Time to decide on what the new rig should be. Any help?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2012 Ram 3500 crew cab with a short box and 6.7 cummins HO with 67,000 KM's for $37,500 last June from a dealer. Quite pleased with it but the Ford and Duramax from 2012 on are very nice as well. Chose the Ram as no DEF in that year. Pull a fifth wheel trailer and it does the job very well. On the highway at 110 KMs it get 14 litres per 100 KMs (about 20 MPG) and pulling the fifth wheel 22 L/100KM which is just under 13 MPG.

For the smart a*s who was calling BS on another thread, we live in Canada so I am converting to the imperial gallon which is 4.54 liters. US gallon is 3.83.

The empty numbers were just achieved this weekend on an Edmonton to Grande Prairie and return trip with a sled in the back, The towing trip was a round trip from Edmonton - Revelstoke - Nelson - Creston - Edmonton. Average speed on QE II was 120KMs. Obviously closer to the speed limit in BC. Friends of ours came on the same trip pulling a similar sized fifth wheel with a 2006 Ford with the 6.0 liter diesel. He was within 3 to 5 liters more than me on each fill up so difference in mileage was negligible. Sure noticed the difference in the hills though but he just bought a Bullydog tuner so we will see what that accomplishes.

Good luck and happy shopping.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2012 Ram 3500 crew cab with a short box and 6.7 cummins HO with 67,000 KM's for $37,500 last June from a dealer. Quite pleased with it but the Ford and Duramax from 2012 on are very nice as well. Chose the Ram as no DEF in that year. Pull a fifth wheel trailer and it does the job very well. On the highway at 110 KMs it get 14 litres per 100 KMs (about 20 MPG) and pulling the fifth wheel 22 L/100KM which is just under 13 MPG.

For the smart a*s who was calling BS on another thread, we live in Canada so I am converting to the imperial gallon which is 4.54 liters. US gallon is 3.83.

The empty numbers were just achieved this weekend on an Edmonton to Grande Prairie and return trip with a sled in the back, The towing trip was a round trip from Edmonton - Revelstoke - Nelson - Creston - Edmonton. Average speed on QE II was 120KMs. Obviously closer to the speed limit in BC. Friends of ours came on the same trip pulling a similar sized fifth wheel with a 2006 Ford with the 6.0 liter diesel. He was within 3 to 5 liters more than me on each fill up so difference in mileage was negligible. Sure noticed the difference in the hills though but he just bought a Bullydog tuner so we will see what that accomplishes.

Good luck and happy shopping.

frick what dealer was that did u buy the truck from.. cause there certainly isn't no deals like that around presently.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frick what dealer was that did u buy the truck from.. cause there certainly isn't no deals like that around presently.

Leduc Chrysler. Pretty base model but well enough equipped for me. I told them what I was looking for and when they found it they gave me a call.

Top Bottom