Ridin on crown land

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RCMP can talk from lethbridge to mc murray if they want,,just using different repeaters,,probably across provinces to. sure the fish and feathers scan or use RCMP frequencies to
yep, they even have their own UHF repeater systems.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite true. The RCMP and SRD guys have repeaters in their vehicles. Their hand held portables talk to the vehicle which repeats locally and links to the portable radio in the vehicle which their dispatcher listens to. This allows a 5 watt portable to reach out many miles to the nearest tower via the 30-50 watt vehicle radio.

The only way a cop in lethbridge can talk to McMurray is if the dispatch centres link together. They never do this because it would be a nightmare of cops talking over each other. That's what cell phones are for.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite true. The RCMP and SRD guys have repeaters in their vehicles. Their hand held portables talk to the vehicle which repeats locally and links to the portable radio in the vehicle which their dispatcher listens to. This allows a 5 watt portable to reach out many miles to the nearest tower via the 30-50 watt vehicle radio.

The only way a cop in lethbridge can talk to McMurray is if the dispatch centres link together. They never do this because it would be a nightmare of cops talking over each other. That's what cell phones are for.
yeah, i think you're right, they call their "control" and they can link the officer with another detachment. I've heard them do it often on my scanner for warrant confirmations etc. when they "RTT" it calls to the control center which must be in Edmonton, then they can hook them up to wherever. but there must be a repeater tower that links them to control

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you all need to find somewhere else to ride, I never see fish cops or any law enforcement while out quading and if I did I definitely would not stop and talk to them thats for sure. Registration is the biggest joke going for of road vehicles and I refuse to pay the government for nothing. Having insurance is a good idea for liability purposes etc. but screw the registration

Top Bottom