Xm fuel line problem

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Got my recall notice in the mail last night. Called Bow Cycle south today, they don't have the parts to do the recall yet and can't tell me when they will be able to do it. Wouldn't even let me book time a week or two ahead. Supposedly its a 7 hour job, and their mechanics haven't even done one yet, which alarms me when I read that the recall is 2 weeks old or something. At this rate it'll be next November by the time they've got all the XM's fixed.

The bow cycle guy I talked to says he knows of two sleds its happened to now, both were electric starts... he figured my pull start would be okay if I just make sure I don't hit any trees. As for the insurance companies bailing, what is the plucking point of insurance? I guess if they won't cover a burned down sled, hellllloooo class action suit against skidoo. You'd think a few clips/rubber pads would be easy to obtain so they could fix this problem a little quicker.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my recall notice in the mail last night. Called Bow Cycle south today, they don't have the parts to do the recall yet and can't tell me when they will be able to do it. Wouldn't even let me book time a week or two ahead. Supposedly its a 7 hour job, and their mechanics haven't even done one yet, which alarms me when I read that the recall is 2 weeks old or something. At this rate it'll be next November by the time they've got all the XM's fixed.

The bow cycle guy I talked to says he knows of two sleds its happened to now, both were electric starts... he figured my pull start would be okay if I just make sure I don't hit any trees. As for the insurance companies bailing, what is the plucking point of insurance? I guess if they won't cover a burned down sled, hellllloooo class action suit against skidoo. You'd think a few clips/rubber pads would be easy to obtain so they could fix this problem a little quicker.

7 hours? Your being sarcastic right? The repair for a manual start is .4 hour. They should be able to rip through 15 a day. Just sayn....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 hours? Your being sarcastic right? The repair for a manual start is .4 hour. They should be able to rip through 15 a day. Just sayn....

Yup bingo!! That's scary...7 hours...it's a simple job and once they had done a few a bet thy will have it down to a half hour per sled

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Called them back, talked to someone else in service... bing bang boom I'm booked in for this Friday, they'll have parts in on Thursday. Easy.

This is the second time I've been told something outrageous by someone at bow cycle over the phone this year, last time it was clickering down and reeds blowing up during trail riding... anyways, problem solved and I'm much happier.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called them back, talked to someone else in service... bing bang boom I'm booked in for this Friday, they'll have parts in on Thursday. Easy.

This is the second time I've been told something outrageous by someone at bow cycle over the phone this year, last time it was clickering down and reeds blowing up during trail riding... anyways, problem solved and I'm much happier.

Makes a big difference talking to a tech as opposed to a sales guy or the receptionist. Lol.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason a lot of guys in cowtown shop else where.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called my dealer today ..
- got the parts ?
- yup
- when should i bring it in ?
- now if you want, we can do it right away
- see you in 10 min!

no fuss, no serial numbers to order parts, no waiting .. you guys getting hassled by your dealers need to find new dealers ! lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
called my dealer today ..
- got the parts ?
- yup
- when should i bring it in ?
- now if you want, we can do it right away
- see you in 10 min!

no fuss, no serial numbers to order parts, no waiting .. you guys getting hassled by your dealers need to find new dealers ! lol

Just a little far to commute to No Limits young fellow.

BTW, my dealer is just fine......"best little shop on the prairies!"

I haven't arranged anything yet but let me grab the phone and find out!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Parts at my dealer aren't available until early next week they are hoping

I'd better park it and not ride but then again, I haven't got the letter yet!

So I don't have to park it, nor quit riding, and the insurance will still be good. Oh ya'......I don't have insurance!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parts at my dealer aren't available until early next week they are hoping

I'd better park it and not ride but then again, I haven't got the letter yet!

So I don't have to park it, nor quit riding, and the insurance will still be good. Oh ya'......I don't have insurance!

it dumped ya better go ride it

Im not checking my mail until may..... see ya in court lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya cause Bow is fawked.... its so frustrating

Makes a big difference talking to a tech as opposed to a sales guy or the receptionist. Lol.

well we cant choose who answers the phone so its kinda tuff,,, get me the franchise and I will open up in cowtown

There is a reason a lot of guys in cowtown shop else where.

exactly..... cant even get a strait answer from anyone,, most peeps work there for 6 months and gone pooof

because of the BRP service in calgary I almost bought a POO just cause of the dealer glad I didnt but now I have 3 recalls and BRP telling us no to ride our sled until its fixed puts me in a jam.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I/m not really concerned as I don't go over the bars banging my knee on the panels.

When I go over the bars, it is usually.........way over the bars and no body parts touch the panels, bars, or anything.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the other two Shawn?

sorry should say 2 fuel line and switches and a the 3rd is the visual on lights.... all good really except fuel line

we plan to come out friday?? prob fern Rich Corey and I. are you around?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a bulletin today that said all recall parts with the exception of locking screws are in stock and enroute to all dealers. The screws will be sent around Jan 31st but can be substituted with the old screws and blue loctite. Only a few more sleeps peeps.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a bulletin today that said all recall parts with the exception of locking screws are in stock and enroute to all dealers. The screws will be sent around Jan 31st but can be substituted with the old screws and blue loctite. Only a few more sleeps peeps.

hey that ryhmes..... lol

Top Bottom