Ridin on crown land

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO ONE was ignorant with the wildlife guy, get it straight ppl. There are some ppl out there that are just naturally rude, dig. That is why I was so surprised with the attitude!!!! I have talked to many, many officers, have RCMP that are family.

this time of year all the new bee's come out from college for seasonal work... ,maybe you got one of them... everything is still black and white and the uniform is fresh and it can get to some guys heads... tell fish and feathers to go out and catch a poacher or save a stream... we have cops to write tickets to generate revenue... cops can't chase drunk drivers anymore or pursuit... im thinking fish cop should be nice if they write too many tickets no one will stop anymore... its getting bad so bad someone on here last summer complained because his two son's on OSET electric trials bikes got wrote up on family camping weekend... i mean common... lots of fish and feathers and cops do good work but thats plain out stupid... if that happened to me and i was alone next time they'd get a roaster tail in their face!!! Sorry for the rant im tired of stupid

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my opinion, your beter to yes sir, no sir, didn't know and won't do it again, works far better than anything else, otherwise you will find out whi is the boss real fast, take your ticket and move on, using it as a learning expeience, they have good n bad days just like the rest of us, better to not make it any worse for yourself though.

and yes tickets are a p-i-t-a

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my opinion, your beter to yes sir, no sir, didn't know and won't do it again, works far better than anything else, otherwise you will find out whi is the boss real fast, take your ticket and move on, using it as a learning expeience, they have good n bad days just like the rest of us, better to not make it any worse for yourself though.

and yes tickets are a p-i-t-a
I have found a proven method to avoid tickets in the west country and it has served me well for 23 years of camping, 4x4ing and now quadding. Have insurance and registration and make sure your vehicles are legal. This method never fails....seriously....I wouldn't lie.

The only time I deserved a ticket was when I was running down the blacktop to save some time on my quad. Still never got a ticket mind you....I pulled over...but where I pulled over his truck couldn't get to me. ;)

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true dave, Get informed about where you Re allowed to ride and what legalities you need to be legal. As dave says no problems etc

Kori61

Reaction score
this time of year all the new bee's come out from college for seasonal work... ,maybe you got one of them... everything is still black and white and the uniform is fresh and it can get to some guys heads... tell fish and feathers to go out and catch a poacher or save a stream... we have cops to write tickets to generate revenue... cops can't chase drunk drivers anymore or pursuit... im thinking fish cop should be nice if they write too many tickets no one will stop anymore... its getting bad so bad someone on here last summer complained because his two son's on OSET electric trials bikes got wrote up on family camping weekend... i mean common... lots of fish and feathers and cops do good work but thats plain out stupid... if that happened to me and i was alone next time they'd get a roaster tail in their face!!! Sorry for the rant im tired of stupid
AMEN brutha, We did think about that F250 trying to keep up with us on the trail. It is retarded, end of day, on our way out, raining, The dude might have let us finish our day having fun in the mud!

Kori61

Reaction score
I put a headlight on my yz450 f
They make sence
A buddy of mine just about got hit head on becuse of dust

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 2
I absolutely love this!!!! We had flash lights and tape and the ol' man said to just tape them on. The fish guy ignored him.

Last edited:

never2late

Reaction score
One last thing, although most bikes etc. have spark arrestors, if you do not have one this could also lead to a slap.

Kori61

Reaction score
One last thing, although most bikes etc. have spark arrestors, if you do not have one this could also lead to a slap.

Yep, a friend started a forest fire a few years back because he didn't put the spark arrestor back on after working on it. He paid large for the fire crews coming out. Thanks for all the info.

75K5

Reaction score
We were on quads all legal like, I was just surprised to learn about the light thing. O and carry your I.D. into the bush too, never thought about that one either.

Since I don't need a license to drive a quad why do I need ID. Any particular kind of ID they're looking for, what if I don't have a drivers license is a bank card OK. We do not have to present papers in this country and the police have to have a legitimate reason to pull you over, that's why the headlight BS otherwise they are detaining you without reason. The police need a warrant to have a checkstop and they are limited by that warrant. You produce a license for a licensible activity. You do have to tell them your name if they ask and lying about it will get you thrown in jail and of coarse you have to have plates and insurance.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a photocopy of your license, registration, and insurance, wrapped up in Saran Wrap and in a ziplock under your seat. Most guys won't even ask you to open it up

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to some RCs photocopy not good enough must be originals which i think is a dumb idea but they are the ones enforcing right

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found a proven method to avoid tickets in the west country and it has served me well for 23 years of camping, 4x4ing and now quadding. Have insurance and registration and make sure your vehicles are legal. This method never fails....seriously....I wouldn't lie.

The only time I deserved a ticket was when I was running down the blacktop to save some time on my quad. Still never got a ticket mind you....I pulled over...but where I pulled over his truck couldn't get to me. ;)

Me and you have the same method! And it seem to work really good for me to! Weird

Kori61

Reaction score
Put a photocopy of your license, registration, and insurance, wrapped up in Saran Wrap and in a ziplock under your seat. Most guys won't even ask you to open it up

Excellent idea thanks :) We were out this weekend (Canada day long) Had an absolute blast and never had a problem. The area around cutoff creek had lotsa mud, although some trails were washed out. I am gonna find out fer sure though about the photocopies. Saw a ton of bikes this weekend, NONE had lights or plates. Tried to do some of them a solid just by letting them hear buddys experience, well that just took time from my quading day. So next time I just smile an ride.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 ways don't go that far.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
RCMP can talk from lethbridge to mc murray if they want,,just using different repeaters,,probably across provinces to. sure the fish and feathers scan or use RCMP frequencies to

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
RCMP can talk from lethbridge to mc murray if they want,,just using different repeaters,,probably across provinces to. sure the fish and feathers scan or use RCMP frequencies to

You betcha they can...........if I could program my hand-helds to get into the repeaters (they have that capability, I don't have the expertice with my Apple), it would be awesome!

Top Bottom