03 summit Magneto puller?

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at trying to get my magneto off, but dont have the right puller. Any chance that another puller would work? or does someone have a proper puller i could borrow?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just need a cheapo princess auto 3 prong puller. Even comes with the right bolts to thread in. Put some pressure on it and let it sit for a bit and it will pop off. If not add some heat but don't stand in the way. Also make sure the bolts don't thread in too far or they will damage the stator rewind

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxwell.

I probably should have done a search on this topic, my bad. I do have the princess auto puller, and i have put a little heat to the mag via a heatgun. Should i use the propane torch instead? I will let it sit for a bit now, as i have had no luck yet.

Will keep you updated

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, well with the puller in place and a quick brap on the impact gun, the Magneto came off.

Sooo second question? As i'm cleaning and inspecting the stator, there is one broken wire on the stator pick up. It seems like something has cut/burnt through it.

Is this a big deal? Am i looking at replacing the stator? Or can i run it?

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time uploading a picture. perhaps the picture is too big. Can i email it to you?

Top Bottom