Put a damn helmet on

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously people. No wonder we are having a harder time finding places to ride and so many people want quading banned. I always hear statistics about how many people die riding a quad every year. What we don't hear is how many of those people weren't wearing helmets. Unless your driving 10 KM/H on a perfectly flat trail put one on. They aren't uncomfortable, and they can save your life. I see so many people with video's on youtube thinking they're cool riding around without helmets. Do us all a favor and just put one on.

Ask this guy if you should wear a hemet:
[media]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1432638/quad_accident/[/media]

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fail to see what helmets have to do with closing trails. if i don't wear a helmet i endanger my self. when trails close there reasons are litter, enviromental damage, noise complaints

to put it bluntly, if i kill my self by not wearing a helmet, thats one less quader they have to worry about.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i fail to see what helmets have to do with closing trails. if i don't wear a helmet i endanger my self. when trails close there reasons are litter, enviromental damage, noise complaints

to put it bluntly, if i kill my self by not wearing a helmet, thats one less quader they have to worry about.

because one of the things people bring up for when they are trying to get trails closed is how "dangerous" they are. They are so less dangerous if your wearing a helmet. My sister works for caroline and lacombe EMT and she said that if more people wore helmets she would have maybe a quarter of the calls for quads. I can't force you to wear a helmet but i don't understand why you wouldn't

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Man sounds like you have already suffered a head injury:eek:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helmets aren't going to make a difference regarding trail closure.

Regarding wearing one, if you are an adult, it's should be your choice. I'm sick of everyone pandering to the goverment to get more restrictions placed on individuals. Kids shouldn't have a choice since they can't make that decision for themselves, but as an adult do whatever you want. I wear one but don't give a dam if you do or don't.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I guess it would be pretty cool for all the non-helmet wearers out there for your kids, family or friends to see you have an accident and get hurt really bad, have to give you first aid or even possibly see you die??? :dontknow:

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you about not wanting more restrictions, but the sad part is that some adults have a lower IQ then alot of kids. That is why restrictions come into place. I also work in emergency services and if it were not for dim individuals i would not have a job. Also when someone decides not to wear a helmet and gets a brain injury that affects us all. It puts strain on our health care system, drives up health care cost, Etc. So in the long run there poor decision ends up costing you more money.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the increased health care cost cry again?
Let's ban fat foods, booze, smokes, firearms, bicycles and wrap ourselves in bubble wrap.

Swimming has 1.4 deaths per 100K
Driving has 9.1 deaths per 100K
.75 per 100K young male adults will die from vigorous exercise. (age 13-24)

ATV's are 1.1 deaths per 100K

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all that's one cool wipeout. It should be on a quading video.
Lucky guy, would of been ugly if the rack would of crushed his melon, same goes for people rolling over backwards. Having no helmets doesn't close trails, it's stupidity,garbage,trail wrecking, tresspassing ect. What's a $100-200 helmet when you just spent $5000-15000 on a machine. Do the math, I guess if you can't well one day that quad will sit in the garage all lonely till your head swells down and you can think straight. I don't wear helmet all the time on the farm but if I'm rippin it up then yes I'll wear it as things happen.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have to dis agree with everyone. thios guy shouldn't be wearing a helmet.:eek: and doesn't need to wear one.

cause eventually if he keeps riding like that he will suffer a head injury that will either seriously hurt every part of his life if not end it. then that would make it impossible for a dipstick like him to reproduce.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Here's my opinion.-
Say u gots a wife and maybe a kid or two, the wife makes alright cash, but u bring home the bacon. On a hot day u go quaddin, think its uncomfortable to wear a helmet on a warm day such as this. So ur ridin along, get a little sideways in a turn or hit a big rut, Machine rolls, on u, fractures ur skull, gives u sum degree of brain damage.
Now u cant work at ur normal capacity, ur stuck in a wheelchair or ur just a drooler now. Think of ur wife, she's gotta look after u and the kids,STRESS.
U lose most or even all ur hard earned toys,truk,trailer just to pay for ur hospital bills or even care. Even ur kids will suffer, no quaddin with dad, ice cream sundays,( if u do they're feedin u), or even being able to pick up ur freshly delivered grand kid.
Scary isnt it.
WEAR A HELMET IF U VALUE UR LIFE AS IT IS NOW & AND LATER.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody wants restrictions on their personal freedom. Wearing a helmet is the same debate as wearing a seatbelt, if you want to feel free and unrestricted, then by all means don't wear one. I'm not much of a gambler, as I like to side with the odds. It is a proven fact that helmets save lives, so I am going to wear one. I also want to be a good role model for my kids, so how can I explain to them that they have to wear one, but I don't. A simple cruise on the trails can be dangerous, there are so many dangers that we can't control, but we can lessen the chances of enrolling in the kooky college by wearing the proper protection. Again, I couldn't care less if you're too cool to wear a helmet, but I do ask that you ride behind me, because I don't want my kids and I coming across your mangled melon when you wipeout.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Just a question....Do all the non-helmet wearers also have no home insurance? life insurance? disability insurance? none of these are law to have......why do we have insurance???.....just in case something happens same reason why we wear a helmet just in case....

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I with the crowd that says everyone should wear helmets. I don't see why you wouldn't. Luckily everyone around here wears helmets, I have yet to see someone without one in my 3 years of riding. One teen didn't but he was going to the dump down the road at like 5km/h.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents i always wear one i think it should be law like a seatbelt with a stiff fine you cant put a price on your years of knowledge can you ???????? i have seen the ill effects of no helmet i dont want to see it again i will not ride with non helmet wearers i will load and go home

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a helmet every ride. I have been in situations where my helmet has saved my life...I love my helmet lol If the cops around here stop you on your quad, and your not wearing your helmet, you will be fined...just like a seatbelt ticket.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it shouldn't be in law . Let the people choose. As far as riding a rally, yes helmets should be mandatory or riding with strangers.

moonbuggy

Reaction score
Very well put, couldn't have said it better.

i have to dis agree with everyone. thios guy shouldn't be wearing a helmet.:eek: and doesn't need to wear one.

cause eventually if he keeps riding like that he will suffer a head injury that will either seriously hurt every part of his life if not end it. then that would make it impossible for a dipstick like him to reproduce.

Top Bottom