SPRING FEVER, what are you going to choose?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2013 the top of the line mountain sled was a Summit 800 x 163 with a 2.5 track. That sled with a new chassis and new more powerful engine in the x package is only $15199 msrp outfitted with a 2.5 track? That's a long way from $17500?? Thats an increase of $225/year or roughly 1.5%/year. :confused:

Last edited:

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your drinking too much doo laid my friend, manipulate the numbers all you want, new sleds are going up in price at an alarming rate, not just doo. Besides, Who in their rite mind would snow check a new sled with a 2.5", nobody that's who, don't go giving me the typical salesmen bull sh%t line about how the 3" is an expensive upgrade, I am sure the wholesale cost of both options is within a few bucks. I would hope that after 5 years there is a new chassis and a more powerful engine, does Chevy up the price every time they up the power on the duramax or change the look, F no, current auto prices are in line with prices from 10 years ago, same goes for Atv's and dirt bikes. For whatever reason, snowmobiles are viewed as an Elite Powersport and we are forced to pay a premium to be a part of it, just getting tired of it, I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your drinking too much doo laid my friend, manipulate the numbers all you want, new sleds are going up in price at an alarming rate, not just doo. Besides, Who in their rite mind would snow check a new sled with a 2.5", nobody that's who, don't go giving me the typical salesmen bull sh%t line about how the 3" is an expensive upgrade, I am sure the wholesale cost of both options is within a few bucks. I would hope that after 5 years there is a new chassis and a more powerful engine, does Chevy up the price every time they up the power on the duramax or change the look, F no, current auto prices are in line with prices from 10 years ago, same goes for Atv's and dirt bikes. For whatever reason, snowmobiles are viewed as an Elite Powersport and we are forced to pay a premium to be a part of it, just getting tired of it, I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

I don't need to manipulate anything? I am quoting prices right off Bossweb? A $17500 number is manipulation. If you want a longer, 3 inch track, with the optional color choice and SHOT you are gonna pay more. Compare apples to apples. And trucks? Have you bought a new truck lately? In 2010 I bought a new Ford diesel Lariat 4x4 with a retail tag of $65000. Today I can buy a new 2017 Lariat for $92000. You need to look around a bit bud. Do I like having to pay more for sleds or trucks? No. Just compare apple to apples is all I'm saying?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snopro is correct,
The base price of the 18 is not much more than the 17.
The crappy thing is doos snow check program, why discount a inseason sled so much it makes the x's price look retarded.
Just look at kijii right now. There is more 17's for sale right now than the xm and the price variation is insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
There is no price increase. Add a 3" and shot and its not reeeaaaaallly much more. Oh, you want 4 year warranty. Thats extra.
Price out a 3" 175 Shot 4 year warranty sled and report back.
Careful, you might hit the 20k marker post.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no price increase. Add a 3" and shot and its not reeeaaaaallly much more. Oh, you want 4 year warranty. Thats extra.
Price out a 3" 175 Shot 4 year warranty sled and report back.
Careful, you might hit the 20k marker post.
Black 175x with Shot is $17149 MSRP. Add $250 for the blue color to make it $17399. I don't figure in tax because that is not the manufacturers fault. There is no extra charge for 4 year warranty. It is one of your 5 choices from BRP on the Spring Fever program.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snopro is correct,
The base price of the 18 is not much more than the 17.
The crappy thing is doos snow check program, why discount a inseason sled so much it makes the x's price look retarded.
Just look at kijii right now. There is more 17's for sale right now than the xm and the price variation is insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Caper. The 2018 is $300-$350 more than the 17' for the same model year to year. The price of the top of the line model is definately getting out of reach for some I'm sure. Same with the trucks. Thats why I chose a 2016 non current with almost $20,000 rebates. Some peeps need to do the same with sleds. I see 2016 M8 162's priced at $8000. For the guy that wants a cheap top of the line sled to justify staying in the sport in tough economic times how do you go wrong?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its lame how much doo upcharges for small things. Like going from a 154 to 163 or 174. The upcharge is ridiculous compared to the actual cost difference for them.

But thats life I guess. Its not just doo, and its not just sleds. Just bought a new f150 last fall. Its crazy how much they charge for each additional option package. My XLT with a 301a package (pretty basic) was like 15k cheaper than my brothers loaded lariat!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its lame how much doo upcharges for small things. Like going from a 154 to 163 or 174. The upcharge is ridiculous compared to the actual cost difference for them.
What kills me is up charging for a color. Its not the same type of paint that Dupont used to put on Jeff Gordon's car that changed colors at different angles?

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After the beating i took this year i doubt i will ever snocheck again, ill wait till the spring buy a left over one for a huge discount settle on the 3 year warranty, im married to my 17 now and dont wanna list private till i get the bugs out of it

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't need to manipulate anything? I am quoting prices right off Bossweb? A $17500 number is manipulation. If you want a longer, 3 inch track, with the optional color choice and SHOT you are gonna pay more. Compare apples to apples. And trucks? Have you bought a new truck lately? In 2010 I bought a new Ford diesel Lariat 4x4 with a retail tag of $65000. Today I can buy a new 2017 Lariat for $92000. You need to look around a bit bud. Do I like having to pay more for sleds or trucks? No. Just compare apple to apples is all I'm saying?

Fair enough Snopro, I see where your comin from, I am comparing the top of line snowcheck of today to the top op dog of five years ago, I realize we do get a lot more sled today but it still sucks that they have jumped so much is all I'm sayin. As for the truck thing I'd say they've circled the problem at Ford, and put out front for all to see hahaha, I kid I kid. But seriously I just bought a new dmax, with an average leather load, not a Dumbnali by any means, for $62, I paid $60 for basically the same truck in '06, just my personal experience, don't want to start a diesel war here or anything lol.
Cheers

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only seems lame as the sleds have been so good that warranty is looked at like its not needed. Amazing to see the negativity on the sled, when in truth there are very few with issues and 99% + having a blast. Warranty was what people wanted, the proof is in the pudding as now it is not looked upon that good when your not needing it. For sure that you can run a new sled for 2-3 year warrantied and then sell it with 1 yr warranty is a huge benefit. Shot is very expensive so even though it is an option, your getting a deal on it, they want people to get it. $250.00 is 250.00 bucks, or if it aint then it shows how frikken spoiled we are that 250.00 is nothing now, we live in such an easy part of the world! Hope the above is not your sales plan?! LOL

First two sentences to funny.
Not sure what is smoldering in the pipe but a heads up.................Justin has not legalized it yet!

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Black 175x with Shot is $17149 MSRP. Add $250 for the blue color to make it $17399. I don't figure in tax because that is not the manufacturers fault. There is no extra charge for 4 year warranty. It is one of your 5 choices from BRP on the Spring Fever program.

I apologize if you wrote this elsewhere, but what are the 5 options? I can only recall 4?

1. 3yr + elec start
2. 4 yr
3. 0% finanacing
4. $750 cash
5-?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Dude..... Calm down.

2018 Summit 165 SP 3" Pull start = $15,099.00
2017 Summit 165 SP 3" Pull start =$15,049.00

There are three prices on Snow and mud... Generally if someone tells you they are giving you number 3... its ACTUALLY number one.
1.MSRP
2.MSRP WITH FRT/PDI
3.MSRP WITH FRT/PDI + GST

All three of these get tossed around and people get up in arms... When someone tells you a price... or you HEAR SOMETHING about a price on the internet... CHILL OUT! Take a step back... and CHECK IT FOR YOURSELF.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy, just trolling old posts trying to get people all riled up again hey, you been takin pointers from Kanedouche? Read beyond the post of mine you quoted and you would see that SnoPro and I came to an understanding, thanks for attempting to stirring sh:t up though. Have a fantastic day.

Oh, P.s. I did check my own prices, who snowcheck an SP anyways, why pay more for an in season model? Wait a tick, unless you didn't read anything other than what you wanted to and you had no clue that the entire session was about Snowcheck prices. That would mean you just SAW SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND DIDN'T CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Holy, just trolling old posts trying to get people all riled up again hey, you been takin pointers from Kanedouche? Read beyond the post of mine you quoted and you would see that SnoPro and I came to an understanding, thanks for attempting to stirring sh:t up though. Have a fantastic day.

Oh, P.s. I did check my own prices, who snowcheck an SP anyways, why pay more for an in season model? Wait a tick, unless you didn't read anything other than what you wanted to and you had no clue that the entire session was about Snowcheck prices. That would mean you just SAW SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND DIDN'T CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF

Old post............... From sunday? so much has changed since then.My apologies for not telling you earlier and more promptly. Do you even know what a snowcheck price is? Its not just an X package... I WAS talking about spring order "snowcheck" pricing.... ... I didnt mean to "stir anything up" by showing you a couple prices. All I was saying is the prices are not SKYROCKETING like you claim. They added a few things on the 18's and the price barley moved... thats pretty good considering the dollar is doing.

"OH.. And PS"
If you are an aftermarket shock guy an SP is a great option.. Lots of people snowcheck them. its a $600 saving...
Why pay more for an in season model?... what are you talking about??!! You wont get the 4 year warranty.. and snowcheck pricing is always awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom