SPRING FEVER, what are you going to choose?

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im about ready to spring order my sled, and im having a hard time between my options of financing or the 4 year.

I have had yet to need to use warranty on my last 2 sleds never mind needing it in the 4th year. In the past i have always taken the electric start with the 3 years warranty. I only put on 1000km each year.

The 0% financing is great but i really don't need it either.... although its nice to keep the cash in my pocket in the mean time. Kinda leaning this way....

What are you going to do?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and personally think this years program is the weakest I've seen in some time. I don't keep my sleds 3-4 years so the warranty is nice but not needed. As long as it has warranty when I sell it I'm happy as it makes the sale easier. No free estart or a reduced price on the shot option. $250 cash incentive is a joke and don't need financing? We need better options.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and personally think this years program is the weakest I've seen in some time. I don't keep my sleds 3-4 years so the warranty is nice but not needed. As long as it has warranty when I sell it I'm happy as it makes the sale easier. No free estart or a reduced price on the shot option. $250 cash incentive is a joke and don't need financing? We need better options.

They had to use some of the incentive budget to make the bulkhead stronger and clutches cooler.....

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com

Only seems lame as the sleds have been so good that warranty is looked at like its not needed. Amazing to see the negativity on the sled, when in truth there are very few with issues and 99% + having a blast. Warranty was what people wanted, the proof is in the pudding as now it is not looked upon that good when your not needing it. For sure that you can run a new sled for 2-3 year warrantied and then sell it with 1 yr warranty is a huge benefit. Shot is very expensive so even though it is an option, your getting a deal on it, they want people to get it. $250.00 is 250.00 bucks, or if it aint then it shows how frikken spoiled we are that 250.00 is nothing now, we live in such an easy part of the world! Hope the above is not your sales plan?! LOL

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only seems lame as the sleds have been so good that warranty is looked at like its not needed. Amazing to see the negativity on the sled, when in truth there are very few with issues and 99% + having a blast. Warranty was what people wanted, the proof is in the pudding as now it is not looked upon that good when your not needing it. For sure that you can run a new sled for 2-3 year warrantied and then sell it with 1 yr warranty is a huge benefit. Shot is very expensive so even though it is an option, your getting a deal on it, they want people to get it. $250.00 is 250.00 bucks, or if it aint then it shows how frikken spoiled we are that 250.00 is nothing now, we live in such an easy part of the world! Hope the above is not your sales plan?! LOL

Well Norona you have 800 km on your 2018 175. You just posted this in the shot thread. You don't even know if it has the updated clutch, you don't know if it has the bulkhead bracing either then. Is this your sales plan? These are things that potential buyers want to know. I feel sorry for Ken, he has done a lot of your heavy lifting on this site while your posting selfies.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G
Ken has to sell them ........Norona has to ride them
I like most of the posts from Norona but....he doesn't have to buy them. 18 grand for a sled makes it a tough job for Ken to sell them without incentives and all the required accessories are priced out of this world as well. Fancy sled to get out in the backcountry and storage to carry survival equipment is an accessory. At least in years gone buy you got some rebate dollars to put towards that.
We are not all spoiled Norona and that was a pretty arrogant thing to say to people working in the real world.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That kind of Bull**** attitude just convinced me to head over to Salmon Arm and see Cory at Shuswap Extreme about pricing on those 2018 cats. Maybe if dudes don't buy doo you won't have that cushy little play job.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be in that 1% that norona speaks of, my sled has been in and out of shop since middle of jan i own 4 skidoos summits at the moment and am brand loyal but i will be testing the waters on a rmk or cat next year unless brp steps up. I know i know t team its all my fault i should just buy a new 18. Or if i want the updates to make my 17 Run right at a 600 dollar new clutch, 200 new belt, 55 dollar brace plus 3 to 4 hour install time ontop of the 17 i allready paid for it,but its only money right?

Last edited:

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thought on extended warranty and why I never buy it.....is rarely does ANY manufacturer stand behind it and honor it without a fight. It's always somehow the consumers fault......improper maintenance, abuse, wear items and the list goes on. Just an excuse to get an extra couple grand out of me and rack up an early season sale.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some folks struggle to stay on topic:nono:

3f7085a207162ef24715e8b2aa7e9ac7.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not negative on the sled. But I'm a realist. I love my personal G4 and have had nothing but stellar running with it thus far. We've had 2 customers at our store out of 80 on G4's that have had repeated issues. Not a lot in the scheme of things but 2 to many in my opinion. We need to be compassionate and try and get them to have the same experience that we are having with ours. I've got a good sales program. Ask Smitty, Pick or Duce. I do all right. I personally don't like the new program. That's my choice to say my piece. Right now here in Alberta we are struggling with the worst economy since the dirty thirties with a government that doesn't give a crap. I see sleds getting more expensive every year and the challenge that comes with selling toys is becoming a bit of a strain on stores. There is less customers out there right now to draw from. We need to be better than we were this year if we want to keep them in my opinion. I honestly hope my great customer bobsledder isn't leaving Doo over your remarks. I don't need anymore help like that from corporate Doo.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sound post on not only recreational vehicles but the state of the province and so on. I will say this, I won't be buying anything new right away as I bought a couple non currents while the price was ultra low due to dealers suffering to try and move their inventory. But my next new sled will be from snopro. Count on it. He's been nothing short of professional through all this and still tried to bring any news from BRP to all doo fans, not just his customers. Top notch in my book and I look forward to meeting him in person.

Top Bottom