rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yep Lem. Us old guys need warranty more than the sled does. 😂
Yep, agreed

If I add the best warranty for the next season I’m still stuck to add the other one so the additional cost of 2500 for next season then 2500 for the next 4 years and I sell the sled after 2 more seasons. If all goes good and I presume it will. I need to look at options too. I can keep the cash and stick it in a GIC however when I sell the sled it’s nice to have warranty too. So much to think about. Well I got till mid September to make a decision anyway.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a honda motorcycle last year and they had a 7 year bumper too bumper unlimited milage warranty package...

The price was right so I snagged it...

Run it for 6 years then sell it with the 1 year remaining...

That way the new owner gets peace of mind...

Fully transferrible at no cost,,, and its directly threw Honda them selves...

Win win...

Zero mods and don't cross the lake... lol

Unless its frozen of course...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So extended warranty is $2500.
Only covers $5000.
Engine blows you need $10000 to fix it. You will have spent $7500 for your engine.
Maxwell says the engine is good for 5000 km. Now don’t take this the wrong way but that engine will last 5000 km with a fair bit of wide open throttle, your health does not let you ride like that anymore. Your sled will not blow up in the next 4 years. Save your money, ride your sled and enjoy it. 3 years from now when you go to sell it you can reduce your price by $2500 from all the other suckers that bought extended warranty and it will sell first.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I give up explaining this,

1 more time,

BEST warranty for 1 more year on my 2023 Turbo R is $ 2400 full coverage, max they will cover on the turbo is 1 more year.

or

Aftermarket for 4 additional years is $2500 but,
that covers maximum $ 10K in the 4 years, and maximum 5K per repair.

I have lower milage as I had a stroke on Nov 19 and only went sledding once a few weeks ago. so under 800 km. I'll ride more next season.

What would be your choice.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

1 more time,

BEST warranty for 1 more year on my 2023 Turbo R is $ 2400 full coverage, max they will cover on the turbo is 1 more year.

or

I have lower milage as I had a stroke on Nov 19 and only went sledding once a few weeks ago. so under 800 km. I'll ride more next season.

I would keep my money and ride it. Like you I have a 23 turbor and with some health issues only rode it three times this past season. Plan to ride it a lot more next year and not take the BEST warranty they offered me for 1500

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

1 more time,

or

If those are the options, I'd take the aftermarket.

Not thinking the one year of warranty is worth the gamble for that price.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

1 more time,

or

If I knew I wasn't upgrading sleds, in the next 4 years, I would go with the aftermarket. (probably non transferable)

If I knew I was upgrading in the next 2 years, I would go with BEST

I've ridden with you in the summer and know what you can doo to a machine in a weekend lol.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If I knew I wasn't upgrading sleds, in the next 4 years, I would go with the aftermarket. (probably non transferable)

If I knew I was upgrading in the next 2 years, I would go with BEST

I've ridden with you in the summer and know what you can doo to a machine in a weekend lol.
I need to look into if that aftermarket warranty is transferable if its not Its a different playing field here.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im amazed by the dif in quotes for warrenty here is mine from my dealer and a explanation on some questions i had

Attachments

• IMG_4674.jpeg
    IMG_4674.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 48

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Im amazed by the dif in quotes for warrenty here is mine from my dealer and a explanation on some questions i had
Is that the N/A sled or the TurboR. On the turboR, BRP is not offering a 2 year extension on the existing 2 years it came with.
Mine came with 2 year warranty I wish I can get 2 year extension though BRP BEST, cant. Can only get aftermarket warranty. Ive called other dealers now as well and I hear the same from 2 other Alberta BRP dealers.

The TurboR is a lot more risk for warranty department and there is a lot more pricy parts to fix or replace.

Top Bottom