BC Hydro wants to raise EV charging fees

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My gmc truck wouldnt start today. Dodge did, but didnt like it much...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how long a EV battery would last doing the amount of work I did from 9pm to 5am lastnight. Definitely relied on my gas truck for safety and warm up at below -50 with the wind chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also wonder how those heat pumps are fairing out at Blatchford or any other spot in Alberta that has those, :unsure:
I’m in Revelstoke , heat pump shut itself off yesterday and switched to auxiliary heat - the giant toaster in the basement $$$

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m in Revelstoke , heat pump shut itself off yesterday and switched to auxiliary heat - the giant toaster in the basement $$$
Can you elaborate on this a bit for me, why did it shut off etc.. aux heat huh?

Not intending to de-rail this thread either just want to know more about the above and how it factors into electricity grid.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this a bit for me, why did it shut off etc.. aux heat huh?

Not intending to de-rail this thread either just want to know more about the above and how it factors into electricity grid.
When the heat pump is no longer efficient enough to meet the heating requirements it shuts down and switches to the alternate heat source that you have . In my case it’s an electric furnace . Overall we have been very happy with the heat pump after many years burning wood and oil. Revelstoke is a far cry from prairie weather though . We get a usual little stretch of cold then back to near zero temps and dumps of snow ( as you are well aware) This heat pump is a xp21 Lennox . There are even more efficient pumps available now .

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the heat pump is no longer efficient enough to meet the heating requirements it shuts down and switches to the alternate heat source that you have . In my case it’s an electric furnace . Overall we have been very happy with the heat pump after many years burning wood and oil. Revelstoke is a far cry from prairie weather though . We get a usual little stretch of cold then back to near zero temps and dumps of snow ( as you are well aware) This heat pump is a xp21 Lennox . There are even more efficient pumps available now .
Just curious, what temperature did your heat pump turn off?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Wonder how long a EV battery would last doing the amount of work I did from 9pm to 5am lastnight. Definitely relied on my gas truck for safety and warm up at below -50 with the wind chill.

They were saying on 630 ched today 35-40% less.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from yesterday (-32 to -35 and some wind)...
Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 7.10.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 7.10.51 AM.png

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And right there within that post that fella tells it like it is. I would rather ride the ski-doo to work/back then sit idle waiting for charges to happen. Rode ski-doo to work when i lived in Yellowknife and it always started even in -40 parked in parking lot.

Top Bottom