snowmobile rant.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is more of a pointless threat and rant.

I snow checked my 2013 pro and its had its list of issues. needed to go in for the driveshaft clamp, the motor blew up last year, then the clutch spring broke, now its been at the shop for a month over a throttle safety switch. its all been under warranty, but cause of this switch ive missed 2 trips in a month.

the dealer has ordered the switch but it was backordered, am i wrong to think that they should just yank the switch off of a crated sled and let me on me way. Im pretty sick of how unreliable this polaris has been, i dont even ride hard compared to the rest of the group.

Tomorrow im going to go talk to the dealer and maybe go look for a 163 skidoo if they have more bad news.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the sled is "lemonous"..

Sell it while it is in good running order and look, and think hard on what to buy next.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the sled is "lemonous"..

Sell it while it is in good running order and look, and think hard on what to buy next.
My neighbor did this after his '12 Pro blew up it's second engine in 450km. Bought a '14 XM and nothing but smiles now!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good dealer would have given you a demo to drive or disconnected your throttle safety switch and installed a tether. Takes ten minutes and you could be riding. Buy a skidoo man.

Toro

Reaction score
I've ridden both brands, currently on a Doo because I was unsatisfied with my last sled (po), dealer should have done some good will so you could at least ride! I don't care which brand it is they all screwup, but the dealer can make the difference between a bad sled and "some issues". I don't mind saying that my current dealer might have me forever based on service and my warranty is done! But I'm not married to them and I will switch again if the service falls flat.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does one disconnect the throttle safety switch without it throwing a code? can i just simply unplug it? it already has a tether.... i disconnected it last year cause it wasnt working anyways and i thought it was the cause of my sled running like garabage, turns out it was just the lack of cylinder sleeve in one piston.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does one disconnect the throttle safety switch without it throwing a code? can i just simply unplug it? it already has a tether.... i disconnected it last year cause it wasnt working anyways and i thought it was the cause of my sled running like garabage, turns out it was just the lack of cylinder sleeve in one piston.
from snowest

"You have to pull the back of the throttle block apart. Inside there will be a small black compartment. Inside this there will be a set of curved contacts, a resistor, and a spring. The small button behind the flipper gets pushed when the throttle closes which in turn pushes or slides the resistor. You have to remove the resistor and spring. Then put everything back together. If you do not tape this up under the hood somewhere, you should fill the compartment with dielectric grease so moisture cannot get inside this compartment and play havoc with your system. I did this to mine right away troubleshooting and have ran it for ~800 miles like this with no codes or issues.

PS I would highly recommend a tether(not just ones with the tss removed) on all pros as the throttle has froze open on mine several times."

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2013 pro and bought a new T3. When I blew the driveshaft at 35km's after I drove 9 hrs to ride in revy and paided over $1000 dollars for a rental and polaris did nothing for me, only a free jug of oil for my inconvenience. Good riddance! IMO.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 08arcticcat, I don't mean to be a dick but this is what we woke up to this morning in McBride and it's still coming down hard. You were supposed to be here! Wouldn't have happened on a Doo. Lol.

And BigNasty, thanks again for letting me ride your brand new T3. I'll break her in nice, I promise. ;) Hey remember that time we took your brand new 13' Pro to Boulder and broke the driveshaft in 30kms and ruined the track getting it out of there. Oh good times on the Polaris train.

Attachments

• 20150102_073049.jpg
    20150102_073049.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 20150102_074430.jpg
    20150102_074430.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 358

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA Awesome. Enjoy the T3! Thats a low blow to 08arcticcat, but it should be an epic day in Mcbride!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you mean to tell me that if I go buy a Doo from lets say, Martin Motorsports or Bow Cycle, and lets say a pipe sensor fails that they will take one off a sled sitting their in a crate or on the showroom floor if by chance it was back ordered? haha highly unlikely.

It has nothing to do with it being a Polaris, it has everything to do with the specific customer and the dealership. Some dealers will go that extra mile for some customers.

I don't own a dealership, but if a customer wanted me to take a part off a sled sitting in my showroom or in stock I would have a hard time telling the next guy that walked in wanting to buy a sled that I don't have one to sell him as I am using it for parts. No different than a car dealership. Parts on back order then repair waits.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mark, if it makes you feel any better the advertisment that I have while looking at the thread is "2015 Skidoo Summit - Mountain Riding at its best" from Martin Motorsports :d

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you mean to tell me that if I go buy a Doo from lets say, Martin Motorsports or Bow Cycle, and lets say a pipe sensor fails that they will take one off a sled sitting their in a crate or on the showroom floor if by chance it was back ordered? haha highly unlikely.

It has nothing to do with it being a Polaris, it has everything to do with the specific customer and the dealership. Some dealers will go that extra mile for some customers.

I don't own a dealership, but if a customer wanted me to take a part off a sled sitting in my showroom or in stock I would have a hard time telling the next guy that walked in wanting to buy a sled that I don't have one to sell him as I am using it for parts. No different than a car dealership. Parts on back order then repair waits.

A friend of mines cat got stolen a 2012. Then he bought a used 2013 from a dealer. First ride it blew up. Pulled it home, I open the oil jug and dip my finger in it and it didnt use any oil. I look online that it may have hydrolocked from too much oil in the jug.......gets it to the dealer they dont really have much to say other than they will look at it.......the oil pump arm came off. He talked to the owner and they were very sorry that it happened and gave him a Demo to ride, not a new sled. Other than this ive never heard of a dealer loaning a sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

so true....and a touchy subject i got reemed out for this once on here for saying just that. i dont want my brand new snowmobile being a donor for someone else. sorry. id be pretty pissed if i found out that the dealer just borrowed a bunch of stuff of my sled waiting for pickup. but thats ok we replaced it with new stuff. no...not ok.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2013 pro and bought a new T3. When I blew the driveshaft at 35km's after I drove 9 hrs to ride in revy and paided over $1000 dollars for a rental and polaris did nothing for me, only a free jug of oil for my inconvenience. Good riddance! IMO.

me and my group....knock on wood have had good luck with our pros... But a friend and his dad bought new summits after having a 09 and 10 assault 144 and the dad was like "these summits are so good, hell when i get back to sask im going to the dealer and giving them a couple more hundred dollars!" lol!

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked my pro, just didn't like my dealer and the hassle I had to go through to get it fixed. They didn't even want to replace the track that was in peices from towing it down the mountian with no driveshaft in it. Everything breaks and stuff happens, but make an honest effort to fix it. As I write this I think about a new wake surfing boat I bought this yr and when filling the ballast it split the hull in 2 (many reasons why- all factory installed wrong). Destroyed the boat, they said it will have new hull by spring, time will tell but if its not, I definetly will not be buying another boat from them, even if I like the product they sell. Just My 2 cents.

Top Bottom