SPRING FEVER, what are you going to choose?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome to hear that SnoPro
Thanks for pushing for the consumers and thank you BRP

I guess you know Smitty well eh
Went to school with that old dog back in Manitoba and we still talk often

He is a great guy and friend

Birdie
I think I may actually know you now that I put 2 and 2 together with your site name? Is this Bob S? We may have met many moons ago on a ride and Smitty still tells me stories about you. Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They need to have the 3 year with shot to make me happy. I would be willing to pay the difference between the electric start and shot to do this. I guarantee this would be the most popular option.

Now this makes the shot look more like $750 more to get.... i think i might do an e start now.......crap
You make a great point! Maybe 3 years warranty and Shot for $250? Maybe we should be working for marketing? Lol.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You make a great point! Maybe 3 years warranty and Shot for $250? Maybe we should be working for marketing? Lol.

I went on the doo site and actually played around building some sleds of different models....one thing that jumped out was how expensive to add the SHOT to a sled.....about $750 if I remember correctly. I am probably in the minority that I don't see the value in extended warranty but would be great to have a choice between either more warranty or just the 1 year and use the extra $$$ on accessories? Bear in mind I have never snow checked so I may be out too lunch on some things. I would add to it there's probably a reason I haven't and I would say mainly I don't see the value in It? Maybe I just expected more incentives to order early and pay retail ? These are just questions and totally not trying to hinder any dealerships snowchecks by posting.

Thanks

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went on the doo site and actually played around building some sleds of different models....one thing that jumped out was how expensive to add the SHOT to a sled.....about $750 if I remember correctly. I am probably in the minority that I don't see the value in extended warranty but would be great to have a choice between either more warranty or just the 1 year and use the extra $$$ on accessories? Bear in mind I have never snow checked so I may be out too lunch on some things. I would add to it there's probably a reason I haven't and I would say mainly I don't see the value in It? Maybe I just expected more incentives to order early and pay retail ? These are just questions and totally not trying to hinder any dealerships snowchucks by posting.

Thanks
You do have the option to take 1 year warranty and $750 worth of accessories but I am pretty sure you can't use it to buy SHOT?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I think I may actually know you now that I put 2 and 2 together with your site name? Is this Bob S? We may have met many moons ago on a ride and Smitty still tells me stories about you. Lol.

Alright thats enough. Stop trying to scoop me Ken. Get your own Bob. I worked too hard for this one.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Ken we met on that Revy ride back in 2006 I think, Time flies when your riding a Doo
Doo you have a private quoting system where Trent cannot see the numbers

You probably bye lunch once in awhile as well, I come to your town at least 7 times a year

Shh TRENT is listening :d

Birdie

Even old Guys fly

Attachments

• A38P1343 FB.jpg
    A38P1343 FB.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 251

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Ken we met on that Revy ride back in 2006 I think, Time flies when your riding a Doo
Doo you have a private quoting system where Trent cannot see the numbers

You probably bye lunch once in awhile as well, I come to your town at least 7 times a year

Shh TRENT is listening :d

Birdie

Even old Guys fly
Yep I remember that ride. Glad you are well taken care of. Not every salesman gives away free pens. Lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Yep I remember that ride. Glad you are well taken care of. Not every salesman gives away free pens. Lol

That's right! They don't! Lol. Nothing's private with BRP bob... don't ever forget that....

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The $750 for SHOT really isn't that much more than the e-start with the pull start added as back up the way I see it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The $750 for SHOT really isn't that much more than the e-start with the pull start added as back up the way I see it.

Manual start is free....as in a $0 charge. That makes adding shot is $750......definitely an ouch no matter how you try to reason the math.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manual start is free....as in a $0 charge. That makes adding shot is $750......definitely an ouch no matter how you try to reason the math.
Not when you get the e-start. She's a $200 add on to get the pull rope with e-start unless they changed that this year, which I doubt.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not when you get the e-start. She's a $200 add on to get the pull rope with e-start unless they changed that this year, which I doubt.

From their website 'build a sled' I am UNABLE to choose manual and regular electric start in conjunction with each other? If you can order both and it costs more than $500 over the base sled then you are paying twice for the pull rope( as it shows 0 charge to MSRP originally )....that or electric start isn't actually a $500 cost as I see it but more like $700 if your numbers are accurate. Their pricing system seems confusing to me. Either way you slice it......SHOT is $750 over MSRP.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From their website 'build a sled' I am UNABLE to choose manual and regular electric start in conjunction with each other? If you can order both and it costs more than $500 over the base sled then you are paying twice for the pull rope( as it shows 0 charge to MSRP originally )....that or electric start isn't actually a $500 cost as I see it but more like $700 if your numbers are accurate. Their pricing system seems confusing to me. Either way you slice it......SHOT is $750 over MSRP.
Yeah I'm not going off their site, just experience from past snowchecks. When going with the e-start one has to add the pull start and handle bracket as an accessory to have both e-start and manual start. With the SHOT system one still gets the manual start.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not going off their site, just experience from past snowchecks. When going with the e-start one has to add the pull start and handle bracket as an accessory to have both e-start and manual start. With the SHOT system one still gets the manual start.

Then Trudeau isn't the only Frenchman bending us over. Thanks for the info.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nt sure why you need pull start when you have e start. I've never had to pull one yet. Expect the e start to work same as in your car. Don't have a manual back up on those.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then Trudeau isn't the only Frenchman bending us over. Thanks for the info.
Hahah, yeah. I'd double check with a salesman to be sure that it is still setup that way. It's been that way for a number of years, I'd be surprised if it has changed.

I'd be willing to bet the SHOT staring system will be the new electric start next year with the incorporation of a new battery design.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Estart models do not come with a rewind starter guys. Has been this way for a few years now. The rewind starter kit out of the PAC catalogue is around $200 if you want to add it at a later date. The handle is situated behind the panel as the panel is different on an estart model to a manual start model from the factory so you can't have it exposed unless you buy another side panel.

Top Bottom