SPRING FEVER, what are you going to choose?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait, I wanted a 2018 but my current sled has 2000km and another year of warranty remaining. Has been a good sled apart from the fuel pressure regulator, I will probably hold onto it and get into a 2019.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm more curious on what trade in value , or market value is gonna be for a black 17x 850 with 700 miles , pull start And no belt or bulk head issues . Let's say stock no accessories .
And what time of year if selling out right would be best .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those depreciated, the guys that have the ones with issues should get full value on trade if they go back to the same salesman.
You know ....pain and aggravation compensation.

Dam it....... another dream!!!!!
lol

2.5K ish depreciation plus freight and PDI again will put you at about $4K to trade in....maybe an extra 1K for bad reputation if selling private

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need pull start when you finish a super deep weekend, sled packed full of powder, and get back to -35 degrees in Alberta. Sometimes the estart turns over, sometimes not. Either pull start or pull the sled off the deck/trailer by hand at 11pm on a Sunday night. Or leave it outside and possibly stolen

When your battery craps out all of a sudden in the middle of a trip with a huge dump, it sucks sledding all day with a Nautilus booster pack strapped on your tunnel that you have to hook up each time you kill the sled. In 3' of heavy pow that's all day getting stuck. AND the cables don't reach so you have to unstrap it each time and take it over by your side panel, then strap it back on. Then you forget and hit the kill switch again…F#%£%|€#£|%{#€|ER!

(I make mistakes so others can learn from them)
You need one of these units, I don't go anywhere without mine.
Lil Lightning - Lighting in a box

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black 165 3" SP with Shot. 4 year warranty unless they offer 3 year with a cheaper Shot option. Going to toss the stock shocks and throw on Raptors or Exits. Should still leave me at least a grand cheaper than a Freeride.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about trading in for the 18 with the upgrades but got offered about 9K on a trade in at a doo dealer......even they don't want them back.

Guess the doos just ain't holding their value any more.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was offered nine as well on trade and told it just under 400 bucks to buy the brace (70) and 2.5 hours brp to install it (287)
since they said it isnt a issue, before you guys go spend your hard earned money on these will you guys be happy after one year of riding and said its worth half? Makes a exspensive sport starting to be unreachable for some, the new freedride 154x3 estart is 19100 out tbe door in sask a guy would be loosing over 15 gs in one season to go from a 17 to a 18

QUOTE=snochuk;2379236]I was thinking about trading in for the 18 with the upgrades but got offered about 9K on a trade in at a doo dealer......even they don't want them back.

Guess the doos just ain't holding their value any more.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 17k OTD for a 2018 freeride 154 2.5" with shot today. Is it just me or that a pretty good deal?

Doo2015

Reaction score
That sounds like a solid price. I was quoted $18k OTD for a 2018 175 with shot. Was also quoted $17.3 OTD for a 165x3 with shot. Those are the summit x.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So BRP has listened today on the 2018 Spring Fever promo and added another option after outcry for it from consumers and dealers. You can now add a choice of 3 yr warranty plus free electric start for your new 2018. Nice to see they are listening to dealers!

Is this still valid? I see no literature on the estart option on the spring check. Just 0% financing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this still valid? I see no literature on the estart option on the spring check. Just 0% financing.

Haven't seen anything to the contrary? Been away a few days sledding but have a few guys checked already that took that option?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything to the contrary? Been away a few days sledding but have a few guys checked already that took that option?

Thx I mentioned to my dealer and they said they never heard of the estart snow check option. Can you send me literature on that?? Thank you.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx I mentioned to my dealer and they said they never heard of the estart snow check option. Can you send me literature on that?? Thank you.

They just need to go to the Promotions page on BossWeb and see the promo has been updated Feb 24/17. Pm me your cell number and i will shoot you a pic off my phone as I can't figure out how to post pics on this site. Lol.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's do you guys think is reasonable for depreciation now adays on a 1 year old sled?

What company has the best depreciation rate?

Who here trades up every year? What does it cost you?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's do you guys think is reasonable for depreciation now adays on a 1 year old sled?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I honestly don't know what to tell you? In all my years in this business I have never seen the market as screwed as it is now. And its not just Ski Doo.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to tell you? In all my years in this business I have never seen the market as screwed as it is now. And its not just Ski Doo.
Yeah it's bizarre.
I would be happy if I could ride a sled for a year and then trade it/ Kijiji it for 3-4k difference.
Anybody lease these machines lol.

gsteve

Reaction score

its brutal these days , used to be 2000 per year , not now. Hell u can buy a new 16 cat ltd for 10,300 asking ! First year dep is getting insane.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is the cost of a new one has been increasing by roughly 5% / yr for the last 5 years, the sled that was 14g in 2013 is $17,500 this year, then they discount them in season by 20% or more on anything that's left over WTF??? I don't care what they say about the dollar being the issue, this is just good old fashion highway robbery. I fell into the snocheck trap last year, never again, really not impressed with what all manufacturers are offering for discounts on new now, it's dealt a huge blow to the used market. Gonna have to hang onto this one for a few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom