SPRING FEVER, what are you going to choose?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then you my friend are the first I have met that is able to break even on used recreational vehicles.....I have bought many many used *toys* and most times I have had to take the check with old owner to the bank to transfer title and the outstanding loan was owing more than the sale price of the sled. Fun costs money. Cheers

Its called pay the differnce bro, I do it every season....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
From the Skidoo.ca website, build and price, this is what I came up with. No talkie to dealer, salesman, nor whomever.................that will come shortly.

2018 Summit X 850 eTec:

$14,699 Basic price
$15,199 ES (a $500 increase)
$15,699 3" track (a $500 increase)
$16,199 165" frame option (a $500 increase)

As per site with transportation, PDI, and taxes not included. This is in the ball park of last year. Did I miss something? This is a long way from the $20,000 some are grumbling about.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Im kind of disappointed two things in the programs so far... 1. No 165 pull start in season?? That was only the highest selling sled last year.... lets turf it. I wont even get started on that decision.2. The program options! I have a LOT of customers that take the e-start as most of them upgrade every two years... Also I have quite a few that wish to throw the warranty in the garbage all together..Turbo..etc... They dont really have an option that makes it worth while to do that this year.... Granted its the same as every other year if you go pull start and dont care about warranty your only saving 250$.... and throwing away a year of warranty for that much is NOT smart. But if you are the guy planning to do a turbo or anything with a shot or e start.. Or you want to save yourself some hard earned cash.. you are kind of out of luck this year! I bet 30% of my spring orders were free e-starts.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I appreciate the nice words Claude. I hope I don't get flamed for this but people need to realize this is a public forum. Guys get heated over brand loyalty and Trent is no different. He has said his share of stupid things over the years for sure. Lol. Hell I've had a few classic battles over the years with a couple guys and I'd probably have a beer and some laughs with them in person if given the chance. Trent wears his heart on his sleeve but he is a big supporter of the sport, would give you the shirt off his back and a lot of guys don't know that. No one spends more money buying peeps drinks, buying raffle tickets at any of the Snow and Mud functions than he does. He also sponsors prizes at events out of his own pocket that all brand riders on dirt or snow have the opportunity to win. He's a big fundraiser for the Movember cancer movement. He's a good friend and even throws a few deals my way if someone in my region is looking to buy new product and is more than fair and square to deal against as well. I'm sure there are times he wished he had kept his mouth shut but then who hasn't on this site? Lol. I sell product for fun. I could quit tomorrow and wouldn't miss anything but the good friends I've made over the 35 years I have been in the sport. Its a tough gig and the internet doesn't make it any easier. You don't have to like him or his product but if you ever had a chance to have a beer with him I'm pretty sure you'd have a change of heart.............until you sobered up at least. HaHa! :beer:

AND NO I DON'T HAVE A MAN CRUSH ON HIM FOR YOU SMART AZZES!!!:painkiller:

So......................What are you doing later.....after this thread?

Thanks for the kinds words! And every single person I have told to go and see you had called me back telling me how great they were treated. I regret almost everything I say directly after it comes out of my mouth... Not for thinking it but for saying it. I have a big mouth and it constantly gets me in trouble.... If I have something to say I say it... You want to talk to someone that sugar coats everything and runs around what they are thinking I suggest speaking to someone else.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the kinds words! And every single person I have told to go and see you had called me back telling me how great they were treated. I regret almost everything I say directly after it comes out of my mouth... Not for thinking it but for saying it. I have a big mouth and it constantly gets me in trouble.... If I have something to say I say it... You want to talk to someone that sugar coats everything and runs around what they are thinking I suggest speaking to someone else.

You are not the only one who has regret with things they have said.....it's called being passionate *not the kind you and your man crush enjoy* lol......back to my point.....I regret less of what I say the older I get. In the immortal words of Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men....."why don't you do the world a favor and pull your lip over your head and swallow"

Love that line

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People finance this Stuff? If you can't pay cash you shouldn't have it. Finance what appreciates in value and you will be able to retire.

Big question for me on new sled is would a guy get tired of that octane blue.

I have the octane blue Maverick I think it's a great color. Like Porta Potty Blue Never gets old

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now can I have my shocks? Lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why I am answering this, and or why my comment was taken so negatively. #1 never said there was not any issues and like you said i have always said 1 issue is 1 too many, the engineers think the same way. In 2008 many people had disasters, I am sure we can all agree on that, at the time the president of BRP said we will work hard to ensure this does not happen again, hence the 3 then 3 +1yr warranty and that sold a lot of sleds with trust and I am not sure why people now don't think much now of something that was so valued? Could it be that the XM had an amazing track record? That is my point, not that it was so good, it is what stuff is based off of and since the majority does not need a lot of work the warranty may seem less valued than it is, that is all perspective really. If you don't believe in the warranty and that it will never help you, which i totally disagree with, then you can wait to see in season rebates which might be better or not or go with a rebate now as you will get a better price and less warranty which your not concerned with. And really guys calling me out, if i win 50.00 or even find 20 bucks I am pumped, so I see value in 250.00 is all I am saying, if you don't you get to choose money over warranty. If your going to move to another dealer or machine over my comments, which I doubt, then your not making the best decision for you. I stand by my comments. I can't help if people take my comments the wrong way, I understand people who don't even know me don't like me for what I do or are jealous or whatever, that is sad, my mission statement in life is to remind people to have fun, I don't care what you ride or how you do that in life, just to have more of it. We are all grown ups, I get ragged on pretty good and I have learned how to deal with that and I know the majority of the amazing community on here and other places supports me and what i do and find it helpful. But in all honesty the reason i keep posting here is to add fun and not let the bullies who drive many smart and knowledgeable and balanced rider opinions away from the forums. Just look at the boards, look at how many people have looked at a particular subject and how 99% of those don't post, they just read, most of the comments are from the same 5-10 guys. Of course I get called a whinier, if I decide to leave a subject when guys want me to chime in, then when i do they get upset with the answers. I guess what can you expect when you don't have to use your real name. As for less customers out there, I actually don't see it that way at all, there are new guys getting into the sport all the time. You can see this by how many more people are out there and in our local spots that use to be empty, these new riders don't always buy new their first year but eventually they do and more often than not it is in their second season when they want the best of the technology. You may see a shrinking market due to some of the factors happening in Alberta, but there is new clients arriving and it is up to us all to welcome them and help them out. From what i know of the many albertan people is that when their up they are pumped and when things are down they are looking up to get back to where they were....the world ebbs and flows and that is what makes it interesting. From what people say about you on these boards, your a stand up guy, so I am sure you will adjust and keep on putting a smile on customers faces. And I will do the best to answer questions, and take the heat I guess, its nowhere near as painful as getting and eyeball massage from my 11 month old.

Like I said I enjoy your posts and only took exception to the comment about how people have it easy and 250 bucks is nothing and warranty isn't important. It is with what a engine repair can cost. Going to need one of those within 5000 km.
People that want to buy these are struggling in today's economy and employment isn't secure. Yes some of us are fortunate and can buy these new but not everyone can.
Perhaps I misunderstood you. Keep on skiing and sledding. I know I will.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder about the blue as well bobsledder

I like it so far and I am wondering if it is the same as the Freeride blue

Looks the same

Birdie

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wonder about the blue as well bobsledder

I like it so far and I am wondering if it is the same as the Freeride blue

Looks the same

Birdie

I liked the yellow banana in 2015. Not sure that everybody did as re-sale is suspect.

Would the blue be the same? I elected to go with the black with the 2017 and will do the same in 2018. In my mind, one can always wrap it up and get the look that one wants but not everybody is into that aspect.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved the big yellow school bus, once I saw the real thing. On the computer I thought it was crap.
I'll have to see the blue in real life

What's the deal with the Fox coil-overs? Order them at snow check?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So BRP has listened today on the 2018 Spring Fever promo and added another option after outcry for it from consumers and dealers. You can now add a choice of 3 yr warranty plus free electric start for your new 2018. Nice to see they are listening to dealers!

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome to hear that SnoPro
Thanks for pushing for the consumers and thank you BRP

I guess you know Smitty well eh
Went to school with that old dog back in Manitoba and we still talk often

He is a great guy and friend

Birdie

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So BRP has listened today on the 2018 Spring Fever promo and added another option after outcry for it from consumers and dealers. You can now add a choice of 3 yr warranty plus free electric start for your new 2018. Nice to see they are listening to dealers!

They need to have the 3 year with shot to make me happy. I would be willing to pay the difference between the electric start and shot to do this. I guarantee this would be the most popular option.

Now this makes the shot look more like $750 more to get.... i think i might do an e start now.......crap

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Awesome to hear that SnoPro
Thanks for pushing for the consumers and thank you BRP

I guess you know Smitty well eh
Went to school with that old dog back in Manitoba and we still talk often

He is a great guy and friend

Birdie

K cool story get in here and snowcheck. LOL

Jgibos

Reaction score