Tuff Lift experience....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
other than losing the box space I think these decks are awesome, we have a friend with one, and to tie down, tarp, and everything on the ground is awesome....... I hate climbing around on top of the truck when it's slippery tarping etc.
Add the dreaded over shoot lol

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my oh my,,, now if that isn't the cat's meowwww...

I'll have too look into this idea since my dual-sport bike and loading ramps are kinda tricky at times...

I'll have too do a Google search too see if they make a lower truck box model...
20230902_112947.jpg

Loading everything at gound level seems like a safer thing then me walking up one ramp,,, bike on the other...

Not bad if I can back up too a bank or get the rear tires into a low spot too cut down on the angle which is not the case everytime...

Thanks for sharing Doug ,,, innovative ideas lead too good times...

Don

PS: I hope the B.P. folks are out of the picture,,, they had a big stink on me one time on the U.S. side...
I had 2 flats of beer for my U.S. pals,,, I was over my limit,,, id have too pay a duty or tax on 1 flat...

Sounds good too me I said...

I dug out some usd $20 dollar bills getting ready too pay for my ignorance only too find out it was $1.25 cents...

He calculated it out a second time and the same total appeared,,, I said dang,,, had I known it was that cheap I should of bought a truck box full...

Both of us had a good laugh ,,, U.S. custom folks have treated us awesome over the years,,, the same can not be said on the Canadian side...

Don

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Don, he makes single decks that fit inside the box. Look through all his videos and photo gallery. I’m sure you will find something that would suit your needs.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Doug,,, I'll give him a call too see what he has,,, what a great idea...

It would allow me too keep my boots on the ground where they belong...

Mr Lem fears Grizzly Bear traps...
One of the dudes on our Dual-sport forum had a close call...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez if thats what it looks like loading i can only imagine hes a total train wreck riding the thing too lol.

2 wheels isnt for everyone. Might be time to Give it up rickey

1694360956753.png

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Doug,,, I'll give him a call too see what he has,,, what a great idea...

It would allow me too keep my boots on the ground where they belong...

Mr Lem fears Grizzly Bear traps...
One of the dudes on our Dual-sport forum had a close call...

That guy should give up Powersports and take up chess, the fact that he drives a ford maverick hybrid only exemplifies it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
One thing I did on mine was went to princess auto and bought a keeper wireless winch remote system. Then just cut the wiring harness and attached it to the winch controller like you have in your little box. You can unplug the wireless receiver from the harness until you know you're going to be using the deck. Nice little remote you can keep in your pocket. And you're in luck, they're on sale.
That unit only works on Keeper winches. I will take back to PA tomorrow.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have some off branded canadian tire winch. I just cut the harness and connected it to the winch controller with eyelets to the screws. It works for me?
I’m not electrically capable of accomplishing that process. I took the controller apart but decided that the wiring coming from the mother board was too short to even work with.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I’m not electrically capable of accomplishing that process. I took the controller apart but decided that the wiring coming from the mother board was too short to even work with.
Your kit never came with the male end cord? The one i bought came with the wiring harness with the eyelets and everything on the end of the wires, so all i had to do was plug the wireless controller onto the wiring harness. I'll see if i can find a picture of it. Yours never came with that cord?

keeper-winches-kta14125-1-64_600.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Your kit never came with the male end cord? The one i bought came with the wiring harness with the eyelets and everything on the end of the wires, so all i had to do was plug the wireless controller onto the wiring harness. I'll see if i can find a picture of it. Yours never came with that cord?

keeper-winches-kta14125-1-64_600.jpg
You are correct. Just two orange fobs and the black plastic controller. I’m going to PA today to take this one back and maybe they have that model.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you find one in kamloops Doug
I got a rain cheq for the kelowna store on saturday they were all out

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
did you find one in kamloops Doug
I got a rain cheq for the kelowna store on saturday they were all out
No I didn’t Greg. I can’t find them on Amazon and I will go to the Keeper site and look.
I got directed to Home Depot and they have them. Price is only $53.00

That re-direct was to a Home Depot in Omak, Washington.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I didn’t Greg. I can’t find them on Amazon and I will go to the Keeper site and look.
I got directed to Home Depot and they have them. Price is only $53.00

That re-direct was to a Home Depot in Omak, Washington.
Amazon has other ones.

Looks like kimplex uses the same ones just adds their connector.

Attachments

• IMG_7285.png
    IMG_7285.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7284.png
    IMG_7284.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom