STACKS on trucks!

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Here we go, a whole thread dediczted to the issue of stacks: are they gay? are they a performance mod? do they keep exhaust crap of your trailer? BLAH BLAH BLAH

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Stacks on drag trucks, sled pull trucks, etc etc. Awesome, very useful.

Stacks on trucks that dont even roll coal, useless. Gay? No. But useless.

Stacks on a gas truck, gay.

That's my point of view.

-Posted with my iPhone.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like them, and i have one on my truck. The boys at the track asked if some of the regular faster trucks would put them on.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on the truck.... If a dodge is done up right they don't look to bad, ford it just sounds nice... But I wouldn't put them on my truck

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
209802_700b.jpg

Pretty sure stacks and white oakleys will both make the list

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
""A straight piped diesel Rollin coal will make anything you tow/anything behind you black. Stacks eliminate that. Also, shorter route for the exhaust to travel"" taken from the other thread quote from 09FORDFx4

NOT, unless your stack is 5 feet above your trailer, other than that when the exhaust comes out the STACK, the wind (60mph headon) is going to blow the exhaust right onto your trailer.

Shorter route: NOT, unless you are going out the hood. ALSO, you are making your exhaust take a 90 degree turn,for more resistants, vs. the normal route of travel

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so GAY that some guys try to say it is a performance mod trying to defend their closet hiding bat for the wrong teamness. if it is in fact a worthwhile looking gay performance mod lets see the dyno sheet to prove it apples to apples except stacks to a good exhaust system.
and if you use the excuse it keeps the black off the side of your trailer your gayer, all it does is move it to the top corner.

09FordFx4

Reaction score
If it's not beneficial towards performance, then why the phuk do all sled pull trucks, drag trucks, etc. Run stacks?

Shorter route, thicker pipe, less back pressure.

-Posted with my iPhone.

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are more gay than the gayest truck mod ever your like arkansas blind drunk at the moonshine still kinda gay friggin keybourd but spankin queer lickers

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's not beneficial towards performance, then why the phuk do all sled pull trucks, drag trucks, etc. Run stacks?

-Posted with my iPhone.

because 90% of the sled pull street units are pavement pricesses anyways so they are just trying for max GAY factor than they already have with their 12" lift and 40" tires that have never seen wet pavement let alone mud.
just sayin
they do not add any performance gain, if it does i will believe it when i see the actual dyno sheets.
less back pressure does not always mean more power either

in your professional opinion which flows better a single 3" or dual 2" exhaust?
just askin
does not really matter anyways stacks on a pick up are gayer than two naked guys in a hot tub alone.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are more gay than the gayest truck mod ever your like arkansas blind drunk at the moonshine still kinda gay friggin keybourd but spankin queer lickers

i am guessing you have stacks on your chevette

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

-Posted with my iPhone.

Shorter pipe? A standard exhaust might be 12-24" longer than a stack out the box. plus the last 24" of exhasut is straight anyways

I wonder if most of it doesn't have to do with a safety factor due to them blacking out the staging area with a standard exhaust while trying to spool the turbo. With a stack it doesn't hang around the ground.

I forget the numbers but i believe you need to be over 600hp to make it beneficial to run a 5" exhaust over a 4". So i'm guessing you'd need 800+hp to make it worth it to run a stack straight out of the hood, as far as out of the box it's useless

Top Bottom