Conjuring creek is private land not crown land

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a farmer the answer to the fenced creek is yes. There are actually some rules to follow on continuous fencing and the minimum number of strands to build a fence with.
The next time you choose to fall on a fence go jugular first. Apparently the gene pool needs some cleansing.

Neighbors at farm where I hunt geese having issue with quadders/SXSs tearing up hayfields. When confronted and told they were on private property their response........."but that is why we bought the old farmyard. So we could ride in all of the open fields."
Like Wallmart shoppers this is for real and there are more than just a few loose entitled nuts out there buying toys.

Conjuring creek is private land not crown land........I feel sorry or the owner and the idiots he has to deal with cause they are out there.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
I do not support these people that are truss passing on thier land, that has to stop.Nobody owns a creek, but the crown, if you think you own it.....try dumping a barrel of oil into it and see what's happens.from the title of this thread and the way landowner is talking they are trying to own the waters.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a farmer the answer to the fenced creek is yes. There are actually some rules to follow on continuous fencing and the minimum number of strands to build a fence with.
The next time you choose to fall on a fence go jugular first. Apparently the gene pool needs some cleansing.

Neighbors at farm where I hunt geese having issue with quadders/SXSs tearing up hayfields. When confronted and told they were on private property their response........."but that is why we bought the old farmyard. So we could ride in all of the open fields."
Like Wallmart shoppers this is for real and there are more than just a few loose entitled nuts out there buying toys.

Conjuring creek is private land not crown land........I feel sorry or the owner and the idiots he has to deal with cause they are out there.

Thanks for clarifying that. I'll just cut the fence across the creek because I'd sure hate to cut my jugular...

Nahirniak

Reaction score
Before anyone starts cutting fences please note that although the Provincial Crown would own the bed and shore of Conjuring Creek under Section 3 of the Public Lands Act. However people should be aware that in Alberta this does not provide any rights to cross private land to reach the Crown bed and shore. Also under the Public Lands Administration Regulation it is actually a contravention of the Public Lands Act to drive a wheeled or tracked conveyance across vacant bed and shore which is what Conjuring Creek would be. So someone quadding on Conjuring Creek here would be in the wrong.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simplest thing is to quit being pretend lawyers and find another place to ride. Respect others property rights even if you think they are being a-holes. It is not a contest where the biggest a-hole wins. There was an incident years back in Strathcona County over just this type of situation. The County's solution is to ban all riding except on public land and fine/confiscate sleds if you are caught. Both parties in that case were wrong but this one I do not know and it really doesn't matter. Leave the guy alone period.

Guessing only in winter is when it happens as creek is frozen??

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guessing only in winter is when it happens as creek is frozen??
EXACTLY!!!I creek ride in winter,and so do even the farmers and relatives....but so do a lot of bad apples..... didn't want to tell anyone so more creek ride,but it's obviously not my fault they made a big oops making this thread and going to the news cause way more know about it now.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simplest thing is to quit being pretend lawyers and find another place to ride. Respect others property rights even if you think they are being a-holes. It is not a contest where the biggest a-hole wins. There was an incident years back in Strathcona County over just this type of situation. The County's solution is to ban all riding except on public land and fine/confiscate sleds if you are caught. Both parties in that case were wrong but this one I do not know and it really doesn't matter. Leave the guy alone period.
Strathcona is a whole new level of retard, you can't do anything there.....they even voted in NDP years and years ago lol

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before anyone starts cutting fences please note that although the Provincial Crown would own the bed and shore of Conjuring Creek under Section 3 of the Public Lands Act. However people should be aware that in Alberta this does not provide any rights to cross private land to reach the Crown bed and shore. Also under the Public Lands Administration Regulation it is actually a contravention of the Public Lands Act to drive a wheeled or tracked conveyance across vacant bed and shore which is what Conjuring Creek would be. So someone quadding on Conjuring Creek here would be in the wrong.

I want to hike down the creek in the winter and I don't want to hurt myself climbing over a farmers fence... If the farmer wants to fence his property so be it but leave the creek open... Put a fence up on each side.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to hike down the creek in the winter and I don't want to hurt myself climbing over a farmers fence... If the farmer wants to fence his property so be it but leave the creek open... Put a fence up on each side.[/QUOTE

Cutline through the neighbors farm ended at our fence. Sledders that used to come out to an acreage couple miles down the road to ride on weekend, kept cutting fence. We fix they cut and on it went.
Drove the old man crazy.
Confronted them and they say not us but tracks to their yard?????
You can't fix stupid people and for some reason you can't shoot and bury the numb nutzs.

We just built a gate and it was our private land.

Between my cousin and I we have well over 20 quarters.
Unless you are a local nobody gets permission any more. We just say fawkem all.
Last year tresspassers got so bad I actually had to post some land. First time ever.

When I hear of closures I am not the least bit surprised with the types you meet.
There is still lot of crown land in Alberta - pull on the white oakleys, go for a drive and stop creating unecessary confrontations or the Strathcona county style closures will be more frequent. But that will never be my problem.

Or or or just maybe peps can buy their own fawkin land to ride on, and stop being tresspasers.
Oh man what am I saying that is just crazy talk!!!!

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, lots of crown lands to go to with out trying too ride a river that turns into a creek, stream to a trickle, not worth quading or sledding in areas that are no wider then the machine.

The worst part on the Blind-man River last winter was seeing hill side with nill for snow cover as sleds were spinning down too the dirt on private owned lands posted "No Trespassing". No creek or water way on those hills.

All 3 counties in our area have different ideas, ours allowed OHV's on gravel roads, but is now back on the table when a few crops had tracks threw the planted crops this summer,,, might put an end to OHV use once and for all "maybe".

It's only going to get worse as counties and MD's decide they had enough as the phones keep ringing day in and out of ticked off land owners.

One will be surprised what actions take place when we all get shut down, not just me as we are all grouped as 1.

Not fair as we know, but what other options are there.

Talking private owned lands that have smallest of creeks that with crop and grass lands too feed the live stock that feeds us in towns and cities...

There's no happy ending for either group, definitely not us OHV users that could see blecker changes coming.

Pal Don more wrong than right

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just a note on what happened this summer in the East of our county.

My Uncle and 6 other nabours found OHV tracks threw the planted crop lands and this 1 track got wider and wider over the weeks, then they continued onto other farmers land and pastures.

County gathering and County Police and Sheriff department when out too take pictures and chat with locals in that district.

All privately owned lands with no crown areas with in 20+ miles.

They think the riders accessed the area by road that is allowed by county this spring as they opened it up for OHVS to us them for all, but I'm only guessing that the end of the month meeting at county office "could" now back track on to allow-ment too shut it down once more.

Crop and pasture damage will be in the estimated $20 G + less the ripped up grass lands.

Cousin and Uncle don't own OHV's on their farm, nor do the other 4 nabours, the 2 family farms close to them do, but they are for farm operations on their own property.

There are slews with trickling creeks out that way, but the ohv's did not access these lands according too cousins out there,,, all tracks came off the roads into the fields.

It upsets me, family, nabours, and rest of us that respect the lands and farming both. It's no wounder that a very small selection of % would do this to all of us.

All it takes these days is 1 too set the stage of battle, and this case of many tracks threw the planted crop lands was more than 1.

Sad to thing that if our county along with the other 2 that do not allow OHV's have it in stone what will happen if they want to allow the use of them... Ain't going to happen any time soon as we wait too hear the out come this month.

Pal Don at what happens, happens as its in the hands of those that were voted in,,, all farms on our board in this county.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to hike down the creek in the winter and I don't want to hurt myself climbing over a farmers fence... If the farmer wants to fence his property so be it but leave the creek open... Put a fence up on each side.
So I would like to know what a court of law thinks of "navigable waterway"? I think herein lies the rub!

For a waterway to be navigable - in my way of thinking, and I may be wrong - it must be "flowing". If a creek can not support a johnboat, canoe, or any other floating unit designed to carry people, is it therefore "not navigable"? I may be overthinking this, but I am really curious of how a court views this.

So when it is frozen, a waterway is not navigable, therefore not able to carry water craft, are you to be on it, unless specified? I can see large, wide rivers not being a problem, but thinking more about these small creeks and tributaries like the OP originally refers to.

In my mind, everyone get out of small creeks and stream areas - anywhere and up to the flood line for ones that drop down from the surrounding topography. Ranchers and farmers who put cattle on their grain fields should be able to place wires across water channels that are non-navigable, be they small creeks and tributaries that have the only purpose to direct water runoff into larger bodies of water. What happens in the larger bodies - depending on width and depth - is a separate discussion/thread.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't sledder around red deer for a long time, but riding the blind man river was pretty fun.
go from blackfalds to the monkey top,, good times.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't sledder around red deer for a long time, but riding the blind man river was pretty fun.
go from blackfalds to the monkey top,, good times.
It's some of the most rad riding I've ever done!I ride lots of creeks and rivers. Can't believe no one on here does....even landowner couldn't believe nobody knew what they were saying at beginning of this thread.Landowner realized he let the cat out of the bag and split lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's some of the most rad riding I've ever done!I ride lots of creeks and rivers. Can't believe no one on here does....even landowner couldn't believe nobody knew what they were saying at beginning of this thread.Landowner realized he let the cat out of the bag and split lol.

I agree, creeks and river riding is a lot of fun. Never been to Conjuring creek,(never even heard of it matter a fact, till now) but on a map looks like it links up with Wizard lake and the North Sask river.

wizardlakejubileepark_map.jpg

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

I have till I just about got killed from some drunk azzhole ... Never again

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like to ride this creek,all of calmar rides er, creekn is nothing new (apparently on here it is) you will always see some sort of water even after minus 30.....and fish cops check us all the time btw, so have your papers.

Top Bottom