Million of unsafe vehicles on Canadian roads

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont like sharing the road with ch!t vehicles when I have to have one of my trucks inspected yearly already.
Im a mechanic, and all of my vehicles are in prestine mechanical condition, than I see the clampetts rolling down the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you know where to move where that isnt a problem 😊

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you know where to move where that isnt a problem

Yah no, not going anywhere. This is just conversion, but it’s amusing the responses so far.

Inspections have been a part of alberta for a long time, The article posted has merit.
The out of province inspection in Alberta is the biggest money grab out there, especially since in province vehicles are not inspected. Very hypocritical and funny.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah no, not going anywhere. This is just conversion, but it’s amusing the responses so far.

Inspections have been a part of alberta for a long time, The article posted has merit.
The out of province inspection in Alberta is the biggest money grab out there, especially since in province vehicles are not inspected. Very hypocritical and funny.

Ok well as a born and raised Albertan that has never had an insepection on a personal.vehilce im very happy that the government doesnt force me to come in and see what muffler im running or if my lift kit and super charger is up to code.

But as more libtards move here from all over, stupid rules tend to pop up.

If its so shitty here, go home.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And as far as out of province inspections go. If someone wants to move here and bring thier car with them to plug up the highways i think its only fair we rape them first considering how much money via transfer payments weve had to doll out over the years

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok well as a born and raised Albertan that has never had an insepection on a personal.vehilce im very happy that the government doesnt force me to come in and see what muffler im running or if my lift kit and super charger is up to code.

But as more libtards move here from all over, stupid rules tend to pop up.

If its so shitty here, go home.

Sorry but those have nothing to due with an inspection. Loose ball joints, tie rods, major holes in the body, are. Some of our service trucks are fully deleted and they pass.
Majority of Alberta have to have a yearly inspection on their vehicles already…..but
I see you just want to argue, and sling around.
Have a good one.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but those have nothing to due with an inspection. Loose ball joints, tie rods, major holes in the body, are. Some of our service trucks are fully deleted and they pass.
Majority of Alberta have to have a yearly inspection on their vehicles already…..but
I see you just want to argue, and sling around.
Have a good one.

I made 1 comment about yearly inspections and then you obviously wanted to argue. And sling chit about crappy Alberta cars and then go off that guys cant afford 35$ like thats the issue.

Then Switched the topic to old used junk, then to commercial, than to out of province. Im just responding to you're comments to me.

So right back at ya

Cheers

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not a two year old vehicle, its up to a certain age. I lived in NS and I know how the game is played, its a money grab when people with a license are willing to give anyone an inspection that should not. Its their neck on the line, cause its their license. I know what criteria for a pass and fail are. I used to do it.
It seems alot of people are ok with sharing the road with vehicles that should not be on the road. If a person cannot afford a 30 dollar inspection every two years than, I dunno what to say.

Who pays the rest of the cost for the inspection because 30 bucks is paying a tech. for no more than 20 minutes....

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who pays the rest of the cost for the inspection because 30 bucks is paying a tech. for no more than 20 minutes....

Its like a piece of mind inspection when you get a oil change, quick check of loose ball joints, etc from what I remember, except the extra 30 bucks makes it a legal document, like A CVIP sticker, but a cvip is very indepth inspection in comparison.
I just wondered if a annual inspection of a vehicle over a certain age could possibly avoid the 12 year old vehicle insurance inspection when selling? Dunno.
I didn’t know that was a thing till last year when I sold my older car. I guess some insurance companies need it here, and some do not?
That insurance company did, and the inspection cost me 800 bucks with parts, because the tech thought my rear shocks needed to be replaced. They were fine, but what do yah do?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont even have ball joints on my truck. I have something called "uniballs" and heim joints. Inspector probably wouldnt know what they are even looking at.

Youre fox 3.0s are worn out sir. I can replace them with some monroes.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just so y'all know why Alberta brought in the Out of Province inspections: Alberta used to be the dumping grounds of most of the other provinces. The train yards up in northern Sherwood Park used to be full with out of province vehicles. Years ago a farmer in Saskatchewan brazed two Ford Taurus's together, and nicely finished the vehicle. The poor sap from Calgary that bought the vehicle from an auction in Edmonton died when the car split in half around Leduc. The back half of the car went across the median and hit oncoming traffic... the Saskatchewan farmer went to jail for a period of time. So now, there are no more used vehicle mass imports into Edmonton auction houses. I was one of the first Out of Province approved technicians and shop, in Alberta ;)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Its like a piece of mind inspection when you get a oil change, quick check of loose ball joints, etc from what I remember, except the extra 30 bucks makes it a legal document, like A CVIP sticker, but a cvip is very indepth inspection in comparison.
I just wondered if a annual inspection of a vehicle over a certain age could possibly avoid the 12 year old vehicle insurance inspection when selling? Dunno.
I didn’t know that was a thing till last year when I sold my older car. I guess some insurance companies need it here, and some do not?
That insurance company did, and the inspection cost me 800 bucks with parts, because the tech thought my rear shocks needed to be replaced. They were fine, but what do yah do?

by the way... who does your cvip inspections? $590? wow.... We are only $199 most light trucks

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If it were an actual safety only inspection, maybe. However as it is govt mandated that is not how it will go. The owner will get dinged for every little BS thing like an engine light on, intact emissions equipment, aftermarket performance parts etc. Also unscrupulous and greedy shop will use it to take advantage of those without vehicle knowledge. It would turn into a dumpster fire cash grab like anything govt touches.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not a two year old vehicle, its up to a certain age. I lived in NS and I know how the game is played, its a money grab when people with a license are willing to give anyone an inspection that should not. Its their neck on the line, cause its their license. I know what criteria for a pass and fail are. I used to do it.
It seems alot of people are ok with sharing the road with vehicles that should not be on the road. If a person cannot afford a 30 dollar inspection every two years than, I dunno what to say.

Preach that to the choir of Co's that purely are hiring for profit with total disregard for everyone else on the road and improper training tactics if at all. Not stigmatize any 1 group of people but with how the course is going, i for 1 would likely like toown my old 1974 ford with a tire on the front just to wake folk up possibly.;)

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And as far as out of province inspections go. If someone wants to move here and bring thier car with them to plug up the highways i think its only fair we rape them first considering how much money via transfer payments weve had to doll out over the years
First and foremost you can only run Ins from another province for 3 months then must convert legally, not until your reggie runs out in said province sorry. I found this out by a guy T boning me going to the labor day classic, he was from Sask and living her for 11 months hurt my DD friend pretty bad as we had to kick the doors open to get out while he got a ticket from cops for crossing 3 lanes illegally WTF:(

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so y'all know why Alberta brought in the Out of Province inspections: Alberta used to be the dumping grounds of most of the other provinces. The train yards up in northern Sherwood Park used to be full with out of province vehicles. Years ago a farmer in Saskatchewan brazed two Ford Taurus's together, and nicely finished the vehicle. The poor sap from Calgary that bought the vehicle from an auction in Edmonton died when the car split in half around Leduc. The back half of the car went across the median and hit oncoming traffic... the Saskatchewan farmer went to jail for a period of time. So now, there are no more used vehicle mass imports into Edmonton auction houses. I was one of the first Out of Province approved technicians and shop, in Alberta ;)
But who in the hell welds two vehicles together and would except it as safe. If we were having this conversation 40 yrs ago my dad would smack me over the head and say dummy up idiot. We have become way to concerned with safety.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do know that any vehicle in AB thats over 10 years old and it is sold, has to be inspected? Probably lots of uninsured vehicles on the road because of it, but thats an assumption.

That’s not true. Maybe be depend on insurance companies. But my truck is a 09 and bought it about a year ago no inspection needed. Wife’s beater car is an 05 no inspection needed

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s not true. Maybe be depend on insurance companies. But my truck is a 09 and bought it about a year ago no inspection needed. Wife’s beater car is an 05 no inspection needed
Funny how that plays out amongst Ins rip offs, was said to me 12yrs old, I like the older vehicles too easy to work on and i do not need all those bells/whistles or it being shut down by some Company lol!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This insurance inspection is a pain, I have to get another one done, and the vehicle is months over the 12 year mark, but it needs to be done to sell it.

I called my insurance company to get more info, yes this is a requirement with all insurance companies, but I have been with my insurance company for so long and the people I deal with downtown know me, they would Not request one from me if I was buying a vehicle over 12 years old, but If i called the call center they would request an inspection before they would give me insurance.

Top Bottom