sure quiet around here lately...........

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who you are trying to convince. This sled works the way skeedue said it would.So far there have been no issues or there would be ten threads on here about it.Sounds like a winner to me.
I'm not trying to convince anyone - I'm stating facts - the simple fact that it's a zero boost machine from 0-8000ft - it's probably an awesome machine for sure - I'm a Doo guy - I'm not knocking it - so many people think it's a 0-4lb boosted machine - but it's not - anyone that thinks it is - is clueless - that's the Paul Harvey

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to convince anyone - I'm stating facts - the simple fact that it's a zero boost machine from 0-8000ft - it's probably an awesome machine for sure - I'm a Doo guy - I'm not knocking it - so many people think it's a 0-4lb boosted machine - but it's not - anyone that thinks it is - is clueless - that's the Paul Harvey

Well skidoo says the race turbo 850 is 7lbs. Guess your smarter than them.
No point in having a turbo than if the manifold pressure is at 0”hg vacuum pressure at WOT on a NA engine, regardless of altitude.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well skidoo says the race turbo 850 is 7lbs. Guess your smarter than them.
No point in having a turbo than if the manifold pressure is at 0”hg vacuum pressure at WOT on a NA engine, regardless of altitude.
I'm stating the fact that the STOCK Doo turbo is a zero psi machine over and above 14.7 in the manifold - I'm not saying I'm smarter than anyone - I'm thinking we need to start a thread called : boost pressure 101 - but I'm done - once again I've run out patience on this one

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm stating the fact that the STOCK Doo turbo is a zero psi machine over and above 14.7 in the manifold - I'm not saying I'm smarter than anyone - I'm thinking we need to start a thread called : boost pressure 101 - but I'm done - once again I've run out patience on this one

Well first off if any engine intake manifold has 14.7” of atmospheric pressure in it. Your not having any fun at all. Lol

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well first off if any engine intake manifold has 14.7” of atmospheric pressure in it. Your not having any fun at all. Lol
It's not as fun as 26.7psi in the manifold that's for sure - been there done that - drop

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, No I was bored and having fun with some inaccuracies with a posters theory.
The spinning thingy on the exhaust works and the boost makes for more smiles per gallon.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys fighting?

Each of them is looking at two different gauges hooked to the same sled and yelling at each other that they don't read the same....;)

Absolute pressure!
Nah fahk you Manifold Pressure
Nah fahk you Absolute Pressure

One of them is wrong but I'm not gonna step in and ruin the fun. LOL

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each of them is looking at two different gauges hooked to the same sled and yelling at each other that they don't read the same....;)

Absolute pressure!

One of them is wrong but I'm not gonna step in and ruin the fun. LOL

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is known as one thing "absolute manifold pressure" on a 2 stroke snowmobile - the stock turbo Doo maintains 14.7 psi of absolute manifold pressure at sea level and through to 8000ft hence the 165hp from zero to 8000ft - BOOST GAUGES are calibrated to sea level - a boost gauge will only register BOOST if it is over and above 14.7psi - comprehenday? It's so simple - I said it before and I'll say it again - it's a zero boost machine - you will lose a few lbs of pressure on elevation climb - the spinny thing will maintain the pressure and pump the few lbs in the manifold to maintain the wonderful 14.7psi - also maintaining the 165hp - just because the spinny thing pumps 3lbs into the manifold to maintain the 14.7 - does not mean it's pushing 3lbs like an aftermarket kit with a 3lb spring in the wastegate - the 3lb spring is calibrated at 14.7 - it will release pressure at 17.7psi - please for the love of baby jesus wrap your entire brain around this simple simple fact - just because your wonderful little ears are hearing the spooly spinny sh*t does not make any of these simple oh so God damn simple facts change

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is known as one thing "absolute manifold pressure" on a 2 stroke snowmobile - the stock turbo Doo maintains 14.7 psi of absolute manifold pressure at sea level and through to 8000ft hence the 165hp from zero to 8000ft - BOOST GAUGES are calibrated to sea level - a boost gauge will only register BOOST if it is over and above 14.7psi - comprehenday? It's so simple - I said it before and I'll say it again - it's a zero boost machine - you will lose a few lbs of pressure on elevation climb - the spinny thing will maintain the pressure and pump the few lbs in the manifold to maintain the wonderful 14.7psi - also maintaining the 165hp - just because the spinny thing pumps 3lbs into the manifold to maintain the 14.7 - does not mean it's pushing 3lbs like an aftermarket kit with a 3lb spring in the wastegate - the 3lb spring is calibrated at 14.7 - it will release pressure at 17.7psi - please for the love of baby jesus wrap your entire brain around this simple simple fact - just because your wonderful little ears are hearing the spooly spinny sh*t does not make any of these simple oh so God damn simple facts change

If boost gauges are calibrated to sea level, then why don't boost gauges read negative pressure above sea level then? Every boost gauge I have ever owned would read 0 PSI at any elevation with the engine not running. Boost is any pressure above atmospheric pressure at whatever elevation you might be at.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So why does the stock skidoo at 0 Psi beat a silber at 5 lbs manifold pressure?

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people buy this factory Turbo (and other stock sleds) so they don't have to give a chit what any gauges are at (no need for boost or AF info). Fuel,oil and clean the clutches every couple weekends-go. After market chit is fine if you like your hood open adjusting all the time. SkiDoo gauges are puny so we ride,not wrench. Same people with mods keep repeating same info-why theirs is better.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why does the stock skidoo at 0 Psi beat a silber at 5 lbs manifold pressure?
Because the silber kit probably isn't setup properly - infinite number of reasons - too many variables to compare like that - only proper way to test that is on a dyno

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most people buy this factory Turbo (and other stock sleds) so they don't have to give a chit what any gauges are at (no need for boost or AF info). Fuel,oil and clean the clutches every couple weekends-go. After market chit is fine if you like your hood open adjusting all the time. SkiDoo gauges are puny so we ride,not wrench. Same people with mods keep repeating same info-why theirs is better.
I'm saying IF someone put a boost gauge on one - even just temporary - even just a very simple little cheap koso boost gauge - just for a minute - little game called put the gauge on just for a minute - it's going to register ZERO - that's all I want people to get registered in their thick skulls - that's it that's all - I don't care about how much better my high boost kit is - it should be better I've spent an insane amount of money on my machine - but that's neither here nor there

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the local boys with bd kits are still whooping on the stock 850t around here
and one of them has 3500 kms never been touched

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the local boys with bd kits are still whooping on the stock 850t around here
and one of them has 3500 kms never been touched
Absolutely - and they will because they are pushing 19.7psi +/- to the manifold - not 14.7 all the time

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares? the sled chews! and doesn't look like your dirty banana. winwin

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    343.1 KB · Views: 170
Top Bottom