Ridin on crown land

Kori61

Reaction score
Yesterday we went for a ride to Cutoff creek, we were stopped by a wildlife cop, he said the dirt bike needed a headlight and taillight, as well as insurance and reg??? What never heard of the light thing, you would think if it was illegal to drive without lights they would be sold with them like cars or quads. Anyone else run into this?? BTW this wildlife cop was the rudest person I have ever encountered in 15 years of playing out there.:realmad::rolleyes:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we went for a ride to Cutoff creek, we were stopped by a wildlife cop, he said the dirt bike needed a headlight and taillight, as well as insurance and reg??? What never heard of the light thing, you would think if it was illegal to drive without lights they would be sold with them like cars or quads. Anyone else run into this?? BTW this wildlife cop was the rudest person I have ever encountered in 15 years of playing out there.:realmad::rolleyes:
what were you riding? sounds like he had you dead to rights, pretty well known that those are requirements to ride on crown land

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He speaks the truth. Still bulltweed but truth none the less. I take my chances with sxs and bike.

Kori61

Reaction score
We were on quads all legal like, I was just surprised to learn about the light thing. O and carry your I.D. into the bush too, never thought about that one either.

Kori61

Reaction score
We were on our quads all legal like, and don't drink. He waited for us to get off the trail, there was a place you have to go across the road to hook up with the other trail. O and something I never gave a second thought to was bringing I.D. with me.

Kori61

Reaction score
Yep buddy got one for the insurance and reg, but he gave us written warnings for not having I.D.

Kori61

Reaction score
I don't carry I.D. either, don't need licences right (er am I wrong on that too, teehee). I think buddy mustve had a bad day or something, he was sure ornery.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the off road riding regulations and where you can and cannot ride before you go out, srd site can change on a moments notice and they do not inform you. not sure what you think of his attiude but you got off easy, you could have been walking home, with thousands in fines. i'd say you got lucky. i've been stopped afew times, be nice yes sir no sir usually works wonders, srd have more power than rcmp and they carry guns. it is what it is lesson learned. been there done that along with $1000 in fines. now i visit srd site everytime before i go out. god help ya if they catch ya with the helicopter.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason they aresold without head lights is because they are Motocross bike made for the track! The bikes that come with head light are trail bkes. I do agree with having insurance, if I hit somone or get hit bye someone and there is lawsuites or damages then its a good thing. But the registion I dont agree on if you have to regerster then we should be able to ride it on the roads

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
He was within the law, registration, insurance, head and taillights, no alcohol, just like a car. We have never been asked for I.D. though. Might also depend how you are riding when they see you. We have seen people be stupid, stunting, seriously spinning tires, things like that and they get stopped and grilled right away. Us, we are polite, hand over all paperwork and have never had a problem. One in our group did not have his paperwork with him, he was asked to go back to camp, stay there and the fir and feathers guy said he would stop by later to check. This was right in Cadomin, we were camped at Mcleod River. Sure enough fish cop comes by , looks at paperwork and says thanks. Gotta be friendly with them, goes way smoother.

As far as him being ornery, maybe he had a run in with enough jerks before he met your group and was ready for more attitude. Everyone is entitled to a bad day.

Kori61

Reaction score
O I know how to batt my eyelashes even if they were full o mudd. Have been stopped lots out there where we play that is why we are ALWAYS legal, more so than the people who drink all weekend and drive their quads thinkin they wont get stopped.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Head and tail light thing is BS and I also think its pretty rediculous that if I want to
go out camping in the woods, I should expect a government official there harrassing me and
fining me to death for any "infractions" I might be guilty of. JMO

Kori61

Reaction score
Yes I was surprised about the light thing, but even more surprised that he was so annoyed that I didn't have I.D. There are names on insurance and reg. right? So I didn't realize I needed my D.L. Well we learned something, and whats the saying ignorance is no excuse? Next time buddy will be legal and I will carry my wallet, (cause who knows how much I.D. he will need). Had a blast though, didn't let a little rain stop us, and all this happened on the way back.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is what it is, read the regs, and life is good, otherwise ya pay, pay pay, eventually learn. just the way it is. i got $1000 in fines in the mail not impressed, but if yer wrong yer wrong, no excuses.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well I guess the ID thing is so you can prove who you are and not riding a stolen machine. Or the officer can check to see if you have warrants for your arrest , either way it a lesson learned. For me to. I never carry ID guess I might now after hearing this

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was the law in the early 70's already when we rode bike..... down south here i am suprized that out in Maclean Creek and ghost riding area's ..unless your a p r i c k to them they let you go.. we have lots of srd checkin in these area's and many motocross bikes are out there... they are warned and if nice usually let go... i just dont know if i would take that chance ever time i ride..

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How are they going to check u out in the bush ??

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

Your drivers lic. But calling in on portable radio or cell phone.

Top Bottom