Xm fuel line problem

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie snow. i do not know where you get your info but all parts are available with 3-5 day receiving to the dealer....
There is one part that was not available and is now been found. This part will be sent with all kits.....
You must book in and then the dealer can order the warranty parts.....
Dealears cannot just order 300 recall parts in case a person walks in........you must call, book in and then they order.....they require a serial number to access the warehoouse and warranty recall purchase order....
If you want to see how this works I will freely give you the information sheet...

I forget ,,,,, your dealearship number is what???????
Which dealears gave you this bogus infooooo!!!!

PM me I am interested.

guess it depends on the dealer. i know of dealers ordering hundreds of recall parts. i booked 6 sleds in and didnt need a serial number.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Sorry Maxwell!

Sorry for pissing in your corn flakes......
I really thought you would have been the guy to go to for all info on all these updates!

You mean the dealers just say "I have 6 sleds to fix" and there is no paper trail. Serial numbers are mandatory for the completed work orders.
PARTS CLAIM. Log in requires thes numbers.......
Due diligence is a pretty common thing these days!

Paper trails are mandatory or let the litigation start!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Maxwell!

I really thought you would have been the guy to go to for all info on all these updates!

You mean the dealers just say "I have 6 sleds to fix" and there is no paper trail. Serial numbers are mandatory for the completed work orders.

You didn't piss in my cornflakes I don't know why you seem so upset. I am not disagreeing with you. You are 100% correct in saying that they need serial numbers to complete the process and yes brp warranty work is VERY strict when it comes to paperwork. All I'm saying is I booked in 6 sleds without serial numbers. I will bring them in on a Tuesday and they will be done before te weekend so tell me how that gets done with. 4-5 day lead on parts. I think any dealer would be safe in ordering at least 75% of there total snowchecks worth of recall parts and assume they will all have the work done where it was purchased. Again not disagreeing with you but my dealer will have my sled for less days than it takes to get the parts so.....I don't know maybe they will air ship them as soon as they look at the serial number on my sled when I drop it off I don't know and I don't really need to....

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that if my dealer was to type my name in his computer, the serial number of the sled he sold me will be on my file.
Jus sayin...

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Maybe all the other peeps will learn from our posts!!!!!!

The bull ship can stop then........Instead of having misleading information we can all have the facts. I personally think BRP should be posting this information on their site to inform all customers as soon as possible. Just saying!!!!!

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Maxwell!

I puzzled why your upset?!
Every dealer has s/n of the sleds they sold, and ordered the parts for their customers sleds. All I did was ask when the recall parts were coming in and book me appt when they do. Yesterday the kits came in, and I have my appt booked.
Work orders have all the customers info on them including the sleds info, easy process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Not upset at all. Just getting tired of the assumptions some peeps put up.
Read some of my other posts...... All info is provided.
Documentation is 100% compliant.
I do not bull ship just provide truthful information..LOL!..
Procedures, recall. and any info you need is provided on the revy page.........If I am missing something that was wonderfully posted on the internet please do not hesitate to give a PM!

I never once saw a true documented piece of paper, other than hear say.
I would rather see fellow sledders safe than being stranded down a deep bowl with a brand new sled.
Even worse, burnt up or have a misfortune like the fellow who lost of his garage

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie snow. i do not know where you get your info but all parts are available with 3-5 day receiving to the dealer....
There is one part that was not available and is now been found. This part will be sent with all kits.....
You must book in and then the dealer can order the warranty parts.....
Dealears cannot just order 300 recall parts in case a person walks in........you must call, book in and then they order.....they require a serial number to access the warehoouse and warranty recall purchase order....
If you want to see how this works I will freely give you the information sheet...

I forget ,,,,, your dealearship number is what???????
Which dealears gave you this bogus infooooo!!!!

PM me I am interested.

kimrick, settle down please.

I was at my dealer on Wednesday and that was the information I received. I posted the info either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. The DooTalk info is what it is, "internet talk".

It is quite easy for the dealer to order parts and BRP to confirm the serial numbers. In fact it is easier for the dealer to get my serial # than it is for me. The dealer can copy and paste or just transfer the number from one page to another on that fancy BOSS site, I have to write it down, check it, and then take it in…….so I don't really think I would require my serial number.

I will phone the dealership today and see if I can't "push" the process. Maybe their answer will be different today, who knows!

In the mean while, thanks for keeping us all informed.

rider1

Reaction score
Has anyone taken their sled in yet to get the recall done? If so, what doo they actually doo?

Got mine done on Friday. What they do from my understanding is put a metal bracket on the oil reservoir and some kind of foam tape under the gas tank.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine done on Friday. What they do from my understanding is put a metal bracket on the oil reservoir and some kind of foam tape under the gas tank.

It won't work, there is no DUCT TAPE involved in the recall. Just kidding, if it works all the better.

Top Bottom