Snowmobile Warranty Options and Recommendations

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So you’re saying there’s non-reputable BRP dealers…?
Just one that will review the document and give you the straight goods. I find that some dealers don't give you the time of day.
Maybe I should of said your trusted dealer, that would of been better, my bad.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine had 3 years BRP on it from the original owner. I put another 3 years aftermarket on it before that expired. Never heard anything about a max claim value though......:noidea:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one that will review the document and give you the straight goods. I find that some dealers don't give you the time of day.
Maybe I should of said your trusted dealer, that would of been better, my bad.
I stopped by my dealer and they ran the vin. Verified. This 23 turbo freeride has Best warranty to Dec 2026.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Talked with service manager at Martins yesterday. He said that aftermarket warranty has responded well with the claims lately. And recommended this for my use and he said it would most likely be my best bet. I'll set a reminder on my phone for 45 days prior to expiry of my warranty and go that direction. Thanks for all your comments.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of you are forgetting how the sled was bought, if the sled is a snow check back out than BRP takes the extra warranty away and the new owner pays for the extra three years, because it only has one year of warranty brand new.

If the sled is a snocheck and was purchased by the snochecker, it has 1 year of warranty, and one year of best, with the option of buying two more years of best warranty.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with service manager at Martins yesterday. He said that aftermarket warranty has responded well with the claims lately. And recommended this for my use and he said it would most likely be my best bet. I'll set a reminder on my phone for 45 days prior to expiry of my warranty and go that direction. Thanks for all your comments.
So do you buy the warranty from the dealer or else where?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Some of you are forgetting how the sled was bought, if the sled is a snow check back out than BRP takes the extra warranty away and the new owner pays for the extra three years, because it only has one year of warranty brand new.

If the sled is a snocheck and was purchased by the snochecker, it has 1 year of warranty, and one year of best, with the option of buying two more years of best warranty.
BRP will only offer 1 additional year so up to 3 from purchase, 2 years of best only on Turbo models. $50 deductible

Aftermarket is 4 year - 30 days prior to expiry of warranty with $100 deductible

Top Bottom