Fuel prices - Cardlock vs reg pump

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using card locks and getting better rates than at your local fuel station?

I have a Esso cardlock access and the daily rate is more than 10-20 cents higher than the local pumps here in BC

A quick look at Calgarys Cardlock and I see clear diesel around $1.60/L and on gas buddy I see it’s $1.49-1.59 at the pump.

Marked isn’t much more than 10 cents cheaper most locations.

Mostly looking to see if someone has found one cardlock cheaper than the next. We get screwed in BC for being dirty diesel users with an extra 15 right off the bat.

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find UFA here a little cheaper sometimes but not usually. Probably depends on the volume you use.

Our dyed here is the same I think as AB govt scrapped the tax for now.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a coop card lock being from Sk it just makes sense as they are everywhere.

Currently clear diesel prices on my corporate card are.

Edmonton diesel price is 1.4950
Valemount diesel price is 1.9010
Sk price is 1.6525

Edit; I’m a very small fuel user and burn 12-15k a year.

Edit edit; those prices include gst.
Also since it’s a corporate card I don’t get equity on the fuel. But those dang equity cheques are a taxable income so I give 1/2 of it to the government coke tax time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that this is pertinent to this conversation but drove to Arizona from Edmonton last month and couldn't believe the variability of diesel. $3.10 per us gal to $5.00 even in close proximity sometimes as close as a few blocks away.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a local co-op get a membership with them. I get the equivalent of $0.06-$0.09/L back every year with the dividend cheque.

Not currently in town but Husky is switching over. Might be more reasonable to go that route.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Peace River, my UFA card is at $1.612/L + GST for diesel and $1.443/L for gas + GST.
I saw at Chevron, it was sitting at $1.549 for Diesel and $1.399 for gas.

We probably use $30K a year.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_3408 Large.jpeg

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find UFA here a little cheaper sometimes but not usually. Probably depends on the volume you use.

Our dyed here is the same I think as AB govt scrapped the tax for now.

If you are just looking at the posted price on the pump and signs there’s no gst on the prices that are posted. When I worked at custom vac they gave us fuel link cards to use. The local coop here in Leduc was always cheaper than ufa.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Okay you guys asked for it. We now need to get S & M bulk fuel deal. Who can put this together with special Snow and Mud credit cards? I would be happy if my membership got me 10 cents off per litre.
We are such a diverse group that it would take more than a few card lock deals for us to be covered. ie, I use Coop at home but on the road there aren’t that many Coop card locks. What would you suggest to cover the wide range of fuel that our brother members would benefit from?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We are such a diverse group that it would take more than a few card lock deals for us to be covered. ie, I use Coop at home but on the road there aren’t that many Coop card locks. What would you suggest to cover the wide range of fuel that our brother members would benefit from?
Maybe not in your neck of the woods (yet) but there's a Co-op cardlock on every corner in Ab and Sk and a whole bunch in most of Bc.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe not in your neck of the woods (yet) but there's a Co-op cardlock on every corner in Ab and Sk and a whole bunch in most of Bc.
We have a Coop card lock and two Coop gas stations in Salmon Arm under the auspices of Armstrong Cooperative. As far as I know my membership only gets dividend payouts from what this local Coop offers.
I like the idea of a deal for members but I don’t think there are enough members to be able to get this kind of service. Is it worth trying? Absolutely.
I nominate Chris to start looking into it and report back by the end of the month.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Co-Op has bought all the Western Husky’s so that will likely increase availability but as you mentioned it may only be applicable for the ones operated by your local retailer.

Top Bottom