Official Hassler area 2011-2012 season activity

Northerns4

Reaction score
Went to PK today with my bro in law. Met a couple really solid guys who showed us some sweet spots. Was really tracked and wind blown up to skinny ridge. I think we were the only ones who dropped over skinny ridge cause it was all untracked from there on. Less wind and lots of fresh. Good times and educational! Not sure where were goig tomorrow? Hassler, silversands??

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skinny ridge s called mount west, you can ride to Mackeze from there. And there is a nce lake with massive chutes 3 miles east of that ridge. just so ya know......

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im standin in this pic...shoveling myself out..LOL

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

theres snow up in them there hills....

outlawfish

Reaction score
pics you posted today (Jan 13) are they from PK or hasler? Recent or before new years?

JLARSH

Reaction score
Headin to Hasler on Sunday with a buddy anyone want to meet up for the 15 - 20 cms of fresh we are supposed to get?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been up the past couple days with the bit of snowfall we've been getting?

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hasler B.C Avalanche feb 21 2012 - YouTube

Ok peeps that are riding this area and want updates.....this vid was taken on the 21st of Feb. The CAC has issued a Special Public Avalanche Warning for most backcountry areas of B.C. during the week. This dude was lucky, his sled triggered an avy, lucky it was small and he wasn't buried.

We were sledding in the Torpy area(Northern Rockies) 2 wks ago and we observed surface hoar approx. 3 inches long, and it was in a wedge type shape, which is very persistent and tends to remain upright. Any new snow on top of this weak layer is a recipe for disaster. Please play safe out there!

Top Bottom