Xm fuel line problem

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was with a group today and he hit a creek hard enough to put him over the bars, and ended up breaking the fuel return on the pump. From what I can see its only a matter of time that this will happen to someone else. This fellow had a estart sled wondering if pull start sleds are having this issue because it looks like the oil tank is moving breaking the line.
Brp better get on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champagne powder

Reaction score
I was with a group today and he hit a creek hard enough to put him over the bars, and ended up breaking the fuel return on the pump. From what I can see its only a matter of time that this will happen to someone else. This fellow had a estart sled wondering if pull start sleds are having this issue because it looks like the oil tank is moving breaking the line.
Brp better get on this.

On the weekend a guy broke his fuel line on his 2013 xm and the sled burnt down.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp better get on this.

I think there was a post a month or so ago about this same issue

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there was a post a month or so ago about this same issue

The one from a month ago was hit buy another sled brod side with a ski right at the front of the tank.

from my HTC

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one from a month ago was hit buy another sled brod side with a ski right at the front of the tank.

from my HTC

Wasn't sure just remembered something along those lines

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good.
Guess we will have to sit and wait and see where this goes. Hopefully an isolated couple on incidents.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

from my HTC

Wasn't sure just remembered something along those lines

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a 09 xp hit brod side.

Took the timbersled air box and oil tank out.

But that's brp's fault for not making side impack bars ( so all the azzhats can say ). :beer:

from my HTC

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen a 09 xp hit brod side.

Took the timbersled air box and oil tank out.

But that's brp's fault for not making side impack bars ( so all the azzhats can say ). :beer:

from my HTC

Ya like we need more weight.
If they make one it better be made out chromoly or Ti. Something strong and light!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is this any different than the sleds that have been produced since 2010 that never had any issues?

The 2013 is a different fuel system/ routing.
Have a look for yourself i didnt know it was different till i took the airbox off it to get a better look. it broke the plastic nipple right off the fuel pump.
You fuel level gauge is now in your fuel pump. Not the float that used to be on the clutch side.

Last edited:

harper44

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on the weekend, first ride with my e-start XM. stopped for a piss break and could smell gas, pulled the side cover off to find the return fuel line broken right off at the nipple. The dealer is replacing the fuel pump as we speak.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me on the weekend, first ride with my e-start XM. stopped for a piss break and could smell gas, pulled the side cover off to find the return fuel line broken right off at the nipple. The dealer is replacing the fuel pump as we speak.

what broke yours? just normal riding?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper11 was the fellows name Mel? He is buddy of mine and was sleding in Valmount with some other buds and this happened to him.

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
There was a girl riding a new xm and had to tow the new 154 out fuel nipple broke off flush. She was pissed. No way to splice.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will be a recall soon enough...?? Would rather get the issue solved BEFORE there is an issue out on the mountain...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper11 was the fellows name Mel? He is buddy of mine and was sleding in Valmount with some other buds and this happened to him.

Yah know what i think his name was Mel, He was a older gentleman, I can't be sure tho there were so many new faces in the group, I couldn't keep track of them. The guys in the group figured out a fix for him and he rode it out. I know what to pack in case this happens to another xm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom