Canadians with EVs drive more than ICE drivers

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well thats not terrible... for sure and engine in most cases will cost you that all day long.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have driven back and forth to Revelstoke from my farm for about 5 years. Almost always in the winter. It’s 600km and my total time spent charging is 35-45minutes. I don’t know what else to say at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have driven back and forth to Revelstoke from my farm for about 5 years. Almost always in the winter. It’s 600km and my total time spent charging is 35-45minutes. I don’t know what else to say at this point.

yes it is 600 km, so fill up in Monarck and go all the way to revelstoke without having to stop for juice , till revelstoke 600 km?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. When I get home usually 10-15%. The navigation tells you an estimate of how much energy you’ll use based on weather and elevation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
so you go 1200km on your initial charge? From Monark, to Revelstoke 600km, do some driving around, then 600km back to Monarck on 1 Charge? that's excellent mileage

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would someone drive to revelstoke then turn around and come back :noidea:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep thats what I do. Drive 6 hours, then its time to go home. No time for gas or a piss just pin it 🤪

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep thats what I do. Drive 6 hours, then its time to go home. No time for gas or a piss just pin it 🤪
well your unique lol? you don't seem to fully read da posts! lol

maybe had a hankering for pizza?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did! i posted get to revelstoke , do some driving around(as in sled , boat visit etc, )then return to Monarch on same fill up? what did i miss, oh ya get the pizza? ha. oh ya that tesla gets 334 miles per charge, can't make it all the way to Revi, still needs 3 fills Monarch, Golden, Revelstoke and a possible 3 fills return! u follow?

it does get better distance than i thought, EV niche is still around town with trips in the 100 mile range, still good, long distance not at this time. still requires 30 to 45minute recharges every 3- 400 kms, not every town has a charger, and looks like some that do are not work for one reason or another, unless i missed something

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did! i posted get to revelstoke , do some driving around(as in sled , boat visit etc, )then return to Monarch on same fill up? what did i miss, oh ya get the pizza? ha. oh ya that tesla gets 334 miles per charge, can't make it all the way to Revi, still needs 3 fills Monarch, Golden, Revelstoke and a possible 3 fills return! u follow?

it does get better distance than i thought, EV niche is still around town with trips in the 100 mile range, still good, long distance not at this time. still requires 30 to 45minute recharges every 3- 400 kms, not every town has a charger, and looks like some that do are not work for one reason or another, unless i missed something

922a61d08772c56e595a70dc5b0c1c9c.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the repair bill for a Tesla with 38000k on it. Tires were expensive not sure how much though.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 46

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving some real info that actually happened that people might be interested in reading about. It is offensive reading for some people and to others it is informative. Hopefully you are the later.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving some real info that actually happened that people might be interested in reading about. It is offensive reading for some people and to others it is informative. Hopefully you are the later.

Nope not offensive to me, just wondering.
Not really interesting either.

I could post some repair bills if any one cares to see them though lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lol yes very offensive that a car had to get repaired. I’m in utter shock.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blatantly dishonest headline. Second line in the article says EV's are #3 behind two forms of ICE vehicles.

Top Bottom