sure quiet around here lately...........

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what's better about this oil over say XPS?
Xps oil is $65 (approx) for a 3.78L jug & it's a 50:1 oil - 50 to 1 oil means 50% lube and 50% fillers - the shellbourne oil is also 100% synthetic - it smells better when it's burnt - it's $55/jug and the jug is 4.546L - more for less - and it's a 100:1 oil - which means it's 100% lube ZERO fillers - it's a no brainer - the hardest part is having an open mind and be willing to try something better even tho deep down you think the dealer oil is the best because it's "designed for it " - I don't swallow the dealership and Tony Jenkins xps oil garbage - if you ever owned a stand up jet ski with 195 psi of compression and ran the amsoil saber at 100:1 you will understand the difference between a fantastic oil and a mediocre oil - amsoil saber is $16@napa for a 32oz bottle - I'm more of a crazy toothless Canadian that knows things from real world experiences - I'm not forced by a certain dealer like Polaris or cat or Doo to push their oil that is so called "designed for it" - oh and also if your machine is boosted and you are wanting the dealer to crank up your oiler - if you run a 100 to 1 oil - the oil cranking is unnecessary

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xps oil is $65 (approx) for a 3.78L jug & it's a 50:1 oil - 50 to 1 oil means 50% lube and 50% fillers - the shellbourne oil is also 100% synthetic - it smells better when it's burnt - it's $55/jug and the jug is 4.546L - more for less - and it's a 100:1 oil - which means it's 100% lube ZERO fillers - it's a no brainer - the hardest part is having an open mind and be willing to try something better even tho deep down you think the dealer oil is the best because it's "designed for it " - I don't swallow the dealership and Tony Jenkins xps oil garbage - if you ever owned a stand up jet ski with 195 psi of compression and ran the amsoil saber at 100:1 you will understand the difference between a fantastic oil and a mediocre oil - amsoil saber is $16@napa for a 32oz bottle - I'm more of a crazy toothless Canadian that knows things from real world experiences - I'm not forced by a certain dealer like Polaris or cat or Doo to push their oil that is so called "designed for it" - oh and also if your machine is boosted and you are wanting the dealer to crank up your oiler - if you run a 100 to 1 oil - the oil cranking is unnecessary
Isn't the XPS 2T now 100% synthetic?

https://xpslubricants.com/ca_en/oils-lubricants/snowmobile/2t-e-tec-synthetic-oil#product-details

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read as much stuff online about a 100:1 oil and a 50:1 oil as you can - read forums on jet skis I'm talking stand ups not those gawd damn couches on water - a stand up jet ski gets abused like a motherf*ker like a snowmobile at eagles pass in sicamous - mostly everyone that hops them b*tches up in Florida and California run a 100:1 oil - and it's for a reason

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is a damn good oil - but it costs a fortune
781cc819f12b203ad147afcf39f58a95.jpg

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Questions.

1. Is it also compatible for premix in dirt bikes?

2. Good for outboards?

3. How dirty is it for gumming up power valves?
Man I hate oils that gum up the damn power valves.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Questions.

1. Is it also compatible for premix in dirt bikes?

2. Good for outboards?

3. How dirty is it for gumming up power valves?
Man I hate oils that gum up the damn power valves.
Are you asking these questions about the amsoil saber?

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How different does the winder ride with the rail? What is the 850 lacking aside from pure hp? Just a ride/handling report I guess.
After running turbo sleds for the last 10 years the 850 feels lacklustre. The alpha winder handles like no other four stroke and is probably within 50-60lb of the 850. Way more reliable as well. The alpha winder put a huge grin on my face for the whole time I was on it. The 850 not so much. These new sidewinders aren’t the heavy pigs they used to be. And the alpha kit makes it even better.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After running turbo sleds for the last 10 years the 850 feels lacklustre. The alpha winder handles like no other four stroke and is probably within 50-60lb of the 850. Way more reliable as well. The alpha winder put a huge grin on my face for the whole time I was on it. The 850 not so much. These new sidewinders aren’t the heavy pigs they used to be. And the alpha kit makes it even better.

How does the alpha winder compare to a stock sidewinder? I currently have a Baker skid in mine but have been thinking about the Alpha conversion for a bit, just wasn't sure how it would handle 250hp.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think it’s quiet now just wait. How sad is it right now that we have dealerships packing it in, we have degenerates blocking roads and railways. We have a **** economy with no end in site. There’s no monster builds happening now. This factory turbo release has been a breath of fresh air in the sledding world. I got to ride one and I loved it. Smooth power and hooked up very well. I know two big groups that drive to bc every winter to ride. Mcbride and vale. Multiple times. None have went this year and it doesn’t look like they will. It’s going to get worse. The cost of sleds will not go down. Insurance will not go down. It’s not a good scene right now. Why would any manufacturer get excite to release when numbers have been dropping and continue to drop.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I put 2700km on my sidewinder I think that your weight number is low but none the less the problem I found is that weight is completely in one spot up front. On the really really deep days I found that the 800 cats and 850 doos get up on the snow and float where the sidewinder is kinda like a wakeboard boat they work hard, they get around but chew through piles of fuel and have to give belt more breaks. On the Nytro and Apex days they made so much trackspeed it was a non issue they could get up. They do handle amazing but after spending the last year on two strokes it will be tuff for me to go back to the big girls.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you think it’s quiet now just wait. How sad is it right now that we have dealerships packing it in, we have degenerates blocking roads and railways. We have a **** economy with no end in site. There’s no monster builds happening now. This factory turbo release has been a breath of fresh air in the sledding world. I got to ride one and I loved it. Smooth power and hooked up very well. I know two big groups that drive to bc every winter to ride. Mcbride and vale. Multiple times. None have went this year and it doesn’t look like they will. It’s going to get worse. The cost of sleds will not go down. Insurance will not go down. It’s not a good scene right now. Why would any manufacturer get excite to release when numbers have been dropping and continue to drop.

Aint this the truth, A guy cant even sell a basically new sled anymore because no one has any money... everything thats selling is at the dealer through financing. Canada as a whole is a bad scene to be a part of, and again your right... the worst is yet to come.

Top Bottom