sure quiet around here lately...........

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont really agree with this, if someone has a question everyone on here does their best to answer it. with the exception of 2-3 users we all know each other and would ride with anyone on the forum. Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill. i started this thread for a laugh. i spent my entire sunday volunteering for the local club as im sure many on here do. The weekend before that i spent riding with cats and polaris snowmobiles. Because dispite how "divvisive" you think this forum is, when we are on the snow none of us care whos riding what. Dont take everything you read on the internet straight to your heart bud. its going to be ok. we are all friends, knowledgeable good people that ride.

exactly. I'm here for entertainment. I don't need much sledding advice, and most other people here don't either.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The decline in Snowmobile #'s can be attributed too a few factors. IMO

#1 cost of the sport.

#2 More choices. Lots of stuff a person can do or spend money on compared to 30 or 40 years ago.

#3 Lack of snow Lots of places dont get the snow they once did. Thats why my family started mountain sledding in the first place.

#4 change in demographics. My dad got me into sledding, I dont have any kids, many of my peers have no kids, many breeding age women have
no interest in having kids...

#5 Snow and Mud Bullies

the sport of sledding isnt going to last forever. Maybe we could start a bring a refugee sledding program to keep the sport alive?

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your original question before all the crap...….forums in general area dying off. And I think most will understand why. Not a lot of useful information any longer. As enthusiasts a lot came to forums to get help and direction. I don't see much of that any longer. A few with knowledge carry the load and the rest just bully. Im totally surprised by one post I saw recently that didn't get many that was to promote organized sledding as a community. That's something we should all embrace and encourage as our sport is slowing more than a lot would like to admit. If we don't rally the troops for the future, there won't be a future. Hard to even imagine that but its reality. Modern day sled market peaked in 1997 went down 100k units 10 years later and another 50K 10 years after that to present day. We are losing participants quicker than we are gaining them. What are you doing to add a member?
Safe sledding.
RS

Well said Randy, unfortunately the internet & social media is creating a big disconnect in this great sport!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a lot can be misconstrued by reading typed language on any social media platform. You could confidently bet money that nobody here is maliciously bullying people or means ill against anyone. If we all met face to face, Im sure the point could possibly come off in a less sarcastic tone. Welcome to the internet. #yoursledsucks Holio

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a lot can be misconstrued by reading typed language on any social media platform. You could confidently bet money that nobody here is maliciously bullying people or means ill against anyone. If we all met face to face, Im sure the point could possibly come off in a less sarcastic tone. Welcome to the internet. #yoursledsucks Holio

Look how happy the boys were in the pics to meet Kanedog.... now its full on friends off

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Best post on this thread..... I agree 100%. When I've needed help or advise I've always been successful on S&M, when I am able to help out I will, this isn't often because most of the time I'm the one needing the help/advice.

Many of my best friends and close acquaintances were formed right here on this site. Different folks want different things, I always joke that the site is broken because (A) It is, a lot of the old "Bullies" and chit disturbers have moved on... and (B) In some ways the PC bullchit has even managed to creep into here, panties seem to be in bunches all over the place. I believe Shiny Top & his crew have done an excellent job trying to separate the BS from the technical - hence the Tailgate Chat section and so on.

I have always been mechanically retarded and on the advise side take more than I contribute, but I love sledding and contribute in other ways. My wife and I have sat on the executive for the AB Beach Snowmobile club for over 10 years in a variety of capacities. Through my wife's employer VARDA & Avalanche Canada receive over $2000/yr in donation matched funding. And I like to think we represent the sport well where it counts - on the trails and in the hills.

Soooo.... I may be a dick at times but it's just the internet

i dont really agree with this, if someone has a question everyone on here does their best to answer it. with the exception of 2-3 users we all know each other and would ride with anyone on the forum. Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill. i started this thread for a laugh. i spent my entire sunday volunteering for the local club as im sure many on here do. The weekend before that i spent riding with cats and polaris snowmobiles. Because dispite how "divvisive" you think this forum is, when we are on the snow none of us care whos riding what. Dont take everything you read on the internet straight to your heart bud. its going to be ok. we are all friends, knowledgeable good people that ride.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
best post on this thread..... I agree 100%. When i've needed help or advise i've always been successful on s&m, when i am able to help out i will, this isn't often because most of the time i'm the one needing the help/advice.

Many of my best friends and close acquaintances were formed right here on this site. Different folks want different things, i always joke that the site is broken because (a) it is, a lot of the old "bullies" and chit disturbers have moved on... And (b) in some ways the pc bullchit has even managed to creep into here, panties seem to be in bunches all over the place. I believe shiny top & his crew have done an excellent job trying to separate the bs from the technical - hence the tailgate chat section and so on.

I have always been mechanically retarded and on the advise side take more than i contribute, but i love sledding and contribute in other ways. My wife and i have sat on the executive for the ab beach snowmobile club for over 10 years in a variety of capacities. Through my wife's employer varda & avalanche canada receive over $2000/yr in donation matched funding. And i like to think we represent the sport well where it counts - on the trails and in the hills.

Soooo.... I may be a dick at times but it's just the internet

"at times"....there really was a time, once upon a time...... Hehehehe lmao

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Still surprised tex didn't beat me up.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was gonna say the same thing. Compare the the sidewinder starting with the 2018

I actually like the sidewinder, seriously considered buying one.
Contemplated long and hard about calling up the guy on here selling his used winder.
I do admit some negative feelings towards ski doo, but that was because it was the only sled I ever owned that was pure junk...and doo warranty sucked to.
But who knows, someday I may even park a doo turbo in my garage...never say never.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2018s with drop and roll are night and day ahead of your 2017 in terms of getting on the snow.

I actually don’t doubt that as my 18 cat was exact same. But after a dozen years on the 4 strokes I’m defiantly having fun on the 2 smokers.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the fact that the factory Doo turbo pushes ZERO BOOST PRESSURE - if you were to put a gauge on it - u would see zero psi - absolute manifold pressure is 14.7psi at all times - quite a few people need to wrap their head around that one

No it would make zero boost pressure at sea level.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it would make zero boost pressure at sea level.
And zero pressure through all altitudes - it would only register boost on a boost gauge if the psi is over and above 14.7 - which it never will be - I hope someone puts a boost gauge on one of these stock turbos so people can realize that everything is calibrated at 14.7 gauges and springs etc - if the manifold loses 3lbs of pressure due to altitude the turbo will make the 3lbs but it will still be at 14.7 in the manifold - which on a BOOST gauge it will register a big F*cking FAT ZERO!!!! Cmon people it's very simple - a boost gauge will only register psi over and above 14.7 because that is the pressure at sea level - ALL GAUGES AR CALIBRATED AT 14.7 SEA LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Who cares???
And zero pressure through all altitudes - it would only register boost on a boost gauge if the psi is over and above 14.7 - which it never will be - I hope someone puts a boost gauge on one of these stock turbos so people can realize that everything is calibrated at 14.7 gauges and springs etc - if the manifold loses 3lbs of pressure due to altitude the turbo will make the 3lbs but it will still be at 14.7 in the manifold - which on a BOOST gauge it will register a big F*cking FAT ZERO!!!! Cmon people it's very simple - a boost gauge will only register psi over and above 14.7 because that is the pressure at sea level - ALL GAUGES AR CALIBRATED AT 14.7 SEA LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not sure who you are trying to convince. This sled works the way skeedue said it would.So far there have been no issues or there would be ten threads on here about it.Sounds like a winner to me.
Exactly - if it's not 8lbs above 14.7 - who the hell cares

Top Bottom