sure quiet around here lately...........

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm saying IF someone put a boost gauge on one - even just temporary - even just a very simple little cheap koso boost gauge - just for a minute - little game called put the gauge on just for a minute - it's going to register ZERO - that's all I want people to get registered in their thick skulls - that's it that's all - I don't care about how much better my high boost kit is - it should be better I've spent an insane amount of money on my machine - but that's neither here nor there

Your making me question a few things with this statement. I agree atmospheric pressure is 100ish kpa at sea level and at 8000 feet drops to 10.3psi(70kpa). 4 psi closely matches that pressure drop of 30kpa at elevation. So to maintain your 100 kpa 14.7psi absolute you need to add 4psi(30kpa) in the manifold to the suction pressure at turbo intake (70kpa)to get you back up to that absolute pressure total of 14.7psi/100kpa. This tells me your for sure going to see 4 psi on turbo discharge @ 8000feet.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your making me question a few things with this statement. I agree atmospheric pressure is 100ish kpa at sea level and at 8000 feet drops to 10.3psi(70kpa). 4 psi closely matches that pressure drop of 30kpa at elevation. So to maintain your 100 kpa 14.7psi absolute you need to add 4psi(30kpa) in the manifold to the suction pressure at turbo intake (70kpa)to get you back up to that absolute pressure total of 14.7psi/100kpa. This tells me your for sure going to see 4 psi on turbo discharge @ 8000feet.
Yes the stock turbo is going to put out roughly 4psi to maintain the 14.7 in the manifold and the 165 hp - but since a BOOST gauge is calibrated at 14.7psi it AIN'T gonna register FA - I emphasize BOOST because BOOST is any psi over and above 14.7 psi - I'm sitting right now at my house - 2000ft - my digital boost gauge koso x2 is reading negative 0.5 - because that is roughly what I'm gonna see for pressure - could figure it out mathematically - baro pressure at my house is about 14lbs give or take - x2 only registers in point 5's - like I said - there is an astronomical number of people that don't understand this - Hell even BD doesn't understand it - but that's a whole different ball of wax - some people think I'm dumb - but I'm actually very smart -and so are the old boys that i talk to on the regular

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think people here are confusing absolute pressure and guage pressure.

Turbo only makes 4psi guage but maintains 14.696 psi absolute up to 8000ft.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm still not sure who you are trying to convince ???? You sound like you are arguing with yourself.
it is known as one thing "absolute manifold pressure" on a 2 stroke snowmobile - the stock turbo Doo maintains 14.7 psi of absolute manifold pressure at sea level and through to 8000ft hence the 165hp from zero to 8000ft - BOOST GAUGES are calibrated to sea level - a boost gauge will only register BOOST if it is over and above 14.7psi - comprehenday? It's so simple - I said it before and I'll say it again - it's a zero boost machine - you will lose a few lbs of pressure on elevation climb - the spinny thing will maintain the pressure and pump the few lbs in the manifold to maintain the wonderful 14.7psi - also maintaining the 165hp - just because the spinny thing pumps 3lbs into the manifold to maintain the 14.7 - does not mean it's pushing 3lbs like an aftermarket kit with a 3lb spring in the wastegate - the 3lb spring is calibrated at 14.7 - it will release pressure at 17.7psi - please for the love of baby jesus wrap your entire brain around this simple simple fact - just because your wonderful little ears are hearing the spooly spinny sh*t does not make any of these simple oh so God damn simple facts change

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure who you are trying to convince ???? You sound like you are arguing with yourself.
If you read the comments - I'm responding to other people's comments - I'm far from arguing with anyone - stating facts - trying to help people understand - helping people understand that this stock turbo Doo is not a 4lb boosted machine over and above 14.7 - there is a HUGE difference from 14.7 in the Manifold and 18.7 in the manifold probably like 20-30hp would need a dyno to know the exact hp difference - that's all I'm saying - trying to help people realize the difference between zero boosted machine @ 165hp and a 4lb boosted machine @ 190hp

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
If you read the comments - I'm responding to other people's comments - I'm far from arguing with anyone - stating facts - trying to help people understand - helping people understand that this stock turbo Doo is not a 4lb boosted machine over and above 14.7 - there is a HUGE difference from 14.7 in the Manifold and 18.7 in the manifold probably like 20-30hp would need a dyno to know the exact hp difference - that's all I'm saying - trying to help people realize the difference between zero boosted machine @ 165hp and a 4lb boosted machine @ 190hp

Okay,,,,
Boosted, smoosheded, maney fold pressure, absolute pressure, etc.
My understanding is that I will get 165hp up to 8000 ft... RIGHT?

Who cares anymore?

It works. Just go buy one and tell me what you think and report on that PLEASE!

Carry on with my snowcheck? Cancel my snowcheck?

No one was promised a 190 hp sled. It was advertised as as a 165 hp.

Wonder bread, Old Mill, fresh baked!!!!!! Still white bread no matter how you slice it.
Of course ypu could buy Brown. LOL....

We get it.
Let it go man...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Ummm....pretty sure this thing is advertised as a 165hp machine...

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im happy with the 165 hp at 8000 ft,
checkbox7.jpg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it is advertised as a 165hp machine - I think I would be better off explaining this to people in person - it's really easy to misinterpret - but ya I'm done - I'm over it - there's no reasoning with the unreasonable

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it is advertised as a 165hp machine - I think I would be better off explaining this to people in person - it's really easy to misinterpret - but ya I'm done - I'm over it - there's no reasoning with the unreasonable
Did any chemical engineers get back to you about filler in 50:1 XPS oil?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too much BOOST.

Not enough manifold pressure. Or to much pressure.

Just kidding....
Poor oil xps - probably wouldn't have happened if they were running this oil - they are gonna run the shellbourne oil now - odometer had 5200 miles on her - but who knows if it was original motor or not - it had an etec jug on a ptec - 1st time I seen that 1

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kingcat162 love your posts.
Will ride with ya anytime.
Happy repairs.

Ya buddy - always repairing around here - one of these days I gotta figure out what's goin on with the dirty banana - might have a cracked cylinder wall from too much boost - not sure yet - just speculating - the way I talk on here is how I talk in person too zero f*ks given - toothless crazy Canadian - I hope I see u out there man - we will bend it and send it

Top Bottom