Fuel prices - Cardlock vs reg pump

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish there was more clarity about what is better... I am an additive guy anyways so I wonder if ex plus my add is too much... likely

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the "premium" diesel for towing. I do find better fuel efficiency with it
Fuel in Canada is terrify low in cetane so of the “premium “ gas more it’s worth it .
Winter time is worse yet and I run a good cetane booster / lubricant with ever tank as it helps . Plus I have the CP4 pump in 12 Duramax . 😬

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel in Canada is terrify low in cetane so of the “premium “ gas more it’s worth it .
Winter time is worse yet and I run a good cetane booster / lubricant with ever tank as it helps . Plus I have the CP4 pump in 12 Duramax . 😬
What additive do you run. My 6.7 also has the cp4

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is what Summitric recommended to me I get it from GCL diesel in Edmonton by the pail, but they have lots of options brands/blends

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have updated info re; gasoline with the regards to some conflicting info i have found at the pumps around town. My dilemma is does all gasoline now whether #1+ #1 #2 #3 contain 10% ethanol. On the pumps i have noticed like at shell it says on the sticker the ethanol content in 3 different blends and #1 having none, but then on a big sticker under that it says contains 10% ethanol, so does the pump at costco say this as well. So which is it does all gasoline now contain 10%? Any info or links would be greatly appreciated as i prefer #1 in most of my stuff, just runs better.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chevron 94 was the last holdout for a non ehtanol enhanced fuel.
The Turd has put an end to that - since about January 2023 all gasoline blends in Canada must contain ethanol - at least 5% but not sure on that - may be 10%.
I was pissed off at loosing Chevron so quit diging into exact %. I still put Chevon 94 in the Tuned Boost and supercharged Challenger, both run fine.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chevron 94 was the last holdout for a non ehtanol enhanced fuel.
The Turd has put an end to that - since about January 2023 all gasoline blends in Canada must contain ethanol - at least 5% but not sure on that - may be 10%.
I was pissed off at loosing Chevron so quit diging into exact %. I still put Chevon 94 in the Tuned Boost and supercharged Challenger, both run fine.
Ran into this doing some research, making fuel out of food is just plain stupid.

Enquiry: Ethanol content in V-Power gasoline
Response:
Good morning, Starting in 2022, all gasoline grades sold in Canada will be blended with ethanol, including premium gasoline (V-Power 91 and 93) according to proposed regulations (10% ethanol Federal Clean Fuel Regulation for 2022, Low Carbon Fuel Requirements and need to reduce the carbon intensity of fossil fuels, which ethanol is one mechanism to reduce carbon intensity).
All the provinces are switching slowly, and If you see the label at the pump, “Gasoline may contain up to 10% Ethanol” is already happening.

Regards, Sylvie Martin Shell Canada,
Technical Support Email: shelltechnical-ca@shell.com

:(
1712525959449.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom