2024 Sidewinder (Previous issues ongoing or resolved?)

YammieLover

Reaction score
I just picked up a 24' Sidewinder SRX and after reading about a bunch of mods the earlier Sidewinders have needed, I am wondering if any of the previous upgrades have since been resolved by Yammie/Cat, or are these concerns still requiring immediate fixes or upgrades?

Driveshaft Bearing? Is this still an issue where an inner sleeve or outer bearing upgrade is required?

Chain Case Tensioner? Is the bolt still an issue where the Barn o Parts (BOP) bolt upgrade is the current fix?

Rollover Valve? I saw BOP had a modified cap and vented line to eliminate pressure build-up in the oil tank.

Of course, I have read there to be a host of other upgrades one can make, but on this new sled, I am wondering which ones are critical and should be performed from the start, or maybe right after the break-in is complete. I hate tearing apart a new sled...lol

Any advice on the 24's is appreciated/

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must do mods i would say some running boards and stronger skid rails.

YammieLover

Reaction score
Let’s see some pics of this SRX!
Pics...here's a little grouping.

IMG-0283.jpg

IMG-0299.jpg

Last edited:

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 24' Sidewinder SRX and after reading about a bunch of mods the earlier Sidewinders have needed, I am wondering if any of the previous upgrades have since been resolved by Yammie/Cat, or are these concerns still requiring immediate fixes or upgrades?

Driveshaft Bearing? Is this still an issue where an inner sleeve or outer bearing upgrade is required?

Chain Case Tensioner? Is the bolt still an issue where the Barn o Parts (BOP) bolt upgrade is the current fix?

Rollover Valve? I saw BOP had a modified cap and vented line to eliminate pressure build-up in the oil tank.

Of course, I have read there to be a host of other upgrades one can make, but on this new sled, I am wondering which ones are critical and should be performed from the start, or maybe right after the break-in is complete. I hate tearing apart a new sled...lol

I’d be interested in knowing as well…maybe some new threads in ty4stroke?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

IMG_3814.jpeg

You just about won the stoked 9r. Made it to the last 3.

YammieLover

Reaction score
View attachment 275779
You just about won the stoked 9r. Made it to the last 3.
That's one of my Boys that had entered and nearly won it. He's an enthuiast for sure, and has been doing Sled Wraps and custom graphics for a lot of mountain guys.

He's riding one of my old 2 smokes but has his eyes on the new stuff now.

Top Bottom