sure quiet around here lately...........

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares? the sled chews! and doesn't look like your dirty banana. winwin
Suck it - my dirty just destroys any 850 Doo turbo - looks don't matter to this guy - it's a win for me when I'm catching air off the top of the climb while my buddies 850 BD is still at the middle of the climb

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each of them is looking at two different gauges hooked to the same sled and yelling at each other that they don't read the same....;)

Absolute pressure!
Nah fahk you Manifold Pressure
Nah fahk you Absolute Pressure

One of them is wrong but I'm not gonna step in and ruin the fun. LOL

It is kinda fun. Wondering how he thinks a engine has atmospheric pressure in the intake when it’s running.

I actually do not care if the boost gauge is a absolute reading gauge or a “gauge”reading.

Engine theory is still the same.

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is kinda fun. Wondering how he thinks a engine has atmospheric pressure in the intake when it’s running.

I actually do not care if the boost gauge is a absolute reading gauge or a “gauge”reading.

Engine theory is still the same.
Cmon like really - I'm 40 years old and have been working on small engines since I was 16 - don't be such a

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If boost gauges are calibrated to sea level, then why don't boost gauges read negative pressure above sea level then? Every boost gauge I have ever owned would read 0 PSI at any elevation with the engine not running. Boost is any pressure above atmospheric pressure at whatever elevation you might be at.
Maybe gauges should be showing +4lbs of pressure at 8000ft then hey - wow - why do you think the zero mark on a liquid filled gauge is so wide

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kingcat162 reminds me of the old plumber that used to run the old hardware store here in Fernie.

I went in and asked where he kept the HOSE Clamps...he pretended he didn't know what a HOSE Clamp was and insisted I describe it in detail. After my description, he said...Oh, you want a SCREW clamp.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boost.jpg

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Semantics is the study of meaning in context; it's the investigation of how words, phrases and sentences evoke concepts and ideas in our minds. As we learn language, we attach meanings to words by learning what objects and concepts each word refers to. "'It's just semantics' is a common retort people use when arguing their point. What they mean is that their argument or opinion is more valid than the other person's. It's a way to be dismissive of language itself as carrier for ideas. It implies that ideas and arguments can be separated from the words and phrases used to encode those ideas. The irony, of course, is that the words and phrases we use are the ideas. There is no way to communicate a complex argument or message without language. Language and thought are completely interconnected. In fact, words shape concepts and can lead to drastically different understandings of the same thing. For example, inheritance taxes can be called 'death taxes' or 'estate taxes.' These two political phrases frame the same tax law in drastically different ways. Semantics really matters."

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's some antics makes me wanna I'm over it - need to know where is the best spot to start a thread called "you people need to understand pressure"

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200227/1b0dbfd60796c3fb386e94004c000589.jpg

I have more manifold pressure and go higher then you guys !!
So kiss it .
I may or may not have been shown a picture like that by a well known sledder who passed away not too long ago. An ex-army chopper rigged to hold a snow bike on each side. That said sledder got to ride terrain that hasn't seen or heard motorized vehicles before ever. Possible first humans to step in the snow there as well...

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen that chopper with 2 snowbikes on it. in blue river. pretty sweet i must say

Top Bottom