sure quiet around here lately...........

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this one has a cr intake, hood and exhaust and a light weight battery. So the weight is closer to the 850 turbo than you would think. The suspension is lighter as well. With the right clutching you don’t blow belts.
I put 2700km on my sidewinder I think that your weight number is low but none the less the problem I found is that weight is completely in one spot up front. On the really really deep days I found that the 800 cats and 850 doos get up on the snow and float where the sidewinder is kinda like a wakeboard boat they work hard, they get around but chew through piles of fuel and have to give belt more breaks. On the Nytro and Apex days they made so much trackspeed it was a non issue they could get up. They do handle amazing but after spending the last year on two strokes it will be tuff for me to go back to the big girls.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same cr resonator, 4lb lithium battery, intake, did the 250 flash daltons, think I was running 6-1 70 deg wrap with stiffer dalton spring at the end it all worked decent even had qsl lockout. My point is they do not make enough track speed to float like the 800’s in the ultra deep they are sinkers. Wasn’t just me buddy of mine experienced the same took him 2 years of riding it to believe me. I believe if you upgrade to the mcxpress 270 it would be one of the better machines around.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2018s with drop and roll are night and day ahead of your 2017 in terms of getting on the snow.

I had the same cr resonator, 4lb lithium battery, intake, did the 250 flash daltons, think I was running 6-1 70 deg wrap with stiffer dalton spring at the end it all worked decent even had qsl lockout. My point is they do not make enough track speed to float like the 800’s in the ultra deep they are sinkers. Wasn’t just me buddy of mine experienced the same took him 2 years of riding it to believe me. I believe if you upgrade to the mcxpress 270 it would be one of the better machines around.

gopherchoker

Reaction score

what would that kinda set up be worth on a new sled. Genuinely interested. Think the thing with the 850 turbo in this economy is for $300 a month you have a really decent sled. Is it sketchy going 8 years on a mountain sled YEP. But for most they sign the contract and that’s a future problem. Most don’t have the cash to build a one off custom sled. And most insurance companies are probably gonna give you a blank stare when you try to insure it for what you got into it. An 850t you can get 3 years of replacement insurance.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Your original question before all the crap...….forums in general area dying off. And I think most will understand why. Not a lot of useful information any longer. As enthusiasts a lot came to forums to get help and direction. I don't see much of that any longer. A few with knowledge carry the load and the rest just bully. Im totally surprised by one post I saw recently that didn't get many that was to promote organized sledding as a community. That's something we should all embrace and encourage as our sport is slowing more than a lot would like to admit. If we don't rally the troops for the future, there won't be a future. Hard to even imagine that but its reality. Modern day sled market peaked in 1997 went down 100k units 10 years later and another 50K 10 years after that to present day. We are losing participants quicker than we are gaining them. What are you doing to add a member?
Safe sledding.
RS
I like to pass on my experience and knowledge. Once in a while I throw out a controversial opinion(tongue in cheek). Then I stir up **** and keep people interested. We had the most forums participants in Nov.19, 2019 which is cool. I have no punch line but I feel that I give way more than receive. That’s ok tho. Karma credit has a good memory bank.

I do like to encourage and build confidence in fellow members. My posts are mostly thought out to share interesting stuff with fellow members. Whether it’s sled related, nature related or society related. I agree the forums are slowing down but the quality is kinda getting better as the Millenials are busy on insta, tick tick and whatevs. Not quite sure what the future holds but I’ll do my best promote forums. I’m old school so forums are for me. Let’s have a beer. Maybe I’ll put a big ass sticker on my sled vehicle this year. Yes, that’s what I’ll do for new members. I can check b4 and after members and see if the #’s increase. Good points RS.

RS we have met at Pemberton. I helped with CPR on the dead guy and then you and I cleared the area for the heli to land. You knelt down at the landing site to guide the heli in. Anytime your in the area, you have a lifelong sled buddy here. Just reach out and we can ride!

Anyway, after four chilly Heineken and about to smoke a fatty, y’all are gay. Bahahahaha

Last edited:

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aint this the truth, A guy cant even sell a basically new sled anymore because no one has any money... everything thats selling is at the dealer through financing. Canada as a whole is a bad scene to be a part of, and again your right... the worst is yet to come.

The only ones reaping the rewards, are those who buy a barely used sled cheap. Having recently purchased two almost new 2019s and a trailer as a package deal, from a nice older couple. They thought they would be into riding their new mountain sleds, but weren't. So with 3 short rides on them, sold them off. It was too good of a deal to pass up, even though I didn't actually want the trailer, as the trailer i had already was much nicer. So i sold the trailer, and kept the sleds. They also had two old trail sleds, basically giving them away, so I took them also. After selling the trailer, it cost me less for the two newer 2019s, than they would have paid for one. It amazes me how many people keep a truck, sled, boat, bike, or whatever only a year after spending the money to buy it brand new. Having a little bit of cash to buy their discards, is good for us buyers though.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how would the monorail work on a snow bike? I think it would be an awesome ride?
Camso has a single rail design on there snow bikes.

Attachments

• 1F5EF3EC-07A5-49CC-AA4A-C7D6C484B0E3.jpeg
    1F5EF3EC-07A5-49CC-AA4A-C7D6C484B0E3.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 249

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what would that kinda set up be worth on a new sled. Genuinely interested. Think the thing with the 850 turbo in this economy is for $300 a month you have a really decent sled. Is it sketchy going 8 years on a mountain sled YEP. But for most they sign the contract and that’s a future problem. Most don’t have the cash to build a one off custom sled. And most insurance companies are probably gonna give you a blank stare when you try to insure it for what you got into it. An 850t you can get 3 years of replacement insurance.

I think I paid $19 for my sidewinder in nov 2016. So use that price and add the big mcxpress kit another $5500 add $500 for clutch components. Battery was $350. Probably easily 25k. The new 850 turbos likely 22k out the door.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I paid $19 for my sidewinder in nov 2016. So use that price and add the big mcxpress kit another $5500 add $500 for clutch components. Battery was $350. Probably easily 25k. The new 850 turbos likely 22k out the door.
Buddy just bought the new doo with a cover and a couple other small things was 26,000 out the door.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your original question before all the crap...….forums in general area dying off. And I think most will understand why. Not a lot of useful information any longer. As enthusiasts a lot came to forums to get help and direction. I don't see much of that any longer. A few with knowledge carry the load and the rest just bully. Im totally surprised by one post I saw recently that didn't get many that was to promote organized sledding as a community. That's something we should all embrace and encourage as our sport is slowing more than a lot would like to admit. If we don't rally the troops for the future, there won't be a future. Hard to even imagine that but its reality. Modern day sled market peaked in 1997 went down 100k units 10 years later and another 50K 10 years after that to present day. We are losing participants quicker than we are gaining them. What are you doing to add a member?
Safe sledding.
RS

Thanks Randy, I couldn't agree more. Now and then I'll occasionally browse through this forum amongst all the BS and Bullying posted on here, but contribute is a waste of time. Never experienced a community that is so divisive as sledders, ……… too bad, their lost.

Like you say "Haters will Hate and Riders will Ride.....I'm Riding.
While haters will continue to bash and hate choices of brand and riding style.

Hope your having a good season, mine has been mind-blowing so far, great time with great friends. See you up there "Climbmax" (Fuji)..

Last edited:

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still can't keep up to the 711 of KC on the RMSHA circuit... Damn he can ride, gotta be a piss off to race against, wins 600 stock to Mod King...

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I agree with Randy also, this forum has gone to hell and I hardly go on it anymore, I love good information and builds but most people are not into that anymore, I did a bunch of wicked changes to my Sidewinder this year which made a HUGE difference on the handling and is the best setup to date, and it is probably easier to throw around than my old M1000 and there isn't a 2 stroke turbo that even comes close unless it is at 10 pounds plus boost ready to blow up, I just didn't post about it because it has 0 interest anymore, nothing to bash about I guess cuz the weight thing is getting old and you can't debate the awesomeness of the rest of the sled. The industry is suffering, good on Doo for releasing something awesome, I have rode it and really liked it, can it be improved, of coarse but why be a bitch about it like most keyboard heroes on here, build one, post your stuff and let the haters be haters. As for new sledders it is sad but true, I am getting my 17 year old son into the sport and maybe someday some of his buddies, lots of effort and growing pains but all worth it in the end, I encourage anyone to do so so that we can keep this sport alive!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I couldn't agree more. Now and then I'll occasionally browse through this forum amongst all the BS and Bullying posted on here, but contribute is a waste of time. Never experienced a community that is so divisive as sledders, ……… too bad, their lost.

Like you say "Haters will Hate and Riders will Ride.....I'm Riding.
While haters will continue to bash and hate choices of brand and riding style.

Hope your having a good season, mine has been mind-blowing so far, great time with great friends. See you up there "Climbmax" (Fuji)..

i dont really agree with this, if someone has a question everyone on here does their best to answer it. with the exception of 2-3 users we all know each other and would ride with anyone on the forum. Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill. i started this thread for a laugh. i spent my entire sunday volunteering for the local club as im sure many on here do. The weekend before that i spent riding with cats and polaris snowmobiles. Because dispite how "divvisive" you think this forum is, when we are on the snow none of us care whos riding what. Dont take everything you read on the internet straight to your heart bud. its going to be ok. we are all friends, knowledgeable good people that ride.

Top Bottom