sold my 2011 F250 with 6.2 and never had one problem with it in 980000 kms.I wanted to try a new Duramax so ordered a 2012 hd 3500 and so far the only complaint i have is no inside room compared to the other.
Now just before my order came in i offered a fellow 30000 for 2007 classic crewcab long box loaded with only 68000 on it. Never in the oil patch and had lots of extras and never chipped.He was going to take the deal but decided to wait another year.
Will wait as he never uses it and sits in heated shop. I will end up with it just takes time.
I looked all over the states for the same truck and found one that was priced at 32000 with afew more kms. These trucks are very hard to find with low kms and in great shape.People are hanging onto these for a long time.
One other thing i have noticed is that the Duramax seems to hold its value better than than the other two .
Anyway as far as the 2012 it is getting between 13.5 and 14.3 kms per hundred with 800lbs in the back and driving 118 to 120. This isn't that bad for a new truck. We will see this winter when it gets cold what the urea is like but they say they have that problem fixed.
If not i will be getting rid of it no matter what the warranty is or isn't.
Dont think you could go wrong with either but i have never been a fargo fan but the new ones are looking good.
Good luck in your hunt and i did find a few short boxs in the 2007 classic but i didn't want one.

lol, I did the xact same thing pfi572, only had way less kms on my superduty. Love the duramax. You won't have any issues with the urea in winter either. Happy motoring.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you will be very happy with the new body dmax we cant keep them in stock down here in Pincher Creek. were just in the process of building up another one but from the guys i talk to that run them stock they have literally zero issues unlike our ford store we keep getting REGEN issues wich is good for me cause I get to delete the emissions. Now that gm fixed the urea issue with the heater it is a lot better but no urea or emmissions is still the best ;) haha

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a couple 2006 LBZ 2500HDs that i run hotshot with. they are awesome trucks and if you watch kijiji you can pick up a full loaded or one step down for $19k-$21k. thats what i bought my last one for a couple months ago. it had 205000 kms but i know if i treat them right i will hit 800 000 to 1 000 000 kms

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2012 GMC duramax i have a god dam rattle in the front on the passenger side that i can not find. Has had it since new and only 5000 kms now and it sounds just like a loose shock. Have had the wheels off three time trying to find it. Everything is tight that i check but have to be missing something.
Only when you go hit small bumps in the pavement or road you can hear it.
Pissing me off as it is brand new. Any ideas??
Sorry for highjacking the thread.

Scottevil

Reaction score
i had a 2007 6.7l dodge 3500 as a work truck that truck saw alot of hard kms. finally traded it in for new in december over the 4 years I had it I but little over 295,000kms. stock water pump went at around 250,000km at $789 was the most expensive thing I had to fix. great fuel milage with or without towing. very sorry to let it go. I hope that helps. (my rental chev 2007 2500 blew a tranny at 9,000kms) hmmm

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 2007 6.7l dodge 3500 as a work truck that truck saw alot of hard kms. finally traded it in for new in december over the 4 years I had it I but little over 295,000kms. stock water pump went at around 250,000km at $789 was the most expensive thing I had to fix. great fuel milage with or without towing. very sorry to let it go. I hope that helps. (my rental chev 2007 2500 blew a tranny at 9,000kms) hmmm

The chevy gassers and the diesels have different trannys.

I will keep buying LBZs until there are no more good ones left

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2012 GMC duramax i have a god dam rattle in the front on the passenger side that i can not find. Has had it since new and only 5000 kms now and it sounds just like a loose shock. Have had the wheels off three time trying to find it. Everything is tight that i check but have to be missing something.
Only when you go hit small bumps in the pavement or road you can hear it.
Pissing me off as it is brand new. Any ideas??
Sorry for highjacking the thread.

Check the rim.

Top Bottom