Montana/Yellowstone

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we’re riding big sky or island park, is that riding within Yellowstone national park? Are these ‘Best Available Technology’ regs new or is that a different area than we’d ride?
Best tech vehicles would only be required in the park. When I was last there only 4 stroke snowmobiles were allowed in the park and were only allowed in designated trails. I believe the new Etec tech sleds are allowed now but probably only in tour fleets

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we’re riding big sky or island park, is that riding within Yellowstone national park? Are these ‘Best Available Technology’ regs new or is that a different area than we’d ride?
You’re not in Yellowstone riding those 2 areas, I am told though you will need both a Montana and Idaho permit if you’re riding the Two Top area, about $100 bucks US for both.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input. So it does seem like less are going south to ride…
I’d be happy to explore more in BC but should have mentioned this is an annual trip where some buds come out from MB. It’s actually further for them to get to most riding areas in BC than to Yellowstone. They all have families and one is a teacher so they get locked into dates and most of the time when they come to BC it’s the middle of a dry spell. We’ve had real bad luck the last 3-4 years so figured try Yellowstone and if the snow sucks at least it’s a different place and experience. I think we’ve got some thinkin to do

If you and your friends have never been, check out Stewart, BC and Hyder, Alaska in mid to late January. Most years they have crazy amounts of snow by that time and very low rider numbers comparatively speaking. We’ve been there twice and I’d love to go back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure somewhere to go between Idaho and Montana for a little different setting as in leave Canada for a few days. Anyone been to both Montana-whitefish vs Idaho-Sandpoint. Not much snow anywhere but have a few days off after Christmas so want to take advantage of that. What would be some recommendations from guys that have been south of the line. Thx for any advice.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only US state that has lots of snow is Alaska right now. Ashley Chaffin has been posting big snow where she lives.

Top Bottom