Xm fuel line problem

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to bring mine in today, but my dealer said they're waiting on some cup or something for the pull starts

Yes apparently some dealers can't read and ordered cups for there whole fleet. This caused a shortage for dealers that ordered later.The cup is for manual starts only.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the switches and visual lights recalls about? I never got those...

Some of the earlier XM's had faulty dimmer switches that could stick. They also may have not had the headlight mounted properly. This does not affect all vehicles. Ask your dealer about them when you get your fuel nipple recall done.

stormcp

Reaction score
I didnt get a chance today but I will try to get some pics this week.

What they told me is they put a piece of rubber under the gas tank so it doesnt slide, spaced and braced the oil tank, shaved the pull start cup, turned the clamp and some other minor things.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A copy of the BRP install sheets are posted in the 'Revelstoke' riding area info under the "Okay Marco,T, and Homer,,,,,,, Procedure for recall installation " thread if anyone wants to see what is done for the recall.

So the recoil cup, is it now a revised model??? I am wondering why they have to "discard" the old one thats previousely been installed???

I'm gonna have to call them and let them know what I want done to the cup... There is a little "Tab" that sort of "locks" the saddle into the oil tank where the cup sits (the vacant hole in the oil tank)..

I shaved the latch or "tab" down with a dremel tool because it was a BEAR to install( Can imagine how hard it would be to remove out in the backcounty if something happened, it was nearly impossible to install/remove in a heated shop!!), was afraid I was going to snap either the tank or the cup.. Now it slides in easily and still stays secure with the 2 screws provided.....

Nice attachment to the recall instructions!!!!!!! Thanks

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
My sled is in for the recalls today at Bow Cycle... apparently on paper it takes 30 minutes, but the mechanic says a full hour to do the fuel nipple thing. If they find that it's cracked already, its 7 hours to replace the fuel tank.

The other XM recalls are the headlight reflectors (they come loose apparently), and takes 1 hour.
The 3rd recall has something to do with the headlight switch, which takes 0.3 hours.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headlight recall? First I heard of that, is it only certain sleds or all of them? I got my recall done yesterday, took them about 20min. I'm not sure why a new recoil cup is needed but its on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine got the headlight recall done same time as the dimmer switch. It's just a fitment issue I guess nothing major. Not sure if all sleds were subject to it or not.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A copy of the BRP install sheets are posted in the 'Revelstoke' riding area info under the "Okay Marco,T, and Homer,,,,,,, Procedure for recall installation " thread if anyone wants to see what is done for the recall.

Second look makes me HOPE that my dealer uses a pry bar with a rubber coated tip to pry the tank up to install spacers.... In the install instructions it seems BRP is not all that concerned with marring and scratching product to get the job done...
Might have to make a call just to be sure lol

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got mine done with mandentory first service all you calgary guys should check out bow ridge good service staff wouldnt take my sled to bow under any circumstance

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine booked in for Wednesday...went for a ride today with kids around the farm. Hit a drift and smell and see fuel. Knew I should have drank beer instead. 😥

Top Bottom