snowmobile rant.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they had the part in stock and were supposed to have it done yesterday afternoon or today... now ill have to wait till tuesday to see if its fixed as their not open for a few days.

gonna order a gt snow racer.
1) Motor wont have any issues with cold plugs
2) no worries about belts
3) lightest sled on the hill and definitely the most flickable
4) no issues with trenching
5) can load two on the deck of a half ton
6) getting towed wont ruin a trip, only enhance it
7) no throttle safety switch to worry about...

in the grand scheme of life, if a dead sled is my biggest worry i feel pretty grateful to even be able to go sledding. lots of people cannot.

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noticed that today callin around for advice and insight on some issues, pretty much every shop was either closed altogether or didnt staff their techs on a sat? May be common but i thought it was a bit strange.
Always thought the shop boys got sunday-mondays off

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
they had the part in stock and were supposed to have it done yesterday afternoon or today... now ill have to wait till tuesday to see if its fixed as their not open for a few days.

gonna order a gt snow racer.
1) Motor wont have any issues with cold plugs
2) no worries about belts
3) lightest sled on the hill and definitely the most flickable
4) no issues with trenching
5) can load two on the deck of a half ton
6) getting towed wont ruin a trip, only enhance it
7) no throttle safety switch to worry about...

in the grand scheme of life, if a dead sled is my biggest worry i feel pretty grateful to even be able to go sledding. lots of people cannot.

With all the crap this poor dude has had to read, he comes up with the humor! Absolutely awesome and I, once again, was able to pass around a little green rep.........Good luck on Tuesday.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mods, this thread should be changed to Polaris rant.. Funny how everyone quickly forgets past Ski Doo/Rotax problems like the infamous flaking ring issue on the 800's, the $hitty run of the of case tolerances on the 800R's, and not to mention the price of Ski Doo snowmobiles continuing to increase higher every new model year… E-Tec's have their own issues as well. Whatev's boys, I for one have had enough of paying through the nose for Bombardier sleds, OEM parts and accessories. Yes, Ski Doo make a good snowmobile, so does Polaris, Cat and Yamaha..without having to put up your firtsborn and HELOC to buy one…
I don't think anyone has forgotten any of that stuff just like we haven't forgotten that Yamahas have been heavy as hell since 2004 and need boost to get out of their own way, that Polaris still can't build a reliable 800 after 15 years of trying or Arctic Cat their diamond drive and clutching issues. They all have issues just some have more than others. As far as parts cost I've never not paid too much for parts of any brand.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are very complex these days , they have to be to get the power and economy that we all expect . My 2014 summit had a host of problems I just stuck with it after stators coils all updated parts it runs perfect now .I am a automotive tech and fully understand working out gremlins. Just stick with it and you will be better off .

Top Bottom